Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1072883 Posts in 71160 Topics- by 18856 Members - Latest Member: super
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The most recommended trombone techs  (Read 43753 times)
ssking2b

"Trombone - the final frontier..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: Apr 05, 2017, 05:27AM »

I want to point out that the slide doctor, Ray Splawn, takes in the slides from all over the country, if not the world. Anyone can ship him a slide and expect to get it back better than it ever was new. I have been using their service since Dr. Upchurch, the original slide doctor, started it many years ago. My advice is to call first and find out what kind of schedule they are on so that you can get your slide out and back in a timely fashion . The slide doctor can also sell you for a very reasonable price a wooden and the foam case to ship your slide in. It's worth twice the money and is very well protected.

If you can afford the one to five weeks it will take to get your slides done by the slide doctor, do it! It's the best I have ever run across in my 40 years as a professional player. You will know the exact cost going into it and coming out of it . They have a guarantee: if it's not right, or done to the level of your satisfaction as they said it would be, you don't have to pay for the work. They've never had anyone not pay...it's always that good.

Visit my web site at http://www.pjonestrombone.com 

XO Brass Artist Philip Jones
bonearzt

"UTEP Alumni/Legend in my own mind!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: Apr 05, 2017, 05:56AM »

Just got my Kanstul 1570 slide back from Eric Edwards, and he did a phenomenal job, both structurally and cosmetically. Turn around time was good, and he was able to source the kanstul slide tube. He was great to work with, and I would highly recommend him to anyone. I'm in NJ, and shipped my slide out to him to be fixed.

Thank you David!!!

Eric

Eric, Leandra, Sara, Jared & Lily
Edwards
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price has faded!"
"If you're doing something a certain way ONLY because it's always been done that way,  you're probably doing it wrong!"
ckingfournier

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Apr 05, 2017, 06:03AM »

Minneapolis/St. Paul area: Eric Peterson.

Hands down the best repair tech I've worked with, been going to him for over a decade. Absolute genius, super nice guy, and very reasonably priced.

I had him build my Bach Corp. 42 project (thayer install, new slide outer tubes, custom tuning slide/leadpipe, new slide end crook) and it was phenomenal. He's also gotten me out of a bind with lots of last minute work before.

@ckingfournier on Instagram.
salsabone

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Apr 09, 2017, 05:49PM »

What techs would you recommend in the Philly, Del county, northern Del area.  I am specifically looking for those techs that can handle rotor servicing and repair and fixing solder joints on a horn.  Thanks,
Kevin

Go for the The Topper you wimps!!!
Rich C

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: Apr 09, 2017, 06:00PM »

Kevin,  Marc at Accent Music does a decent job.  He works out of their store on Kirkwood Highwy.
Larry Preston Roberson

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Apr 09, 2017, 09:43PM »

I want to point out that the slide doctor, Ray Splawn, takes in the slides from all over the country, if not the world. Anyone can ship him a slide and expect to get it back better than it ever was new. I have been using their service since Dr. Upchurch, the original slide doctor, started it many years ago. My advice is to call first and find out what kind of schedule they are on so that you can get your slide out and back in a timely fashion . The slide doctor can also sell you for a very reasonable price a wooden and the foam case to ship your slide in. It's worth twice the money and is very well protected.

If you can afford the one to five weeks it will take to get your slides done by the slide doctor, do it! It's the best I have ever run across in my 40 years as a professional player. You will know the exact cost going into it and coming out of it . They have a guarantee: if it's not right, or done to the level of your satisfaction as they said it would be, you don't have to pay for the work. They've never had anyone not pay...it's always that good.

+1 for the Slide Doctor

The Slide Doctor (Ray Splawn)can resurrect almost any slide. It's his specialty. I took a Bach 42 slide in that two other techs basically took a pass on. One quoted a minimum of $300 (if he could manage to save one inner tube) and the other said I should look for a another slide. They both have about 30 years experience a piece. They're both knowledgeable and highly recommended, but didn't think it could be done. Ray did it, saving the original parts, for his basic "setup" ($145) price.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: