Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1086890 Posts in 71947 Topics- by 19229 Members - Latest Member: Alfred
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Make me laugh.  (Read 37954 times)
EWadie99
The Curious One

"Bass Trombone! It's like a musical bazooka!"

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Jun 30, 2017, 03:02AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIlNIVXpIns

Ethan Wadie
Adlai E. Stevenson High School
Adlai E. Stevenson High School Titan Marching Band
Adlai E. Stevenson High School Jazz Ensemble
Adlai E. Stevenson High School Wind Ensemble
Bones:
Besson BE 639
Getzen 1062FD
gregs70

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Jun 30, 2017, 06:56AM »

Know Your Tools!

SKILLSAW: A portable cutting tool used to make boards too short.

BELT SANDER: An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs.

WIRE WHEEL: Cleans paint off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingerprints and hard-earned calluses from fingers in about the time it takes you to say, ‘Oh ****’. Will easily wind a tee shirt off your back.

DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, denting the freshly-painted project which you had carefully set in the corner where nothing could get to it.

CHANNEL LOCKS: Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

HACK SAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

VISE GRIPS: Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads. If nothing else is available, they can also be used to transfer intense welding heat to the palm of your hand.

OXYACETYLENE TORCH: Used almost entirely for igniting various flammable objects in your shop and creating a fire. Also handy for igniting the grease inside the wheel hub out of which you want to remove a bearing race.

TABLE SAW: A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles for testing wall integrity. Very effective for digit removal!!

HYDRAULIC FLOOR JACK: Used for lowering an automobile to the ground after you have installed your new brake shoes, trapping the jack handle firmly under the bumper.

BAND SAW: A large stationary power saw primarily used by most shops to cut large pieces into smaller pieces that more easily fit into the trash after you cut on the inside of the line instead of the outside edge. Also excels at amputations.

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of all the crap you forgot to disconnect.

PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER: Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids or for opening old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Phillips screw heads.

STRAIGHT SCREWDRIVER: A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws and butchering your palms.

PRY BAR: A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

PVC PIPE CUTTER: A tool used to make plastic pipe too short.

HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the object we are trying to hit. Also very effective at fingernail removal.

UTILITY KNIFE: Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door. Works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund checks, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially useful for slicing work clothes, but only while in use. These can also be used to initiate a trip to the emergency room so a doctor can sew up the damage.

SON OF A ***** TOOL: Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling ‘Son of a *****’ at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need.

I'm not a total idiot - there are still a few pieces missing!

King 3B-F, King 4B-F, Holton TR-180
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Jun 30, 2017, 08:41PM »

One of these is not like the othears...

(Boxers of various nations at the 1932 Olympics)
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2017, 07:19PM by robcat2075 » Logged

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
harrison.t.reed

"Spartan Brass Band!"

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Jul 01, 2017, 05:06AM »

One of these is not like the others...

(Boxers of various nations at the 1932 Olympics)

The guy in the lower right is wearing Nike Airmaxes from the late 90's.

"My technique is as good as Initial D"
T-396A - Griego 1C
88HTCL - Griego 1C
36H - DE XT105, C+, D Alto Shank
3B/F Silversonic - Griego 1A ss
pBone (with Yellow bell for bright tone)
harrison.t.reed

"Spartan Brass Band!"

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: Jul 01, 2017, 05:17AM »

And speaking of time travellers :

"My technique is as good as Initial D"
T-396A - Griego 1C
88HTCL - Griego 1C
36H - DE XT105, C+, D Alto Shank
3B/F Silversonic - Griego 1A ss
pBone (with Yellow bell for bright tone)
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Jul 02, 2017, 07:19PM »

When your friend isn't into your tunes...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CEQuDyuQFKE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/CEQuDyuQFKE</a>

https://youtu.be/CEQuDyuQFKE

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: Jul 02, 2017, 07:38PM »

MY wife asked me to hand her the Chapstick. I accidentally handed her a glue stick.

She hasn't spoken to me in days.
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: Jul 17, 2017, 04:18PM »

My wife asked me to hand her the Chap Stick but I accidentally handed her the Gorilla Glue instead.

She hasn't spoken to me in weeks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: