Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1097033 Posts in 72563 Topics- by 19541 Members - Latest Member: Zorgnot
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please keep ads out of here  (Read 31259 times)
wgwbassbone

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Feb 13, 2018, 05:08AM »

I might point out that you registered here TWO DAYS ago, and Matthew and Michael (of M&W) have been frequent contributors for 10 years, long before they started their company.  I am an original member of this forum, as many of us are, having migrated here from the OTJ forum before this even existed.

I specifically avoid promoting my own products, and Michael and Matthew do the same.  Can't say that for some of the newer members who joined and post only for that purpose.

Totally agree.

Holton TR 180 MV 1 and 1/2G
wgwbassbone

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Feb 13, 2018, 05:10AM »

Chris,

Some years ago when Chip Hoehler was a large part of TTF, promoting and introducing his line of "Hoehler Artiste" Wessex trombones, I asked that he identify himself in posts as a Wessex representative and artiste.
   After some resistance and debate, and the support of others on the forum who came to my defense, he eventually did so. But not until he used his EDIT function on his posts to go back into the threads he had contributed to, and edited his posts to make it appear that he had represented himself as a Wessex employee all along. Other members of the forum caught that out as well.

Chris, it would be hypocritical of me to not also ask you, yourself, to now identify yourself as a representative of Wessex in posts in future.

Thank you.

Chris considering this guy is a spy I wouldn't tell him anything but name, rank, and the first 3 digits of your serial number.

blast

"Bass/Contrabass trombone, Scottish Opera."

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:39AM »

Chris,

Some years ago when Chip Hoehler was a large part of TTF, promoting and introducing his line of "Hoehler Artiste" Wessex trombones, I asked that he identify himself in posts as a Wessex representative and artiste.
   After some resistance and debate, and the support of others on the forum who came to my defense, he eventually did so. But not until he used his EDIT function on his posts to go back into the threads he had contributed to, and edited his posts to make it appear that he had represented himself as a Wessex employee all along. Other members of the forum caught that out as well.

Chris, it would be hypocritical of me to not also ask you, yourself, to now identify yourself as a representative of Wessex in posts in future.

Thank you.

This has gone beyond what I am prepared to tolerate.  I have never been paid a cent by Wessex. I DO NOT represent them. I was asked if I would design a bass trombone as a fun project. I did and I stand by my (free) design.
I also helped my old friend Iain at Wallace mutes FOR FREE. I also have never been paid any fee by Mick Rath.
I am not an employee of any of the above and have never been.
I think I have had enough of this place now

Chris Stearn

Still cannot think of anything better to do. Back on an old 1 1/2G again !
Exzaclee

"Check out my new website!"

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:54AM »

Bonesmarsh, are you serious or just being an ass?

Chris has done nothing to deserve this treatment. I've never seen any of his posts come across and shilling for another company.

Hell, I've been a cheerleader for King and Shires, and now Bob Williams - they've never given me a cent. Should I identify myself as company rep too? Maybe I should put on my tagline that I teach at a college when I'm coming out in support of education on this and other forums?

And all over a Nick Edelstein post? Really?

Jackwagons.

Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one!
www.zacleemusic.com
wgwbassbone

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Feb 13, 2018, 07:03AM »

Chris has done nothing to deserve this treatment. I've never seen any of his posts come across and shilling for another company.

Hell, I've been a cheerleader for King and Shires, and now Bob Williams - they've never given me a cent. Should I identify myself as company rep too? Maybe I should put on my tagline that I teach at a college when I'm coming out in support of education on this and other forums?

Jackwagons.

Well since his ID on his page says he's a spy I doubt he's serious. I'll pick ass.

Dan Hine

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Feb 13, 2018, 07:37AM »

Both, most likely. 

Exzaclee

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Feb 13, 2018, 09:30AM »

I hope so. I normally like Smershies posts.

I'm not a big fan of the Chris pile-on. Chris is good people.

I think maybe some feelings are getting hurt here that may not need hurtin'

...and some self interest in the person who recently set this old post on fire

www.zacleemusic.com
Euphanasia

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Feb 13, 2018, 09:54AM »

...and some self interest in the person who recently set this old post on fire

Unfocused snark is never a good thing. If you think  you see something, call it out. It appears you're referring either to NickGrooves (who just asked a question) me (who has always wondered about that sticky) or Matt K (who made a suggestion about a way to solve the problem.) What "self interest" are you referring to here?
wgwbassbone

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Feb 13, 2018, 09:57AM »

Unfocused snark is never a good thing. If you think  you see something, call it out. It appears you're referring either to NickGrooves (who just asked a question) me (who has always wondered about that sticky) or Matt K (who made a suggestion about a way to solve the problem.) What "self interest" are you referring to here?

Well he said "originally." I think that rules you out.

Euphanasia

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Feb 13, 2018, 10:05AM »

Well he said "originally." I think that rules you out.

Hmmm.. It appears that I missed some essential backstory that's no longer reflected in NickGrooves' posting history.
Matt K

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Feb 13, 2018, 10:09AM »

Well, that certainly escalated since last night...

What's in a name? that which we call a tenor-bass posaune
By any other name would smell as sweet;
Dan Hine

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Feb 13, 2018, 10:11AM »

I think maybe some feelings are getting hurt here that may not need hurtin'

Well it IS the internet.  That's kinda what we do here.   Way cool

Exzaclee

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Feb 13, 2018, 01:43PM »

Yeah, I just feel the need to step in when I feel like someone is being unfairly piled on. I'm sure Chris can take care of himself, but I'm more concerned with the fact that some people seem to make a sport out of pissing off some pros who are a good source of information on this forum. I'd rather not lose Chris's contributions as they are a hell of a lot more valuable than what most of us post on here.

I didn't see the M&W post as problematic in the least bit, and I have to admit I am seriously doubting the intentions of a new member who comes in just to question this specific thing, very likely so they can promote their self. If I'm wrong, I can always apologize.

I got no beef with Matt, Matt is good people.

Hmmm.. It appears that I missed some essential backstory that's no longer reflected in NickGrooves' posting history.

Pretty easy to do research on teh interwebs. The world exists well beyond this little corner of it.

Well it IS the internet.  That's kinda what we do here.   Way cool

Yes indeedy, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

www.zacleemusic.com
EWadie99
The Curious One

"Bass Trombone! It's like a musical bazooka!"

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:04PM »

Totally agree.  Chris (blast) has posted alot of enlightening posts over the years and was the one who posted the 1.5G thread which made me change my view of bass trombone playing as a whole and has inspired probably not only myself, but lots of users regardless of age, profession, etc.  Now, I know this is the internet we're talking about here, but if you're going to debate said user, at least PROVIDE sources in which quotes they stated and try to analyze as to best to each oneself on what they're saying and take their prospective.  I hope Chris the best and hope someone as wise as him, will stay and post more enlightening posts for many future users to see and learn from experience.  That attack or "debate" or whatever the hell that was, was just absurd and very little comprehension in what he was on about... let this be a warning to all.

Ethan Wadie
Adlai E. Stevenson High School
Adlai E. Stevenson High School Jazz Ensemble
Adlai E. Stevenson High School Wind Ensemble
Bones:
Getzen 1062FD
sonicsilver

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Feb 14, 2018, 06:20AM »

I think I have had enough of this place now

Chris Stearn

Hair toss. Exit stage left (flouncing).

Please don't go, Chris. You're one of few here with knowledge of instrument design and building, plus practical experience of testing out the results at a high level. It would be a great shame to lose the benefit of your insights because of a little squabble.
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Feb 14, 2018, 06:29AM »

I get a Blast out of reading these threads; very educational for a non-touring non-pro like me!

Why, yesterday I learned a new word; "jackwagon(s)"!

Yeah, let's keep it all civil, but let's keep pounding it out!

...Geezer

This is a pretty darn good discussion Forum (as they go). But as far as actual playing advice is concerned, don't let it take the place of an instructor you can relate to one-on-one.
savio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: Feb 14, 2018, 03:04PM »

I dont understand you Bonesmarsh.  You have done this same accusation before against Ralph C. Sauer. I think we all agree that musicians like Chris, Ralph and Svenne is where we listen every word, because they have been through every scenario both as musicians, performers and pedagogues.

Bonesmarsh, think twice.  Clever

Leif

Bass Trombone - Conn, Holton
greenbean

"Brass Kahuna"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Feb 14, 2018, 05:29PM »

Oh, that is just great.  Bonesmarsh, self-serving jackass that he is, runs off one of the last remaining pros will to hang around here and share.  For free.  For the benefit of us amateurs.  That is great.

Hey, Bonesmarsh, grow up!  Pretend you are an adult.

Holton bass trombones...
fsung

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Feb 14, 2018, 07:29PM »

No, what's hypocritical is only demanding that some individuals who are in some way associated with a manufacturer or brand identify themselves as representatives while giving others a free pass.

It is—at the very least—"suggestive" to note what the individuals you are demanding identify themselves mfg's representatives have in common, and what the individuals you're not demanding identify themselves as mfg's reps have in common. It's also "suggestive" to note the nature of an event that precipitated your calling out individuals to whom previously you gave a pass.

It is difficult to attribute the complete correspondence between the presence of the factor and the demand for identification and absence of the factor and the absence of the demand for identification to mere coincidence, and to avoid drawing the most obvious inference that arises from that correspondence: an inference that does you no credit.
schlitzbeer

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:15PM »

Jackwagons.

YAWN. I wouldn’t spend good money watching you run around in a cheerleader outfit...... Ain’t it obvious that the Nicholas Boner Duo didn’t get any this holiday? Keep up the good thoughts and work. Nice stuff on YouTube.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: