Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

940847 Posts in 61872 Topics- by 14944 Members - Latest Member: Hulkbone
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) The worst president and Congress ever
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The worst president and Congress ever  (Read 31920 times)
johngsteel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Aug 04, 2011, 11:20AM »

Oh, and he was not that good of an actor.

Kanstul 1662i
- Red brass bell, unsoldered, 24 gauge
- Bronze (rose/gold) outer slide, nickle crook
- Kanstull George Roberts mouthpiece
SensitiveJohn

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Aug 04, 2011, 11:22AM »

But, if government isn't big enough to do its job, then we fall into anarchy, and not the labor movement kind or anarchy.

Don't make me post another link to Somali Vacation.
SensitiveJohn

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 04, 2011, 11:23AM »

Oh, and he was not that good of an actor.
But he was a fantastic spokeshero for the conservatives.
johngsteel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Aug 04, 2011, 11:24AM »

Very good speaker, just like Obama.

See?  You only need to be a good speaker to have support from your base!

Kanstul 1662i
sly fox
love old trombones' engravings

"trombone enthusiast, photos of trombones - gallery"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Aug 04, 2011, 11:25AM »

Incumbents in Congress have the advantage b/c the State legislatures have "gerrymandered" the congressional districts to make many of them safe for a specific party.  The Incombents face more danger from a challenge in a primary than in the general election.

http://www.tulsabeacon.com/?p=5326

for example the Republicans in the Kansas Legislature, who, hold onto your hats, ladies and gents, are in the majority in both houses and the Republican Governor are suggesting to add part of eastern Kansas to the huge 1st US House district.  it would then stretch from the Kansas' border with the state of Oklahoma border on the South, from the Kansas' border with the State of Colorado on the West, clear across the state of Kansas' border with the State of Nebraska on the north to the Kansas' border with the State of Missouri on the East.  needless to say that it would cut into counties which have voted democratic in the past have nothing to do with the plan  Evil :D

http://www.domeontherange.net/

. . . While the GOP has never been known for playing fair, this plan is especially obnoxious.  I recently got a hold of a copy of the map that "doesn't exist," and it's as every bit ridiculous as one would think. This is the Republican Party's plan, after all.  

As Expected, Kansas City is included in the 1st District. With its sizable minority population and blue-collar history, it meshes quite well with the rural and white farm communities of the 1st district.  Senator Anthony Hensley recently said the potential 1st District stretches from "coast to coast," touching all four states bordering Kansas.   Saying that the East Coast and the West Coast are the same economically, politically, or socially is.. well.. stupid, and any justification the GOP gives for including WyCo in the 1st will be equally arbitrary.

Fortunately for Kansans who believe in the democratic process, the media has taken notice. Newspapers in Hutchinson, McPherson and Kansas City have all reported on the proposed plan.  Rather than admit it got caught playing dirty politics, the GOP is playing dumb. "What? Gerrymander? We would never!" Right. This coming from the same lawmakers who passed uneccessarily strict voter registration legislation with the goal of disenfranchising elderly, minority, young and low-income voters.. you know, the Democratic Party. . . .

Allen
First and foremost I'm a proud Dad & lucky Husband.  They say great minds can differ (not that I claim to have a great mind).  Remember that $ and my opinion buys coffee at the diner.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Aug 04, 2011, 11:36AM »

I've never seen any of his movies.  I do know that he made propaganda films for the Military during WWII, the big one, and that he also was a spokesman for GE.

You ought to rent "Bedtime for Bonzo" some time.  The epitome of Reagan acting Evil

And if you can find it, see if they have compiled seasons of "Death Valley Days" where Ronnie was spokesman for 20 Mule Team Borax.

Incidentally, just about everybody in Hollywood made propaganda films or training films during World War II.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Section Ldr, Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch.
SensitiveJohn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Aug 04, 2011, 11:56AM »

Very good speaker, just like Obama.

See?  You only need to be a good speaker to have support from your base!
They are both good speakers, but there is a difference.  Obama is not acting in the interests of his base, and he is not acting in line with his base's politics either.
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Aug 04, 2011, 11:57AM »

You ought to rent "Bedtime for Bonzo" some time.  The epitome of Reagan acting Evil

And if you can find it, see if they have compiled seasons of "Death Valley Days" where Ronnie was spokesman for 20 Mule Team Borax.

Incidentally, just about everybody in Hollywood made propaganda films or training films during World War II.

a number did more than propoganda or training films:

http://www.jodavidsmeyer.com/combat/military/actors_in_wwii.html

alphabetical listing at link

Allen
First and foremost I'm a proud Dad & lucky Husband.  They say great minds can differ (not that I claim to have a great mind).  Remember that $ and my opinion buys coffee at the diner.
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Aug 04, 2011, 12:56PM »

They are both good speakers, but there is a difference.  Obama is not acting in the interests of his base, and he is not acting in line with his base's politics either.
He's all over the map.  Not a good sign of leadership.

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Aug 04, 2011, 01:30PM »

He's all over the map.  Not a good sign of leadership.

He's a breathing and claims to be a democrat. Not a good sign of leadership.
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Aug 04, 2011, 02:39PM »

He's a breathing and claims to be a democrat. Not a good sign of leadership.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/04/despite-debt-crisis-resolution-wall-street-plummets-amid-economic-fears/
Where's fearless leader?  Never mind, he's campaigning somewhere.  He's awesome.

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Aug 04, 2011, 02:49PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/04/despite-debt-crisis-resolution-wall-street-plummets-amid-economic-fears/
Where's fearless leader?  Never mind, he's campaigning somewhere.  He's awesome.

wrong again:

got back early this AM

got his morining briefing

at the White House

http://www.whitehouse.gov/schedule/president

Allen
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Aug 04, 2011, 02:51PM »

wrong again:

got back early this AM

got his morining briefing

at the White House

http://www.whitehouse.gov/schedule/president
Wrong again?  Where have I ever been wrong?  Evil

Ronald Reagan
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Aug 04, 2011, 02:54PM »

sorry, there is a limit to my time, so I can't answer that question completely

to my knowledge, you have been wrong at least once

and to be fair, you were right correct at least once too.

you have been "right" (politically) since I began reading your comments.

Evil :D

Allen
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Aug 04, 2011, 02:55PM »

sorry, there is a limit to my time, so I can't answer that question completely

to my knowledge, you have been wrong at least once

and to be fair, you were right correct at least once too.

you have been "right" (politically) since I began reading your comments.

Evil :D
I can live with that.  :-P

Ronald Reagan
johngsteel

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Aug 04, 2011, 03:09PM »

Don't forget that it was Regans leadership that ended the cold war with the Soviet Union.

Russia may be there and strong again, but not with the majority of the USSR satellite states...

He also jump-started an econemy that Carter almost destroyed, and rebuilt the US to show strength in the world after the Carter weakness.

Just by being nice to others does not mean they will change and be nice to you.  That was just one of Carters major policy flaws.

Kanstul 1662i
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Aug 04, 2011, 03:45PM »

Yup;
http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/simpson-debt-problem-committee/2011/08/04/id/406119

Ronald Reagan
SensitiveJohn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Aug 04, 2011, 03:49PM »

Alan Simpson and Erskine Bowles???  I don't think anybody's voted for these clowns in years.  Anything they have to say is no better than what any other person has to say.  Obama has to cut it out with they asinine presidential commissions and deal with the congress directly.  He's a moderate, and so he appoints moderates to the commission, and since there are no moderates left in congress, the congress ignores their reports.
SensitiveJohn

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Aug 04, 2011, 04:06PM »

The cold war ended because the economy of the Soviet Union collapsed.  And, the Russian people lost the will to continue it.

Russia has not done so well since the fall of the Soviet Union.  The alcoholism rate among males has skyrocketed.  The life expectancy for males has gone down.  Whether this is due solely to alcohol, or if access to health care is an issue, is not known to me.  Fewer women are willing to have kids with the drunk guys.  Russia now has a declining population. 
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Aug 04, 2011, 04:27PM »

you left out the most important fact about the commission. 

If I am not mistaken, the commission was supposed to be able to make binding recommendations on the Congress, in other words, their recommendations would get an up/down vote.

this fell apart when the Republican sponsors of the bill setting up the commission refused to vote against the GOP filibuster.

The first time that SPONSORS refused to support their own bill.

this was after the Republicans publicly announced they would do anything they could to prevent the President from getting any legislation passed through Congress.

Allen
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: