Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

923243 Posts in 60426 Topics- by 14495 Members - Latest Member: hpaez
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Classified Rules  (Read 16884 times)
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« on: Sep 27, 2011, 05:25AM »

This is a temporary Classified Ad section for use by our Members to buy, sell, or trade.  It may be modified as we see the need (sub-boards made).  We'd like to see the following format:

1.  Title should begin with either FS, WTB, WTT (standing for For Sale, Want to Buy, and Want to Trade, respectively).  After the letters you should describe what it is you are looking to buy/sell/trade/trade for.

2.  This board will be moderated and specific item posts will be purged at a regular interval.  If you still haven't sold/found/etc. whatever you want, you can repost.  Posts that are 2 months old are removed.

3.  Bump entries will be removed.

4.  Entries determined to be fraudulent or for stolen goods will be removed without notice.

5.  Non-trombone related entries will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

6.  No replies please.  REPLIES WILL BE DELETED. PM sellers please.

There have been a number of For Sale / Want to Buy / Want To Trade ads in the regular content section.  These will be moved to this section as the Moderators can find the time.

Note that the posters of these ads are responsible for their content.  The Trombone Forum cannot control what is posted beyond removing what is pointed out to us as false.  We do not endorse or guarantee anything.  Caveat Emptor.

We hope the regular Classifieds can be restored soon.
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2012, 06:56PM by tbone62 » Logged

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Section Ldr, Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch.
DF Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2013, 07:58AM »

Hi - where do I go to start a classified ad post ??
Matt K

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2013, 08:22AM »

http://tromboneforum.org/index.php/board,65.0.html

Click "New Topic", about half way down the page on the right side of the screen.

What's in a name? that which we call a tenor-bass posaune
By any other name would smell as sweet;
Sliphorn
Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2014, 07:39AM »

Hi. Does anyone have any idea why I can't attach photos to my posts?  Thanks.

BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2014, 07:44AM »

Hi. Does anyone have any idea why I can't attach photos to my posts?  Thanks.

Yup.  I seem to always get that "input buffer full" error whenever I try.  Here's a way around it:

1.  Make sure the photo has a URL.  Load it into a free photo service like Photobucket or Flickr.  Or even to our Gallery.

2.  Capture the URL of the photo by opening it up in the site and right clicking (this is for Windoze and I've had success with Linux; if you are Unix or Mac OS there is probably some other way) and selecting "Copy Image URL".

3.  In your post, use the Image button (2nd row, 2nd from the left) to insert IMG and /IMG tags.  Paste the URL between the tags and you should be good to go.

Bruce Guttman
Sliphorn
Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2014, 01:27PM »

Yup.  I seem to always get that "input buffer full" error whenever I try.  Here's a way around it:

1.  Make sure the photo has a URL.  Load it into a free photo service like Photobucket or Flickr.  Or even to our Gallery.

2.  Capture the URL of the photo by opening it up in the site and right clicking (this is for Windoze and I've had success with Linux; if you are Unix or Mac OS there is probably some other way) and selecting "Copy Image URL".

3.  In your post, use the Image button (2nd row, 2nd from the left) to insert IMG and /IMG tags.  Paste the URL between the tags and you should be good to go.
Thanks.  I'm glad for a clear and concise reply.  I hope it can help others.  I'll try updating my posts soon.

Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2014, 03:13PM »

I'm new to the Forum, but am interested in purchasing items in the Classified Ads.  Just how do I go about contacting the seller / purchasing the items for sale? 
Dave L
"Posaunus"
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2014, 03:22PM »

I'm new to the Forum, but am interested in purchasing items in the Classified Ads.  Just how do I go about contacting the seller / purchasing the items for sale? 
Dave L
"Posaunus"

Pretty straightforward.

In the block identifying the poster there are two symbols.  One looks like a comic strip balloon and the other looks like an envelope.  The balloon sends a Personal Message to that member.  This will show up as a pop-up on their browser next time they log in.  The envelope will send an e-mail from your E-mail service (provided it has been enabled in Windows) to the e-mail of the seller.  You can also find the e-mail of the seller from their profile (the little person symbol).

Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Bruce Guttman
John the Theologian

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:30PM »

Bruce, is there any way to post a pic if I just have it in a JPG format?  An eBay seller sent me a message with a couple of pics of the inner slide of a horn he has for sale and I'd like TTF members to give their opinion.  However, I can't post a URL since it's in a personal eBay message which is password protected.  I've copied the JPG to a Word document, but I'm not sure how to post it onto TTF.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:36PM »

It has to have a URL.  You could post it in the Gallery and refer to that.  When the auction is over you can then delete the pictures from the Gallery (or I can if you can't).

Bruce Guttman
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: