Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1088268 Posts in 71901 Topics- by 19302 Members - Latest Member: Westport281
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumTown HallComments and Suggestions(Moderators: rlb, blast, BFW) Classifieds: PLEASE READ
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Classifieds: PLEASE READ  (Read 6832 times)
greg waits
« on: Jul 06, 2012, 08:21AM »

In the interest of uncluttering things in the classifieds area, I would like to ask that anyone who has sold an item PLEASE delete your ad. Not doing so is like throwing a garage sale and not removing the signs once the sale is over.

I was just browsing ads and I noticed a few ads that had been marked "SOLD". I don't get it. If you are going to all the trouble to do that, then why not just delete your ad!

In the course of the past 20 minutes of browsing ads, I deleted at least 4 dead ones

Please people, clean up after yourselves; your moms are lurking around in here to do so. (at least I hope not!)

Thanks
Jerry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2012, 08:26AM »

I tried to delete a post and can't find a way to do it?   
greg waits
« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2012, 08:28AM »

You can always send a message/request to a mod if your attempts aren't successful. I will be glad to do it for you.

Thanks for trying!
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2012, 09:17AM »

Greg, I've got a feeling that members can't edit or delete posts after a certain length of time. However, any of us will be happy to do it.

Christine (red hot - that's what!)
christine.woodcock@gmail.com
In vodka veritas
Bret Steed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2012, 09:28AM »

I agree! I've tried to delete my adds several times, but with no luck at all! If there is a way to delete classified adds, then by all means let me know how to do it!!

Xo 1632
Xo 1236
Xo Brass Artist and Clinician
http://bretsteed.com/
Take a listen to my new album! https://soundcloud.com/bret-steed/sets/bring-it
gbedinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2012, 10:03AM »

Greg, I've got a feeling that members can't edit or delete posts after a certain length of time. However, any of us will be happy to do it.

Yes, they're locked down after so many days.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 06, 2012, 01:12PM »

It's 48 hours.  Up to 48 hours you can edit an ad.  I don't think you can delete one, though.

One of us (usually Alea or myself) goes through periodically to remove ads that are over 2 months old (we want an automatic age deletion in the new Forum software -- OK, Richard?).  Also I will delete ads marked Sold or that have a reply that indicates Sold.

This was supposed to be a temporary option to allow us to quarantine the old Classifieds which was hacked.  I didn't expect it to last this long.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
ParLawGod
The Man Who Doesn't Need a Title

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2012, 01:32PM »

Is it possible to set up the "auto-prune" feature for this forum only (for example, anything older than 30 days can be automatically deleted)?
trombone addict

"Music, fashion, food, espresso"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2012, 03:37PM »

Perhaps it would be helpful to have some moderators dedicated to the classifieds section (at least until the real site gets back up and running)

Just a thought, and I'm sure there will be people willing to help with this. I'd be interested if I was older (I understand the reluctance of letting an adolescent be in charge of some things) the one thing I have is time on my hands....

Shires Rotor .547
Shires Straight .547
Thein Altposaune W3-NY
Elkhart Conn 6H

Spencer Chapman
Boston University
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 06, 2012, 05:38PM »

Is it possible to set up the "auto-prune" feature for this forum only (for example, anything older than 30 days can be automatically deleted)?

Maybe Richard can, but I can't.  I've already looked.  I'd love to have that feature.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
tbone62
"Chief of Stuff"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 07, 2012, 06:12PM »

It is helpful if the original poster can take a few moments and respond to their topic with a simple "Sold" or something like that.   When I see that someone has done that, I usually change the topic header to include "Sold" and leave it for a few days - just in case someone has been thinking about buying it and needs to know it's no longer available - then I delete the whole topic next time I'm going through the ads. 

-- Alea

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life--music and cats."  -- Albert Schweitzer

Alea iacta est...
dj kennedy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 09, 2012, 05:48PM »

HEY  RICHARD  //////WHAT ABOUDIT  ??????????????????????????////////   THE  NEW AND IMPROVED  CLASSIFIEDS

In the interest of uncluttering things in the classifieds area, I would like to ask that anyone who has sold an item PLEASE delete your ad. Not doing so is like throwing a garage sale and not removing the signs once the sale is over.

I was just browsing ads and I noticed a few ads that had been marked "SOLD". I don't get it. If you are going to all the trouble to do that, then why not just delete your ad!

In the course of the past 20 minutes of browsing ads, I deleted at least 4 dead ones

Please people, clean up after yourselves; your moms are lurking around in here to do so. (at least I hope not!)

Thanks

XXXXooOOOOOXXXXXXXXX
LUCKY  LUCKY LUCKY  !!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: