Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1083568 Posts in 71818 Topics- by 19123 Members - Latest Member: AU Tico
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-Chat(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) SOMEBODY BLEW UP MY TOWN!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SOMEBODY BLEW UP MY TOWN!  (Read 35032 times)
« on: Sep 11, 2001, 09:11AM »

I am sad, shocked, and worried.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2001, 09:12AM »

quote:
Originally posted by early anderson:
I am sad, shocked, and worried.

Marco! If you see this give me a call, I can't get through.
Early
Nils

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2001, 09:18AM »

I am sorry for you guys by heart!
Why do these torrorists always kill people that are innocent...
Patrick Bates

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2001, 10:22PM »

Early, Please put a post on the list. They're looking for a headcount from NYC. My condolences. I am shocked and saddened.

Last Bone
« Reply #4 on: Sep 11, 2001, 10:57PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick Bates:
Early, Please put a post on the list. They're looking for a headcount from NYC. My condolences. I am shocked and saddened.

My family, so far, are all ok.  My people are spread out all over the area, but none were in the WTC-lower manhattan.
Where are Marco, Irvin, Sam?
Marco and I had a rehearsal last night, in the Bronx and are supposed to have a gig at the South Street Seaport which is right next door to the WTC locations so, I assume, will be cancelled, though I have heard nothing from anybody in the band, yet.
Anybody know about the Kim De Los Santos band and Kim himself?
I sure hope they are all ok...
Man, I just cant believe it--the WTC towers are GONE.
They were big huge tall towers of 110 stories each and we all loved looking at them when we would look at our skyline.
I feel lucky, in a way, that the Empire State Building wasnt chosen, so  far.

Man, how many dozens of folks do I know who work there?
I got a friend of mine, who plays the bone, named Mitch Ross who drives a limo for a day gig who is always picking up people there and taking tthem to the air port --
jad91276

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 11, 2001, 11:02AM »

My thoughts and prayers are going out to all of you in New York City...I am heartbroken beyond belief

Bass Trombone, Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2001, 11:09AM »

Early,

I can't express how shocked and sorry I am. My heartfelt best wishes to you and all your fellow NYC residents.

Christine

Christine (red hot - that's what!)
christine.woodcock@gmail.com
In vodka veritas
« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2001, 11:30AM »

quote:
Originally posted by RedHotMama:
Early,

I can't express how shocked and sorry I am. My heartfelt best wishes to you and all your fellow NYC residents.

Christine

Thank you and Jad and everybody for your condolences.
Just one little vignette--this AM, my wife, was just about to leave to drive to work in Brooklyn, I saw the first explosion on the tube and told her to wait a minute and then even more started happening.
She drives, every day, directly by the WTC towers.  I told to stay home because this first one looked bad and so she decided.  She is home and did NOT drive by the towers, for this, I am grateful.  It could have had grave consequences otherwize.
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2001, 11:41AM »

Early,

It may be just a little vignette, but I'm so pleased that you were both home, and together, and safe.

Christine

Christine (red hot - that's what!)
christine.woodcock@gmail.com
In vodka veritas
« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2001, 11:50AM »

I am sad, shocked, and worried
--------------------------------

Early,
I am also appalled. Its such a travesity.
I spoke to Wayne this am and he is just fine.
How is Marco ?
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2001, 12:01PM »

quote:
Originally posted by iknytrombonist:

Early,
How is Marco ?

Irvin--the phones are all down due to overload.  Fred and Sean and their bro are all ok. Sean here Fred at work (in NJ)--my grandson and daughter (in law) ok.
Marco I cant get in touch with--he works in Manhattan and they didnt know where he is and no answer at home,  I did get an answereing machine and left a message.
I have every hope he is fine and just not able to contact anybody, for now.  I am glad about Wayne and You.
What a mess.
« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2001, 12:15PM »

****  THAT BUSH!!!! HE SHOWS NO REMORSE!!! If anyone is a sailor pls.. find out if my brother is there... pls!!!
dalelad

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2001, 12:21PM »

my prayers to all of you in affected areas of the tragedies.
dj kennedy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2001, 12:29PM »

i am  glad you  guys are ok out there we have a friend  who just moved back to the island
--well it has been  nice enjoying the
peace  and prosperity  --i  hope that the mood   will not turn to other  thoughts --
the christian talk radio stations  so far
are not  turning into    fanatics  --
 i worked on a kibbutz  near nazareth and also had friends  among the indigenous people
 and these events  cry out for  a greater  emphasis  on world leadership  --not  narrow
 nationalistic  and  self centered  interests
americahas  until now  been  protected  by its physical isolation  from the suffering
and for the most part  free from  racial cleansing  and final solutions  --
 that the perpetrators  of this coordinated
act  of  war  an  act of  hatred  malice
and dementia --
and of course   in the streets  of  some places  rejoicing  and not  tears is the response
 thankfully  we have our trombones  and not terrorism  foremost  in our  minds  
 i am appaled  and  deeply saddened by this
and what  is  likely to come  ............

XXXXooOOOOOXXXXXXXXX
LUCKY  LUCKY LUCKY  !!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: Sep 11, 2001, 12:39PM »

quote:
Originally posted by iknytrombonist:

Early,
How is Marco ?

Marco just called in and is fine--though he worries about some of his family who live near the WTC...
Patrick Bates

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sep 11, 2001, 01:06PM »

Sam has posted on the list. He's ok, but is trying to get a head count on new york list members.

Last Bone
laxgoalie33

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sep 11, 2001, 01:21PM »

sorry to take a downer look on this, and you will all probably get pissed at me and tell me to go screw myself......

but this is one helluva nicely setup plan.  The timing, the confusion, the choas, the suprise..... I have to give these terrorists a little credit 'cause not only was it planned out well, but just pulled off amazingly!!!

keep in mind I'm just a college student off in a little town (yeah, I conside Madison small unlike everyone else in WI) in mid-west america w/ no friends or families in any of the areas affected and none of the planes affected by this.  I've still had class and will have marching practice and concert practice tonight. So really I haven't been affected by this....

my condolences to anyone who has lost somebody due to this tragedy.  

Something like this makes you wonder....what goes through the heads of journalists and people who work at TV, Radio news stations and newspapers?  Are they really sad about it.... think about what this does for them!

Something interesting about this....is that yesterday in the "Badger Herald" (one of the student run newspapers on campus) there was an editoral article from a student who spent this past summer abroad in the Middle East.  He talked about how everyone in the US told him to be careful and how horribly everyone in the Mid East would treat him. Then he went into his experience and how everyone in the Mid East was so nice to him and he didn't have any trouble at all.

-Tom G.
colin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: Sep 11, 2001, 01:42PM »

For what it is worth, I would like to add my condolences to anyone who lost someone in this terrible disaster. It seems bizarre like some over the top film except for the thousands of REAL people killed or injured. I cannot begin to imagine what those poor people went through deciding whether to burn or jump from the sky-scraper. I cannot make sense of it. God bless you all.
Luca Arora

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sep 11, 2001, 02:28PM »

I cannot say enough to say everything I feel. I just know I should stay down here in Cape Girardeau and not go home to Arnold. (Which is bsically part of St. Louis.)  That is because St. Louis is #3 on the hit list of cities to bomb and/or attack.  For quite obvious reasons.  Major coporations suck as Boeing and Monsanto not to mention many of the main federal headquaters of many offices and even other corporations.

I just am still in complete shock and still will be for quite awhile from now.

"...I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops,points up and gasps, "Oh look at that" Then-whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again...and they won't be able to forget me. Ever."
blast

"Bass/Contrabass trombone, Scottish Opera."

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sep 11, 2001, 02:58PM »

A day of shock and disbelief.As I watched events unfold it was impossible to grasp the scale of the tragedy.I mailed some New Yorkers on the list,and am so glad to hear they are ok.The posts show the real story-thousands of people looking for each other in this mess.Personal nightmares;world nightmares.New York and the whole of America will be in the thoughts and prayers of all decent people in the world tonight.
Chris Stearn

Still cannot think of anything better to do. Back on an old 1 1/2G again !
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: