Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

949848 Posts in 62828 Topics- by 15175 Members - Latest Member: Tbone him
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) A quaint little glimpse into the far right--the Faux Nuze audience
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A quaint little glimpse into the far right--the Faux Nuze audience  (Read 802 times)
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« on: Feb 13, 2012, 10:32AM »

Warning: it's pretty ugly in that world. You just don't generally find this nastiness to anywhere near such a degree outside of the far right wing, where it's pretty common.

- Reason is to understanding as theory is to music, and critical thinking is as mastery of theory.
- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves. -Richard Feynman
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2012, 10:34AM »

NEWSFLASH!!!
You don't have to be a Fox News reader, supporter, to comment online.  Any idiot can comment.

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2012, 10:41AM »

So I see Evil

Not every Fox News reader is a racist, but it seems the (white) racists like Fox News.  Reminds me of other groups: the TEA Party, Neo Conservatism, etc.

Note that many Black racists (yes, they exist) seem to line up with the Left.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Section Ldr, Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch.
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2012, 10:50AM »

So I see Evil

Not every Fox News reader is a racist, but it seems the (white) racists like Fox News.  Reminds me of other groups: the TEA Party, Neo Conservatism, etc.

Note that many Black racists (yes, they exist) seem to line up with the Left.

"Not every Fox News reader is a racist". Correct.
"it seems the (white) racists like Fox News". Don't know. Where do get your information?
No The tea party is not racist. There may be racists in the tea party though.
Neo Cons?  Don't know.
And yes.

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan
Bonefide

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2012, 11:35AM »

just doing a quick scan through other news articles' comment sections, it seems as though those willing to vocalize an anti-black racist remark on the internet flock to the Fox news article...

Not to say other articles don't have people using racial slurs and calling her a low-life; cause they all do. But WOWZA. I see why Bruce made that statement...
Smokin Cuppa

"Yabba Dabba Doo"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2012, 12:50PM »

It's sad. Those comments are just wrong. A woman died. People can be very rude. I don't get it. Confused
sfboner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2012, 02:04PM »

This comment caught my eye:

"Like most of her species, she suffered from chronic stupidity."

If the commentator means the human species, then after some years on the internet, I must agree with them!   Yeah, RIGHT.
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2012, 02:18PM »

JFYI:
Quote from: bigredfutbol (Project Reason Forum)
Apparantly, someone at Fox News decided that their loyal readers were making them look bad--as of right now (2:41 PM EST), the Comments have been taken off, and you can't leave new ones.

I went to a couple of other stories to make sure I wasn't missing something--sure enough, there is still a place to leave comments in the same toolbar with the options to share, Email, Facebook, or Twitter the story...but in the case of the Whitney Houston story, the "Comments" option has disappeared.

- Reason is to understanding as theory is to music, and critical thinking is as mastery of theory.
- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves. -Richard Feynman
Smokin Cuppa

"Yabba Dabba Doo"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2012, 02:50PM »

S***house graffiti tends to be more uplifting than comments sections, be it youtube, fox, msn, or other websites. It seems most comments are ment to be offensive for offensive's sake.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

masaj salonu ankara ankara masaj ankara masaj ankara masaj ankara masaj ankara masaj ankara masaj ankara masaj ankara masaj