Parke Mouthpieces

(1/4) > >>

KirkL:
I haven't seen much written in here about the Parke Mouthpieces. For those of you who are in search of a new large bore tenor piece you might want to give a Parke-Friedman model a try. I played on a modified Schlike 52E2 for years and then moved to a Laskey 59MD, both are very good pieces and have given me great results. However, since working with Mr. Friedman I wanted to experiment with the Parke piece. The rim diameters of the three mouthpieces are very similar the difference however is in the cup shape. Both the Schlike and the Laskey pieces have a bowl or u- shaped cup and the Parke is more of a V-shape. What I have found in playing the Parke piece is the air flow isn't lost in the bowl of the cup and is focused into and through the shank giving a smoother airflow. This smoothness allows for better attacks and smoother airflow for legato passages.

The Parke Company is very easy to work with and allow you to try their pieces. Dianne Parke is a delight and will certainly answer all your questions. For more information contact: www.parke.net.

Kirk L

Mahlerbone:
I got a call from them last year, and they asked if I wanted to sample the mouthpieces, and if I wanted them I could have them at a discounted price.  I said no, however, because I already had too many mouthpieces at the time anyway.  What really turned me away was the price - they would let me have it for $175 even after the discount.  I think they're about $200 at regular price.  Even counterparts like Greg Black, Doug Elliott, and Christan Griego are a little bit less than that, and I'm happy enough with those.

KirkL:
Jeff,

I don't disagree with your feelings on price, however neither are quality instruments. Value is in performance and playability, no matter the cost. The Parke, in my opinion, is worth the expense. If price is a factor, buy something else that will fit your purpose that's in the price range you have to spend. If it isn't Parke Mouthpieces are worth a try.

Kirk

trombeanbloke:
Quote from: "Mahlerbone"

I got a call from them last year, and they asked if I wanted to sample the mouthpieces, and if I wanted them I could have them at a discounted price.

Wow!!! Are you famous then?
OR do they do telemarketing..... :amazed:

actikid:
Quote from: "KirkL"

The Parke Company is very easy to work with and allow you to try their pieces. Dianne Parke is a delight and will certainly answer all your questions. For more information contact: www.parke.net.

They have an interesting line-up of mouthpieces.  I tried the Freidman, but it wasn't really my cup of tea.  OTOH, I just loved the Alan Kaplan bass trombone mouthpiece.  It lets me play the bass trombone in the upper tenor register almost as securely as with a small bore tenor, and still has an authoritative low register -- albeint one with a commercial "crack" rather than a symphonic "thud".  For me, that is a great choice for playing 4th bone in big band.

Expensive?  Yes, but cheap if it makes a good solution.  

These things are definitely not for everybody, but Parke has a good approval policy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page