Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1092621 Posts in 72303 Topics- by 19426 Members - Latest Member: BassBoneGatz
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) Predictions for the 3rd Presidential Debate
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Predictions for the 3rd Presidential Debate  (Read 15894 times)
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Oct 19, 2012, 07:52PM »

where  inDEED  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=====
  IF  NOT
4  NINCOMPOOPS
   AND  DUMMIES  
OH  MOURN        4  stoopidos  
  cry     heavy  tears  
 and wring hands  
   thy  ears  cleansed  of  hurtful  slang
and  non  logical  thought
   -------------
 alas  poor  wrong key  
   we  knew him  well

twisted and tormented   by  deep  sociopathological  leanings
  turning upon himself  
like  flesh eating amoeba
  -----------
smells  like sulphur  
  i  am not  a  crook
i did  not have sex w  that  girl
    and  other famous  quotes
--------
   WHERE  GOETH  THE   WIND  
WHERE  GOETH  THE PASSING OF  GAS
  LOOK  
           LOOK
                      LOOK
-----
  itsa  cloud
      itsa    drop
          itsa       puke

Yeahhhhhhhh.  What DJ said.  Oh, I'm a "square". What do I know, right Deej? Lol
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Oct 19, 2012, 07:58PM »

The usual source of the actual problem is that, probably due to the anonymity of the Interwebs, some people think insults to others' intelligence in the form of blatant and very often completely infantile nonsense that they almost certainly wouldn't attempt in person, should get a pass, or maybe their egos just can't handle being called on it when the do make such an attempt. That's how it seems to start 99% or so of the time, anyway.

So Greg, you weren't obliged by propriety to apologize, it's just that the actual initial offense may have been stealthy. You took a shot just as much if by an assailant who quickly disappeared as if he'd stood there to claim responsibility. Such is the nature of aggressive, and particularly selective (dishonest), vapidity.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Oct 19, 2012, 08:01PM »

The usual source of the actual problem is that, probably due to the anonymity of the Interwebs, some people think insults to others' intelligence in the form of blatant and very often completely infantile nonsense that they almost certainly wouldn't attempt in person, should get a pass, or maybe their egos just can't handle being called on it when the do make such an attempt. That's how it seems to start 99% or so of the time, anyway.

So Greg, you weren't obliged by propriety to apologize, it's just that the actual initial offense may have been stealthy. You took a shot just as much if by an assailant who quickly disappeared as if he'd stood there to claim responsibility. Such is the nature of aggressive, and particularly selective (dishonest), vapidity.

So, Ronk was the lone gunman on a grassy knoll?  I don't think so... :) :) :)
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Oct 19, 2012, 08:08PM »

So, Ronk was the lone gunman on a grassy knoll?  I don't think so... :) :) :)

We are making Ronk out to be our Poster Boy for being bad.  Point is, lots of us are guilty - by degree.  Let's fess up.  Who among us is perfect in that regard?  Maybe Ronk took it to the nth, but if we are all being honest, who of us laid the subtle stepping stones?  FREE RONK!  FREE RONK!
tbone62
"Chief of Stuff"

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Oct 19, 2012, 08:25PM »

If others violate the TOU they may also be suspended or banned.

Now can we please make an effort to get back to the original topic?   

-- Alea

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life--music and cats."  -- Albert Schweitzer

Alea iacta est...
dj kennedy

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Oct 19, 2012, 08:28PM »

well  i  think  everyone   would benefit   by  watching a few  utubes    of

RANDY  ''MACHO MAN''  SAVAGE  

OH  YEAH  
--------------------
  of  course  his ego
   is  only  matched  
    or  perhaps  
     surpassed  
        by
   sculptors
--------------------

XXXXooOOOOOXXXXXXXXX
LUCKY  LUCKY LUCKY  !!!!!!!!!!
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Oct 19, 2012, 08:48PM »

Now can we please make an effort to get back to the original topic?   

What is your prediction, then? 

My prediction is that Obama will lose - intentionally.  Why?  He doesn't want to be President again.  Been there, done that.  He wants to make money and have a chance to succeed Jimmy & Billy in becoming THE best X-Pres we have ever had - who are still alive.  What is his competition in that regard, other than the aforementioned?  W?  H?

The big question is: how can he lose - intentionally - without it seeming so?  How can he mastermind defeat, with honor?  How can he do that AND not have a "failed presidency as a black President"? 

Look.  Obama has a place in the history books.  That can never be un-done.  Let another minority candidate take it further, if they can.  Now show me that money.  That's how I would see it if I was him.

Oh, and bring back Ronk. :) :) :)
dj kennedy

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Oct 19, 2012, 09:54PM »

predict
romney  --looks  like ww3  -us empireagainst the world
------
 immigration policy -----smoke and furious
-------
   trade policy -china bashing
--------
 latin america  --yankee  go home
----------
  africa  --can see it from alaska
-------

XXXXooOOOOOXXXXXXXXX
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: Oct 20, 2012, 03:57AM »

Seriuosly, some of the Child Boards - by nature of their content SHOULD allow for a lot more leeway. I have never seen Ronk make any kind of a rude comment on the Parent Boards. Everyone gets it that content on those boards must remain civil. Not so clear on these minor boards. Let the boys & girls have a board where they can play harder.

There is a great deal of leeway allowed in this particular section, but even here, there ARE limits. It is still part of TTF and members should bear this in mind when posting. Thanks.

Christine (red hot - that's what!)
christine.woodcock@gmail.com
In vodka veritas
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Oct 20, 2012, 05:27AM »

There is a great deal of leeway allowed in this particular section, but even here, there ARE limits. It is still part of TTF and members should bear this in mind when posting. Thanks.

Thanks for the response.  I believe we all take the main board very seriously because that is who we are.  I personally see the child boards as entertainment only.  It occurred to me that a child board could be set up for more of a no-holds-barred format.  However, I think you're mentioning that, "It is still part of TTF..." is important and bears repeating.  There are lots of no-holds-barred forums on a wide range of topics - including politics - out there.  TTF should be above that, on all of it's boards.  That said, it's still nice to have a little wiggle room on some of the child boards.  But name-calling - in all it's forms, to include intellectual belittling - should stop.  Let's ALL take a higher road from now on and I say this being just as guilty as anyone.
dj kennedy

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: Oct 20, 2012, 05:30AM »

high road  --politics  --that would be  something new

XXXXooOOOOOXXXXXXXXX
djdekok

"Monsters Eat Whiny Children"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: Oct 20, 2012, 05:33AM »

People mustn't mistake the political threads for mutual admiration societies, or the front yards of our youth where we built snow forts and stowed Buddy-size stashes of snowballs (Elf reference) to lob like so many grenades at unsuspecting passers-by, acting surprised when someone actually has the temerity (and the arm strength) to return fire.

Oh, and predictions?  The POTUS will fail to convince voters that he's been effective in the area of foreign policy, Bin Laden or no Bin Laden.

Daniel De Kok
Associate Principal, Southeastern Pennsylvania Symphony Orchestra
B.M. Michigan
M.M. Western Michigan
M.S.L.S. Clarion
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Oct 20, 2012, 05:46AM »

Disagreements are fine.  I don't think I will ever match up politically with ronkny, DDickerson, or djdekok.  But that doesn't mean I have to insult or belittle them.  If I want to be peevish I might use a less serious name for them, but I do respect their opinions.  And to some extent most of them respect mine.

The problem is when the disagreement degenerates into name calling without any argument.

Example:

"Obama is going to win"

Good response: "No he's not; Romney is smarter"
Bad response" "You are an idiot"

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Oct 20, 2012, 06:19AM »

Do you think that deep down inside, Obama really wants another 4 years? He's already in the history books as our first minority Pres. I personally think that he would now prefer the money which seems to go with being an X-Pres.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Oct 20, 2012, 07:20AM »

In 1936 things weren't looking that good either.  Still, Roosevelt ran for a second term and won.

I think Obama would be a happier camper if:

1.  The TEA Party representatives elected in 2010 lost their seats to moderate Democrats.
2.  The Democrats regained the supermajority in the Senate, or got rules that eliminated the "casual filibuster".
3.  Grover Norquist dies.

All of these might force the Republicans to try to work with him instead of against him.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Oct 20, 2012, 07:26AM »

In 1936 things weren't looking that good either.  Still, Roosevelt ran for a second term and won.

I think Obama would be a happier camper if:

1.  The TEA Party representatives elected in 2010 lost their seats to moderate Democrats.
2.  The Democrats regained the supermajority in the Senate, or got rules that eliminated the "casual filibuster".
3.  Grover Norquist dies.

All of these might force the Republicans to try to work with him instead of against him.

I think that while you're at it, he needs a democrat majority in the house too. The only way the dems can get anything done is to have control over the entire government, tyranical power, so to speak. They don't listen to what the people want because they think they know best. :)

Heck, while you're at it, make it illegal to be a conservative. Only liberal repubs are allowed.  Evil

There! Now can we get back to work?

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Oct 20, 2012, 08:15AM »

I think that while you're at it, he needs a democrat majority in the house too. The only way the dems can get anything done is to have control over the entire government, tyranical power, so to speak. They don't listen to what the people want because they think they know best. :)

Heck, while you're at it, make it illegal to be a conservative. Only liberal repubs are allowed.  Evil

There! Now can we get back to work?

That doesn't sound like good democracy in action to me. How's about both parties get on the same page and work together? Would you like to see that, instead? I sure would. I don't believe I just said, "how's". :)
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Oct 20, 2012, 08:36AM »

I think that while you're at it, he needs a democrat majority in the house too. The only way the dems can get anything done is to have control over the entire government ...

You were basically right up to that point, and then you veered off course, and then you completely lost it and went over the persecution complex cliff.

The reason Obama hasn't been able to get anything, as everyone knows (even most of those who deny it), is that the foundation of the GOP platform has been impeding, blocking, resisting, and in any and every way hampering him from anything and everything he proposes, even if they proposed the same exact thing yesterday. When we let adults behave this way it's not good. When we let adults who make decisions for all of us that can be disastrous. Unfortunately in US society very few seem to be encouraged in the slightest to think like adults, particularly on the right wing (denial of ambiguity and uncertainty, easy answers, conformity, comfort/affirmation supporting the denial). GOP adults need to get their nursery in order, and then we should have more than enough to return to the social climate in which the infants have minimal influence. As-is we have too few adults to get this process in motion, though many on the right and middle seem to be recognizing this, finally, and adjusting. The Wingnut death grip on the GOP and the resulting gridlock looks like it's finally starting to grind down, or it may have been for a while now, but we're now seeing the flare-up of histrionics you get when a less than completely rational social movement gets the smack down--very much like the tantrum a child throws when he knows he's just not getting his way.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
greg waits
« Reply #98 on: Oct 20, 2012, 08:40AM »

I agree 100%. If we don't draw the line somewhere, it is chaos in here. I am afraid that behavior such as Ronk consistently exhibited chased people off.

If some find such behavior charming, I am afraid you are in the minority.

I don't tolerate jerks as easily now as I did in the past. And he was a jerk.
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Oct 20, 2012, 09:03AM »

I agree 100%. If we don't draw the line somewhere, it is chaos in here. I am afraid that behavior such as Ronk consistently exhibited chased people off.

If some find such behavior charming, I am afraid you are in the minority.

I don't tolerate jerks as easily now as I did in the past. And he was a jerk.

Oh. Ok. Let's pick at the scab again see if we can make it bleed. If it bleeds, we can kill it. I thought we already did.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: