Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1092835 Posts in 72329 Topics- by 19432 Members - Latest Member: joshealejo
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) Predictions for the 3rd Presidential Debate
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Predictions for the 3rd Presidential Debate  (Read 15925 times)
ddickerson

View Profile
« on: Oct 18, 2012, 05:55AM »

Here you go!

This one is about foreign policy and should be interesting since the 2nd debate's memorial moment was regarding Libya. I guess that will make a great starting point.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2012, 05:57AM »

Yeah, Romney's supposed to have his biggest disadvantage for this one, but his disadvantages haven't really panned out all that well so far, so we'll see.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2012, 06:35AM »

Here you go!

This one is about foreign policy and should be interesting since the 2nd debate's memorial moment was regarding Libya. I guess that will make a great starting point.

...so you keeping pounding - in the hope some will take it as fact.
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2012, 06:58AM »

Ummmm....because it is.

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:00AM »

I think that a lot of people have the same reaction as I have described. It's not just me.

Energy City Big Band
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:02AM »

I think that a lot of people have the same reaction as I have described. It's not just me.

True, roughly 15-20%, the TEA Party fringe.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:07AM »

True, roughly 15-20%, the TEA Party fringe.

:) Good shot. :)
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:10AM »

Well, a lot of people "agree" in that they see that as a key moment in the debate, but generally people are interpreting it as a moment to Obama's favor, and I'm guessing you've worked it out so it goes the other way (rather, you accept the rhetoric of those who have worked out the mental gymnastics because it arrives at a "conclusion" that pleases your personal sensibilities--it tickles your rather handicapped ears). In fact it showed that Romney's using American deaths for his own political purposes, and it showed that it's a line Obama won't put up with him, crossing because it dishonors those very Americans, who Obama considers friends. That's the way that little exchange played in the media as well ... at least in the real world. I'm sure that's the case for Faux (et al).

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:14AM »

... at least in the real world.

What in the world would you know about the 'real' world? LOL!

Yesterday, everybody spent all day trying to explain that moment in the debate: meaning candy really screwed the pooch for obama. She thought she was helping when in fact...NOT.

Energy City Big Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:16AM »

In fact, on Tuesday, I bet a lot of you guys are going to start playing the 'blues', so get your licks in order.  :D

Energy City Big Band
ronkny

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:27AM »

Well, a lot of people "agree" in that they see that as a key moment in the debate, but generally people are interpreting it as a moment to Obama's favor, and I'm guessing you've worked it out so it goes the other way (rather, you accept the rhetoric of those who have worked out the mental gymnastics because it arrives at a "conclusion" that pleases your personal sensibilities--it tickles your rather handicapped ears). In fact it showed that Romney's using American deaths for his own political purposes, and it showed that it's a line Obama won't put up with him, crossing because it dishonors those very Americans, who Obama considers friends. That's the way that little exchange played in the media as well ... at least in the real world. I'm sure that's the case for Faux (et al).
"generally people are interpreting it as a moment to Obama's favor"?  Sure. If your an idiot, Kool-Aid drinking, head-in-the-sand, left wing lunatic.  I agree.

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:36AM »

In fact, on Tuesday, I bet a lot of you guys are going to start playing the 'blues', so get your licks in order.  :D

Actually, I am  going to be playing the blues.  And some Handel as well.  My quintet is going to be playing a bunch of it for Christmas and we have a rehearsal on Tuesday.

I'd like to see if Romney does another "etch-a-sketch" moment and swings around.  I mentioned in the last debate thread that his comments about the Chinese weren't going down well in China -- and we need them as a big trading partner.

So we shall see...

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:44AM »

I mentioned in the last debate thread that his comments about the Chinese weren't going down well in China

Well, since they have no vote in our election, even tho' they have contributed heavily to obama's campaign funds, and funds don't count as votes, Mitt is fine.

Energy City Big Band
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:45AM »

Actually, I am  going to be playing the blues.  And some Handel as well.  My quintet is going to be playing a bunch of it for Christmas and we have a rehearsal on Tuesday.

I'd like to see if Romney does another "etch-a-sketch" moment and swings around.  I mentioned in the last debate thread that his comments about the Chinese weren't going down well in China -- and we need them as a big trading partner.

So we shall see...

Obama has his faults.  I think they are called wing-nuts.  But at least I pretty much know who Obama is.  I have no idea who Romney is - today.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:48AM »

Obama has his faults.  I think they are called wing-nuts.  But at least I pretty much know who Obama is.  I have no idea who Romney is - today.

That's because you've been getting all your information about rmoney on this trombone forum. You need to broaden your internet info web sites between your video recordings (I listen to them BTW).

Energy City Big Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Oct 18, 2012, 08:30AM »

Well, since they have no vote in our election, even tho' they have contributed heavily to obama's campaign funds, and funds don't count as votes, Mitt is fine.

Will you still be singing the same tune if they decide to retaliate against Romney by cutting off supply lines?  How you gonna do your networking with no cable, no interface boxes, and no computers?

Bruce Guttman
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Oct 18, 2012, 08:33AM »

That's because you've been getting all your information about rmoney on this trombone forum. You need to broaden your internet info web sites between your video recordings (I listen to them BTW).

One thing I have noticed about you is that you make assumptions and present them as facts.  You don't know where I get my news.

So YOU'RE the one! Lol.  If you have any suggestions for improvements I can make, please let me know - either on one of those posts or a PM.  Thanks.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 18, 2012, 08:37AM »

Will you still be singing the same tune if they decide to retaliate against Romney by cutting off supply lines?  How you gonna do your networking with no cable, no interface boxes, and no computers?

Hey, first thing we can do is re-open Campaq here in Houston! Man, would that be great. Everytime I went to their campus, they always had the greatest looking babes I ever seen in one building. 

Bring it on!

Energy City Big Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 18, 2012, 08:40AM »

One thing I have noticed about you is that you make assumptions and present them as facts.

I probably learned that behavior from my fellow trombonites here.  Don't know

Energy City Big Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Oct 18, 2012, 08:43AM »

Hey, first thing we can do is re-open Campaq here in Houston! Man, would that be great. Everytime I went to their campus, they always had the greatest looking babes I ever seen in one building. 

Bring it on!

How is Compaq going to build any computers with no components? Evil

Bruce Guttman
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: