Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1097032 Posts in 72563 Topics- by 19541 Members - Latest Member: Zorgnot
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Holton Superbone?  (Read 5280 times)
Matt K

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Feb 09, 2018, 09:48AM »

Surprised it looks like no one has mentioned that Wessex has their own Superbone. How does that stack up to the Holton?

Most of the comments in this thread were created before Wessex was a company. There is more information on them in this thread.

What's in a name? that which we call a tenor-bass posaune
By any other name would smell as sweet;
davdud101
The Kid

"Put yourself in the shoes of the listener."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: Feb 09, 2018, 12:18PM »

Most of the comments in this thread were created before Wessex was a company. There is more information on them in this thread.

Seems a actually to be the opposite, Matt, as the just as many (or more, I think!) of the replies were made in 2018  :D :D

I'll check out that thread though. I haven't looked too much into Holton's original Superbone myself though it's always been an interesting specimen if for nothing other than it being awesomely gimmicky  :-P

Don't practice until you get it right.
Practice until you can't get it wrong.
Euphanasia

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Feb 09, 2018, 12:21PM »

Surprised it looks like no one has mentioned that Wessex has their own Superbone. How does that stack up to the Holton?

Isn't it just a Mendini with different engraving?

I'm intrigued by it, but it looks like the valve cluster is the same one used by Mendini and Cecilio, which raises the question--how did they get the bore through the valves to be .525? Or is there a restriction through the valve section?
Matt K

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Feb 09, 2018, 12:41PM »

Seems a actually to be the opposite, Matt, as the just as many (or more, I think!) of the replies were made in 2018  :D :D

I'll check out that thread though. I haven't looked too much into Holton's original Superbone myself though it's always been an interesting specimen if for nothing other than it being awesomely gimmicky  :-P

hah, okay 57% were at the time of your post  ;-)

To contribute actual content: It's definitely something that I've thought about.  I have so many other things that are on my list of actual needs if I want to be more productive and a sueprbone unfortunately doesn't fit that bill.  I have two king small bore rotors (3bf and 607f) that I was collecting as I see them... my original intention was to put an F attachment on my Shires.  It did occurr to me that I'm 2/3 on the way to having a Bb cluster... as ridiculous as that would be.  But now that I think about it, since its a novelty thing anyway it might be better when I get a few hundred to spare down the road selling one of the rotors and using the rest to buy the superbone since it's at such a low price point. 

What a time to be alive!

What's in a name? that which we call a tenor-bass posaune
By any other name would smell as sweet;
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: