Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

942272 Posts in 62060 Topics- by 14987 Members - Latest Member: craigsbone
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) ***** OOTD ****** (Outrage of the Day)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ***** OOTD ****** (Outrage of the Day)  (Read 37053 times)
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:51PM »

You're clearly not paying attention.
 So now you want to argue the standards of reason are different for trombonists, or in casual settings--what makes a valid argument is flexible. But no, it's not. This is another pretty clear indication you really just don't understand reasoning, much less how it applies to discussion--genuine discussion, that is.
 In sports what I'm doing is pointing out that some players are ignoring the rules, but we don't really have any referees in the sense of the rules of logic and reason and such. We have to establish the standards of the forum in the social climate here, and you and yours are seriously detrimental to that climate.

That's another point I've made about 14 dozen times, yet you seem to have managed to miss it, as I expect you will this time ... because you don't really understand what I'm talking about.
Look who's not paying attention.  No one cares.  If they do they don't pontificate about it like you do.  What you also fail to navigate is that this is a forum, not an in person discussion.  You cannot surmise ones personality, intelligence, musical ability or anything like that based on a forum.  Some of the members have less time to post and therefore are more curt with their responses.  We all have different personalities too.  There are rally no rules like you state.  Only the ones in your mind.
Woulds you expect the same level of "reasoning" when discussing sports or at a party or a pub?  If you did, you'd be the noor of the party and people would be clamoring for the exits.
I don't miss anything you say.  I choose to ignore it because it's unnecessary. It's like we should all wear tuxes while we post.  It is also not necessary. 
Do a poll and see how many members agree to the "rules" that you want.  I think people just want casual conversation and to be informed and to discuss without having a "reasoning, logic, whatever" referee.

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:53PM »

Some people are just nuts!!!
Like this woman; Lisa Curtin, principal of the Soule Road School in Wilbraham, Mass.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/16/officials-deny-effort-to-scrap-st-patricks-day-at-massachusetts-public-school/?test=latestnews

At least some people in MA have some common sense and don't walk the PC line all the time.

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: Mar 16, 2012, 11:30PM »

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/03/14/pro-choice-activist-i-love-abortion-dont-want-it-rare/

Teaser:
“Pro-Choice” Activist: “I Love Abortion,” “Don’t Want it Rare”

Actually, this really isn't an 'Outrage of the Day' because FINALLY a Liberal had the Gonads to come out and admit what abortion is about all along.

First, unlike all the liberals around here, she admitted that she is FOR abortion, while all the liberals around here say stuff like they are against abortion, but think that the mother should have rights blah blah blah.

She says:
“Similarly, I’ve heard reproductive rights activists claim that “no one likes abortion,” in an attempt to find common ground with anti-choicers. While it may be true that no one likes the physical act of having an abortion (any more than she may like her yearly mammogram, life-saving chemotherapy, or temporarily uncomfortable dental surgery), a great many women like abortion itself.”

Second, she admits the purpose for the abortion, and it isn't about her health, rape and incest, like all the liberals around here try to say, in their justification efforts blah blah blah.

From the article:
"The pro-abortion activist categorically opposes even the “safe, legal and rare” mantra that pro-abortion politicians like Bill Clinton have used to appear to be more moderate or mainstream on abortion and that even former NARAL president Kate Michelman used to make her organization’s position appear less polemic."

She goes on:
“However, there is no need to suggest that abortion be rare. To say so implies a value judgement [sic], promoting the idea that abortion is somehow distasteful or immoral and should be avoided. Even with affordable, accessible birth control, there will be user errors, condoms that break, moments of spontaneity. The best contraceptive access in the world won’t change the fact that we are merely human and imperfect in our routines.”

Finally, someone who is brave enough to come out with some honesty about why they are for abortion. So now, we finally know the truth.

Your thesis is this, boiled down:

1) One single pro-choice advocate doesn't want abortions to be rare.
2) Other pro-choice advocates don't want to outlaw abortions, but want them to be as rare as possible.
3) This proves that the second group is lying, and the first person, who expresses a rather rare belief, is honestly conveying the true feelings of other people who don't own up to them.

Your habit of addressing people in groups has completely scrambled your brain. Why isn't it possible that the lady who wants abortions to be common is telling the truth, and so are those who want abortion legal but rare? Of course it is, but you ignore that possibility.

There are abortion oppponents who believe that abortion doctors should be murdered as often as possible. You oppose abortion. I don't ascribe the desire to murder abortionists to you because you partly agree on policy with the doctor murderers. I don't say, "Finally, someone's admitting what all the pro-lifers really think, but won't say."

But that's precisely the logic you're using. I believe you've been thinking this way for so long that you're incapable of being cured.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: Mar 17, 2012, 06:44AM »

Your thesis is this, boiled down:

1) One single pro-choice advocate doesn't want abortions to be rare.
2) Other pro-choice advocates don't want to outlaw abortions, but want them to be as rare as possible.
3) This proves that the second group is lying, and the first person, who expresses a rather rare belief, is honestly conveying the true feelings of other people who don't own up to them.

Your habit of addressing people in groups has completely scrambled your brain. Why isn't it possible that the lady who wants abortions to be common is telling the truth, and so are those who want abortion legal but rare? Of course it is, but you ignore that possibility.

There are abortion oppponents who believe that abortion doctors should be murdered as often as possible. You oppose abortion. I don't ascribe the desire to murder abortionists to you because you partly agree on policy with the doctor murderers. I don't say, "Finally, someone's admitting what all the pro-lifers really think, but won't say."

But that's precisely the logic you're using. I believe you've been thinking this way for so long that you're incapable of being cured.

So, are you saying that you disagree with her? On all points, or just some points, or what? I'm glad.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: Mar 17, 2012, 07:32AM »

Abortion should not be a substitute for using condoms or birth control measures.  It costs more for an abortion than a year of birth control pills, and you can by out your local pharmacy's supply of condoms for the cost of one abortion.

But if those measures fail, an abortion should be available as a fail-safe.

Most women are not anxious to have an abortion.  As I said before, they are hard-wired by nature to bring a child to term.  I would trust them to make the right decision -- for them.  (Pardon me if I paraphrase Sam Burtis.)

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Section Ldr, Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: Mar 17, 2012, 07:35AM »

Abortion should not be a substitute for using condoms or birth control measures.  It costs more for an abortion than a year of birth control pills, and you can by out your local pharmacy's supply of condoms for the cost of one abortion.

But if those measures fail, an abortion should be available as a fail-safe.

Most women are not anxious to have an abortion.  As I said before, they are hard-wired by nature to bring a child to term.  I would trust them to make the right decision -- for them.  (Pardon me if I paraphrase Sam Burtis.)

As of 2008, the last time the statistics were counted, there were 1.2 million abortions in that one year. Don't know how many since.

Energy City Big Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: Mar 17, 2012, 08:01AM »

As of 2008, the last time the statistics were counted, there were 1.2 million abortions in that one year. Don't know how many since.

So are you ready to pony up to raise 1.2 million additional kids each year?  Because the mothers weren't.

Bruce Guttman
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: Mar 17, 2012, 08:05AM »

So are you ready to pony up to raise 1.2 million additional kids each year?  Because the mothers weren't.
Doesn't look like they were very 'hard wired' to be a mother like you suggested. :)

Energy City Big Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: Mar 17, 2012, 08:26AM »

Doesn't look like they were very 'hard wired' to be a mother like you suggested. :)

No.  They were really mad because of some IT guy from Texas Evil Evil Evil

In New York City we used to say to people like you: "What's it to you?"  Meaning what stake do you  have in this?

Like I keep saying, I support your right not to have an abortion.

Bruce Guttman
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: Mar 17, 2012, 08:47AM »

So it's a great method for birth control and population control?

Ronald Reagan
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: Mar 17, 2012, 08:50AM »

So it's a great method for birth control and population control?
1.2 million dead? Whats it to you? :)

Energy City Big Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: Mar 17, 2012, 09:10AM »

1.2 million dead? Whats it to you? :)

You don't seem to be concerned about the same number of Iraqis killed in the war... :/

Bruce Guttman
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: Mar 17, 2012, 09:29AM »

You don't seem to be concerned about the same number of Iraqis killed in the war... :/
a. Where do you get your numbers?
b.  Who killed most of them?
c. Defensless babies versus many adults.  Militants hiding amonst children?  Sorry.  They don't value life as much as we do. Deliberately killing innocents? Rare for Americans to do this.  Common for nutcase islamofacists.

Ronald Reagan
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: Mar 17, 2012, 10:39AM »

So, are you saying that you disagree with her? On all points, or just some points, or what? I'm glad.

I agree with her on the legality of abortion. That's precisely the degree to which you agree with doctor murderers (giving you the benefit of the doubt).

That's why your post that I quoted is a bunch of horse hockey--you're claiming, without any evidence whatever, that one person's opinion is the secretly held opinion of all pro-choicers.

That makes sense, because you're a side-chooser, so you think other people fit themselves neatly into groups the way you do.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: Mar 17, 2012, 10:47AM »

I agree with her on the legality of abortion. That's precisely the degree to which you agree with doctor murderers (giving you the benefit of the doubt).

That's why your post that I quoted is a bunch of horse hockey--you're claiming, without any evidence whatever, that one person's opinion is the secretly held opinion of all pro-choicers.

That makes sense, because you're a side-chooser, so you think other people fit themselves neatly into groups the way you do.
"you're claiming, without any evidence whatever, that one person's opinion is the secretly held opinion of all pro-choicers."
Seriously?  You're not that dumb.

Ronald Reagan
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: Mar 17, 2012, 11:12PM »

"you're claiming, without any evidence whatever, that one person's opinion is the secretly held opinion of all pro-choicers."
Seriously?  You're not that dumb.

You are correct that I'm not dumb.

Here are your quotes. Kindly defend them.

Actually, this really isn't an 'Outrage of the Day' because FINALLY a Liberal had the Gonads to come out and admit what abortion is about all along.
Second, she admits the purpose for the abortion, and it isn't about her health, rape and incest, like all the liberals around here try to say, in their justification efforts blah blah blah.

Finally, someone who is brave enough to come out with some honesty about why they are for abortion. So now, we finally know the truth.

Now, if anything you say has any relationship to truth (which it probably doesn't), explain to me why you believe this person speaks for anyone except herself. Take your time.

ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: Mar 17, 2012, 11:17PM »

You are correct that I'm not dumb.

Here are your quotes. Kindly defend them.

Now, if anything you say has any relationship to truth (which it probably doesn't), explain to me why you believe this person speaks for anyone except herself. Take your time.
Thetre not my quotes.  They're DD's. 
You're really having a hard time tonight, aren't you?

Ronald Reagan
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: Mar 17, 2012, 11:25PM »

Thetre not my quotes.  They're DD's. 
You're really having a hard time tonight, aren't you?

You're right, they were DD's quote instead of yours.

I thought I was responding to DD, but I should have recognized your posting style, which is to quote someone else's post and respond with a meaningless one-liner.

Maybe you can explain why you thought my post was 'dumb' instead of just asserting it. Do you have smart person hanging around who can help you?

ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: Mar 17, 2012, 11:34PM »

You're right, they were DD's quote instead of yours.

I thought I was responding to DD, but I should have recognized your posting style, which is to quote someone else's post and respond with a meaningless one-liner.

Maybe you can explain why you thought my post was 'dumb' instead of just asserting it. Do you have smart person hanging around who can help you?
I think I'll just ignore you since you're on this a-hole kick.
Why don't you just have another six pack and sleep it off.

Ronald Reagan
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: Mar 17, 2012, 11:41PM »

I think I'll just ignore you since you're on this a-hole kick.

That would be easier than answering my question, which was 'What is dumb about my post?"

Apparently, 'a-hole' is your latest deal. I'm seeing it in your posts lately.

You could answer more substantively by explaining why my objection to taking one pro-lifer's opinion as indicative of all of them is 'dumb'.

I wouldn't blame you for not trying. Name-calling is more your style.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: