Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

949681 Posts in 62832 Topics- by 15165 Members - Latest Member: bender
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) Transcript of Republican Candidates' Debate - any thoughts???
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Transcript of Republican Candidates' Debate - any thoughts???  (Read 16712 times)
sly fox
love old trombones' engravings

"trombone enthusiast, photos of trombones - gallery"

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Jan 17, 2012, 02:26AM »

link to transcript of last night's GOP debate

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/01/17/transcript-fox-news-channel-wall-street-journal-debate-in-south-carolina/

Allen
First and foremost I'm a proud Dad & lucky Husband.  They say great minds can differ (not that I claim to have a great mind).  Remember that $ and my opinion buys coffee at the diner.
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Jan 17, 2012, 08:28AM »

You could just post a link to any of the other 212.312 debates thay've had and then say "ditto". Nothing new!

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Jan 17, 2012, 08:30AM »

You could just post a link to any of the other 212.312 debates thay've had and then say "ditto". Nothing new!
Except that Ron Paul may be certifiable. 

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Jan 17, 2012, 09:14AM »

gotta disagree with you Russ

this one, all but Paul indicted they would attack "terrorists" where ever they may "be", just like George W Bush, hello Britian, Germany, Spain and France, are you folks listening???

and all but Paul and Santorum endorsed the idea of holding a "terrorist" suspect who was a US citizen without the rights of a US Citizen.

admittedly, you got to shift a lot of muck but the distrubing stuff is there for sure and some of it is new.

Allen
First and foremost I'm a proud Dad & lucky Husband.  They say great minds can differ (not that I claim to have a great mind).  Remember that $ and my opinion buys coffee at the diner.
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: Jan 17, 2012, 02:51PM »

gotta disagree with you Russ

this one, all but Paul indicted they would attack "terrorists" where ever they may "be", just like George W Bush, hello Britian, Germany, Spain and France, are you folks listening???

and all but Paul and Santorum endorsed the idea of holding a "terrorist" suspect who was a US citizen without the rights of a US Citizen.

admittedly, you got to shift a lot of muck but the distrubing stuff is there for sure and some of it is new.

But, it's nothing new. The positions are no different than before, just approached from a different perspective.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:57AM »

Tune in Thursday <January 19, 2012> at 8 p.m. ET for the CNN/Southern Republican Presidential Debate hosted by John King and follow it on Twitter at #CNNDebate. For real-time coverage of the South Carolina primary, go to CNNPolitics.com or to the CNN apps or CNN mobile web site.

if anyone out there cares

Allen
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: Jan 19, 2012, 07:48AM »

I like how the ABR (Anybody But Romney) group got together and fell over themselves trying to show how they feel that fertilized eggs are life.

I'm waiting for one of them to say that the act of intercourse creates life and you can't do anything to disturb the consequences.  Or maybe we can go back to the intent to have intercourse is the start Evil

These guys are anxious to have less government except when it involves our private lives. >:(

And now do we start prosecuting women for failure to implant a fertilized egg as murderers?  Too bad we can't prosecute them for lack of understanding of how natural processes work.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Section Ldr, Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch.
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:03PM »

any one care about the facts?

or do they just want to repeat the lies?

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/19/charleston-s-c-debate-fact-check/

Allen
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:05PM »

any one care about the facts?

or do they just want to repeat the lies?

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/19/charleston-s-c-debate-fact-check/
Surprised?  That's politics.  Best liar wins.

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:07PM »

Surprised?  That's politics.  Best liar wins.

If that's the case, why aren't you  President? Evil :-P Evil :-P Evil :-P Evil

Bruce Guttman
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:14PM »

link to the transcript:

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/16560218/cnn-transcript-of-the-gop-debate-in-charleston

Allen
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:31PM »

If that's the case, why aren't you  President? Evil :-P Evil :-P Evil :-P Evil
I'm a poor liar.

Ronald Reagan
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:10AM »

I'm a poor liar.

Yup.

To everyone but yourself, anyway.

- Reason is to understanding as theory is to music, and critical thinking is as mastery of theory.
- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves. -Richard Feynman
SensitiveJohn

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:56AM »

I'm surprised that folks think that Newt handled himself well.  He seemed to loose his temper when they asked him about his marital life.  Perhaps it isn't relevant to some people, but Evangelicals may disagree.  Some here get angry and vindictive if one brings up the private lives of their beloved conservative Republicans, but Newt's marital indiscretions are an issue for some.  If he doesn't have integrity in his personal life, will he have integrity in his professional life?  Perhaps the two aren't necessarily connected, but it does leave a considerable doubt about his character.  This isn't a job interview for a history teacher, this is the nominating process for President.  Just because he is smarter and actually understands the issues isn't enough.  Can't the Republicans find someone of character and intelligence?  Newt might be "appalled" at the debate moderator bringing his marital infidelity to light; it might have been in poor taste, but it was hardly appalling, and it was a fair question, especially since his former wife's comments were all over the media yesterday.  What is appalling was the way that Newt treated his first and second wives.  And, now he is calling his second wife a liar. Really?  This just makes him seem to be without any credibility.  Are Republicans so stupid as to be considering Newt for their nominee?

And then we have Romney defending corporate predation and job destruction in order to create wealth.  Are these guys insane?  In order for Republicans to win, they must score a landslide among the uneducated white working class.  Even Bubba and Bobby Joe understand about companies coming in to take over local companies and laying everyone off.

Republicans certainly know that Obama's leadership has been lacking, and that most Americans are looking for an alternative.  However, it is obvious that the Republicans are unwilling to give us a reasonable alternative to Obama.  None of Republican presidential candidates are more suitable than Obama.  Republicans should be "appalled" at their instability to find a credible candidate.

The Republicans only hope is that the recovery stalls.  It looks like it isn't.  The unemployment rate in Massachusetts dropped to 6.8%.  For those that don't know, we are usually the one of the first states to fall into the recession, but also one of the first to start recovering.  We'll see, if economic downturn resumes, its anybody's game.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:51AM »

I don't think anybody would be making an issue of Newt's infidelities if he wasn't busy touting "family values" -- apparently for everybody else but himself.

He reminds me of a group for a generation ago: the Moral Majority -- which proved to be neither.

Bruce Guttman
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Jan 20, 2012, 06:09AM »

Yup.

To everyone but yourself, anyway.
פאצ

Ronald Reagan
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Jan 20, 2012, 06:53AM »

I don't think anybody would be making an issue of Newt's infidelities if he wasn't busy touting "family values" -- apparently for everybody else but himself.

He reminds me of a group for a generation ago: the Moral Majority -- which proved to be neither.

Newt, as those who have read my posts about him knows, is not my type of politician, all people/leaders have feet of clay and are sinners, but Newt is the type of hypocrite who doesn't care if you know he is a hypocrite

his response last night was similar to the killer being sentenced by the court who is incensed b/c the court didn't acknowledge he was a poor orphan <who was in court being sentenced for killing his father and mother>

the only "fact" in question is not whether he is a hypocrite who cheated on at least two of his three marriages, but whether he asked his second wife to remain married to him while he carried on a public affair.

that is the only "fact" at issue.  did he ask for an "open marriage".  he says no, she says yes.  no question he is a liar and oath breaker so I tend to believe his second ex-wife.

he is a hypocrite, no question he is one, just don't dare call him one.

whoops, I just did, again.

fwiiw, jmvho, ymmv

Allen
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Jan 23, 2012, 01:56PM »

tonight might be the night:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/23/what-to-watch-for-in-the-tampa-debate/?ref=politics

Presidential debates usually get ugly when the candidates spend the hours before the face-off accusing each other of illegal activity or lying.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/23/romney-warns-of-october-surprises-if-gingrich-is-nominee/

So get ready for a wild ride on Monday night.

The coming clash between Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney will be the featured attraction at the University of South Florida on Monday, where the two men and their rivals, Rick Santorum and Ron Paul, meet for the first of two debates this week. The 90-minute face-off begins at 9 p.m. Eastern and will be broadcast on NBC . . .

_________________________________________________ __

the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LpGqJ247o0

fact checking:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/23/tampa-fla-debate-fact-check/?ref=politics
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2012, 07:46AM by sly fox » Logged

Allen
SensitiveJohn

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Jan 24, 2012, 10:45AM »

I don't know why they keep having debates if they have nothing new to discuss.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: Jan 24, 2012, 12:40PM »

I don't know why they keep having debates if they have nothing new to discuss.

They are trying for "gotcha" moments like Rick Perry forgetting one of the three cabinet departments he wants to kill.

I think they expect that Newt will go ballistic at one of these and knock himself out.

Bruce Guttman
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: