Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1092621 Posts in 72303 Topics- by 19426 Members - Latest Member: BassBoneGatz
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) Predictions for the 3rd Presidential Debate
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Predictions for the 3rd Presidential Debate  (Read 15892 times)
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: Oct 21, 2012, 06:13PM »

Can we please  get back to discussing the debate?  I'm tired of the back and forth over the use of the ethnic slur.  Let's drop it and go on.  Please!

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Stretch Longarm
old enough to know better

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: Oct 21, 2012, 06:23PM »

Byron, you can call it "tattling" or "snitching" if you want, but when the topic degrades from conversation, to histrionics, to downright abusive, slanderous outlashing, it's in nobody's best interest. Even in this part of the forum.

So I called on a Mod. Sue me. If you think you can reason an apology, or a relaxing of Ronkny's attitude, go for it (although historically, you are one person who continually excites him, right or wrong - and you know that you yank his chain as much as he yanks everyone else's. Children, all of you.

I'm going to go practice.

trombone airflow is 360 degrees. Think about it.
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: Oct 21, 2012, 06:56PM »

Byron, you can call it "tattling" or "snitching" if you want, but when the topic degrades from conversation, to histrionics, to downright abusive, slanderous outlashing, it's in nobody's best interest. Even in this part of the forum.

So I called on a Mod. Sue me. If you think you can reason an apology, or a relaxing of Ronkny's attitude, go for it (although historically, you are one person who continually excites him, right or wrong - and you know that you yank his chain as much as he yanks everyone else's. Children, all of you.

I'm going to go practice.

Jeezus H, why do people have such trouble paying attention to what the frack is going on ...

Who wrote what?

Who raised the issue?

I didn't.

I wouldn't have.

Not a big deal to me.

Now please, carry on with the actual topic of discussion, eh?

Damn!

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: Oct 21, 2012, 06:58PM »

I predict no change in the hard-core viewpoints.
Titus62

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Oct 21, 2012, 09:29PM »

Can we please  get back to discussing the debate?  I'm tired of the back and forth over the use of the ethnic slur.  Let's drop it and go on.  Please!

I just returned to the site after a few hours, and man, what a torrent of verbosity has appeared since I left.

Baronbone, Pianoman and Geezer have been so wrapped up in expounding on their moral and intellectual superiority that they completely lost track of the original thread!  Not to worry; this behavior is harmless, and completely consistent with that of your usual leftwing zealot.

These people become so full of themselves that their liberalism becomes a religion...and a fanatical religion at that.  These unfortunates are almost always beyond help, and are best left to themselves to muddle through reality as best they can.
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: Oct 21, 2012, 09:59PM »

I just returned to the site after a few hours, and man, what a torrent of verbosity has appeared since I left.

Baronbone, Pianoman and Geezer have been so wrapped up in expounding on their moral and intellectual superiority that they completely lost track of the original thread!  Not to worry; this behavior is harmless, and completely consistent with that of your usual leftwing zealot.

These people become so full of themselves that their liberalism becomes a religion...and a fanatical religion at that.  These unfortunates are almost always beyond help, and are best left to themselves to muddle through reality as best they can.

I quoted your entire post and responded to it, and now you're saying I'm off-topic.

Nice try.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: Oct 22, 2012, 01:18AM »

Thank goodness the debate is tonight and we can finally shut down this benighted topic!!!! Mad

Christine (red hot - that's what!)
christine.woodcock@gmail.com
In vodka veritas
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: Oct 22, 2012, 04:15AM »

Thank goodness the debate is tonight and we can finally shut down this benighted topic!!!! Mad

Or pseudo-topic, rather ...

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: Oct 22, 2012, 04:16AM »

Don't be angry. Don't lash out at your confusion.

Find a local adult literacy program.

The ALA offers them all over the country.

Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: Oct 22, 2012, 05:06AM »

I take this as one of the best compliments I have ever received on this Forum!  Thank you!  To be compared in the same company as the Piano Man and The Baron is a high honor that I will try to live up to!  I am not worthy. :)

RHM; we're just gettin' wahmed up. :)
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: Oct 22, 2012, 05:30AM »

Now here's what I'd really like to see:

From the strip "Non Sequitur" by Wiley Miller

Bruce Guttman
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: Oct 22, 2012, 05:32AM »

Yes!  Or have them both sitting in dunk tanks!
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: Oct 22, 2012, 05:52AM »

Then we can start a 'What did you think of the 3rd debate?" topic.  :)

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: Oct 22, 2012, 05:57AM »

Then we can start a 'What did you think of the 3rd debate?" topic.  :)

Nice!

Good!

Nice one on you too, Bruce!

Helluvanidear!

Another way to do it ... Terry Tate: Debate Moderator! (here's a preview for those who aren't familiar with the classic: Terry Tate: Office Linebacker)

Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: Oct 22, 2012, 06:37AM »

Children,

Here is a source for political opinion we can all sink our teeth into. :)

http://stumpyscorner.blogspot.com
greg waits
« Reply #195 on: Oct 22, 2012, 09:38AM »

Ethnic slur? What ethnic slur? I know ethnic slurs, and that ain't one.  How about "towel head?"  Would that be better?   Idea!

Ask any military personnel returning from the Middle East what they call them.  The appellation "rag head" for the indigenous people of that region is considered proper and polite by those people.

"Rag head" is clearly an ethnic slur. Obviously you are so insensitive that it could never occur to you that it would be offensive to someone.

Your statement that such a foul reference is considered proper and polite by "those people" is laughable if it weren't so scurrilous.

And btw, "those people" makes you sound a lot like Mrs Romney. Oh wait, you are a right winger. Now the racial insensitivity makes complete sense.

And yes, it is a violation of TOU.
SensitiveJohn

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: Oct 22, 2012, 09:43AM »

Every time that Slick Willard tells a lie, you have to drink.  And, every time Obama fails to challenge those lies, you have to drink again.  I expect to be butt wasted by the end of the debate.
Geezerhorn

"Lego My Trombone"

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: Oct 22, 2012, 10:06AM »

Every time that Slick Willard tells a lie, you have to drink.  And, every time Obama fails to challenge those lies, you have to drink again.  I expect to be butt wasted by the end of the debate.

C'mon over! :-)
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: Oct 22, 2012, 10:25AM »

I bought the "official" version, which was of course more of a campaign contribution than anything (I felt compelled to make another donation after the first debate).

BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: Oct 22, 2012, 10:43AM »

I would expect you to be wasted after the 1st 15 minutes. Evil

Do you have enough stuff to drink that much?

Bruce Guttman
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: