Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1083574 Posts in 71818 Topics- by 19123 Members - Latest Member: AU Tico
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-Chat(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) SOMEBODY BLEW UP MY TOWN!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SOMEBODY BLEW UP MY TOWN!  (Read 35034 times)
Anthony

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sep 11, 2001, 03:36PM »

Firstly my sincere condolences to anyone affected by this... but what I struggle to understand, is how terrorists think they can make a point by doing something like this.  All it does is alienate them more.  Here in England there has been substantial coverage, and my horror when I saw the pictures of people jumping from the 100th and odd floor is indescribable... nobody deserves that, I would not inflict it on anyone.

I just hope this is the end of it, and there is no more.  I also hope that while vigilance is maintained... people do not become paranoid, as hard as it may be because all that is doing is creating a reason for terrorists to do this.  

They are sick and twisted.  There really is evil in this world, there is no better example.

Anthony
dj kennedy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sep 11, 2001, 05:24PM »

people here  are donating blood
and  buying  gasoline

XXXXooOOOOOXXXXXXXXX
LUCKY  LUCKY LUCKY  !!!!!!!!!!
laxgoalie33

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sep 11, 2001, 05:29PM »

the end of it?
you don't just get surprised attacked on your nations capitol and most important city and then let it go and call it the end of it.

yeah, I'm sure the conversation between Bush and the Palastinian government will go like this
"You're terriorists got us good this time. just as long as its the end of it we won't retalliate. "
rrrriiiiggggghhhhtttttttt.......

sick and twisted? well...yeah, i guess in a way they are. But think of the reason that they are. Think of the life style in a 3rd world country compared to the richest, most powerful country in the world.  There is obvious reason for them doing this. I know in most of your minds you can't comprehend why they would do this or the fact that thoughts of it would cross their mind. Even I can't in full.... but you have to get out of your lifestyle and forget everything you've experienced and look at it from their lifestyle and experiences.
Think of all the crap everyone in the world has put them through. The way we all look down upon them, and have those gay commercials about sending $5 bucks a month to save a Mid Eastern child.  

This event to the Palastinians, is like Custard's last stand was to the Indians. Yeah, it was a good hurtful blow, but it is going to be all for nothing in the long run.

Anthony.....it must be nice to live with the notion that everything is either good or evil.  Alot of times I wish I could have a very simple, easy to understand perspective like that.
Keep in mind that your so called "evil" in this world is usually created by the "good" in it!!! there is no better example.

-Tom G.
« Reply #23 on: Sep 11, 2001, 05:34PM »

My thougths and prayers are with you all in NYC and DC and with all of you who may have lost family memebers in this senseless attack.  When I went back to afternoon classes the security was checking people into campus and patrolling heavily.( not normal in sleepy Mississippi)  I have a hard time believing that some people could have such little reguard for human life either their own or that of other. Fluff
UGAbone4evr
RedNeck/Bass Trombonist

"That guy..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: Sep 11, 2001, 05:37PM »

this event shows us how sick some people can be. if the country went into war, and i was 18, i would sign up and fight without giving it a second thought.

my prayers go out to you in NY and to whoever was affected.

Heath Williams
Bachelor of Music, UGA Class of 2010
Phi Mu Alpha - Epsilon Lambda Spring '06
ATA President
trombeanbloke
« Reply #25 on: Sep 11, 2001, 05:51PM »

My heart goes out to all in the U.S.A.
You have my deepest sympathy.
PEACE............
Bean.
Trombone3134

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sep 11, 2001, 06:54PM »

To all of those who lost someone or something beloved;

"In a glory you see what you can do...in adversity you see what you are made of."

We will see what we are made of and conquer this problem. My deepest sympaty to thos in New York. The whole city will be in my prayers

"Great music is that which penetrates the ear with facility and leaves the memory with difficulty. Magical music never leaves the memory."
-Sir Thomas Beecham
« Reply #27 on: Sep 11, 2001, 06:55PM »

Early,
Its a War Zone and things are terrible.
I spoke to Wayne earlier this morning. He is fine and told me that everyone was in a frenzy.Supermarkets in his neighborhood( upper west)where mobbed with customers stocking up on things.
Brooklyn was very somber. The streets where empty and alot of police officers where out on footposts.
MY rehearsal for this evening got cancelled and for the rest of the week there is a question mark. I can't even get into midtown.
I was in your old neighborhood late this afternoon. So many stores where closed and I walked over to the Promenade to get a look from across the river. It looked like something out of the movies. So much smoke,soot, debris,emergency vehicles either in the water, air or land where present.
The smoke got worse as the final moments of
Tower 7 came to a demise.
There where many people just standing or sitting along the promenade. Some where taking pictures or using their cam corders.One idiot was selling disposable
cameras.
I am glad that your family is safe.
We need to perform a "Requiem" for all of our lost ones.
« Reply #28 on: Sep 11, 2001, 06:55PM »

My prayers are with all in the New York area.
I had just come home from class at around 9:20 this morning and turned on the t.v and started surfing until I saw the WTC on fire.I thought I was going to be sick.Then I wittnessed it fall on teleivision, and my heart sank in disbelief.It was a tough day in the practice room.Needless to say I,along with many other college students,did not accomplish much on such a horrific period of time.My Music Theory professor was sobing and trying to carry on with class.This is going to be hard period of time for all of us.
               Ave Maria,God be with us,
                           Robert McShane
« Reply #29 on: Sep 11, 2001, 07:25PM »

My prayers are out to everybody.  Not just in New York, but in the rest of the nation as well.  I'm truly scared.  I don't know when this conflict will be resolved, but I want it to be over soon.  I live in Wichita, Kansas.  It's #5 on the best places to bomb and such.  It's because we're the Air Capital of the world.  That's the downside of living hear, it's noisy.  Anyways, once again...I'll keep all of you in my prayers and thoughts as I go on with my life!  

P.U.S.H
W.W.J.D
F.R.O.G
D.O.G
G.A.P
« Reply #30 on: Sep 11, 2001, 07:51PM »

Terrorism is an act not only to disable our government, and economic systems, but to disrupt our Daily American Lives. We cannot be weak. We must go on.

And a word to those Who will torment those people of other races, origins, religious, etc...Have thought that it is not a group of people that carry out criminal acts, its the Individual, their own heart and sole, they are the ones to blame.

My prayers are with those who died, lost loved ones, friends, family, and neighbors in NY and DC. Also with the US government, leadership and communities affected by todays horrible chain of events.

God Bless,
Todd
« Reply #31 on: Sep 11, 2001, 08:00PM »

quote:
Originally posted by iknytrombonist:
Early,
Its a War Zone and things are terrible.
I spoke to Wayne earlier this morning. He is fine and told me that everyone was in a frenzy.Supermarkets in his neighborhood( upper west)where mobbed with customers stocking up on things.
Brooklyn was very somber. The streets where empty and alot of police officers where out on footposts.
MY rehearsal for this evening got cancelled and for the rest of the week there is a question mark. I can't even get into midtown.
I was in your old neighborhood late this afternoon. So many stores where closed and I walked over to the Promenade to get a look from across the river. It looked like something out of the movies. So much smoke,soot, debris,emergency vehicles either in the water, air or land where present.
The smoke got worse as the final moments of
Tower 7 came to a demise.
There where many people just standing or sitting along the promenade. Some where taking pictures or using their cam corders.One idiot was selling disposable
cameras.
I am glad that your family is safe.
We need to perform a "Requiem" for all of our lost ones.

Fred and Emory are still not able to get to their respective homes and will be out staying with friends in NJ.
Things in NJ are as you described in Brooklyn, I also heard that there was a huge run on postcards with the WTC in them--strange world.
NO way into the City only the upper level of the GWB to go out.  Fires still going on in lower Manhattan.
I've gotten calls from all over asking about things,  the phones are partially back in service, though maybe not completely.
Our skyline has been drastically altered.  Rescue operations can not yet be started to any degree with the fires and mountains of rubble.
They are saying no way into the City tomorrow also.  It seems like it will never end.  and maybe it has only started, I hope not, however.
Irvin, I think the Stuyvesant High School kids all were ok eventhough they were very close to the WTC, as you know...Did you know my son Emory went there as a kid?
This is a terrible, awful thing.
« Reply #32 on: Sep 11, 2001, 08:05PM »

My heart and condolences go out to all of you wherever you are.I was sickened by what I saw on TV today.

I visited NY last year and it all seems so unreal that the famous skyline will never be the same.

Here in Christchurch,New Zealand it seems like many people have stayed home-there's not nearly as much traffic on the roads as there normally is.Even though we're thousands of miles away we are shocked by what has happened.

I hope all my friends in various parts of the USA are OK.

Take care,everyone,

Ben Hawes
« Reply #33 on: Sep 11, 2001, 08:12PM »

Does anyone on this list have any connection with Paul Bellino? I'm pretty sure he does lots of free lance work in Manhattan and surrounding areas. He comes down to Houston as a faculty member of a Music festival down here, and I think he's great.

Anyone hear anythign on him?
Bruce Mangan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sep 11, 2001, 08:21PM »

in realation to todays events...

as long as people remember that the enemy is the terrorist and not a whole country of people. we express our opinions and views just as the regular public do in other countries. if people are celebrating this in other countries so be it.. they have their reasons... but...  we need to remember our enemy is the terrorists. remember if this same thing happened in bagdad or in russia during the cold war we, as US citizans, might react in the same way. in times like these people's minds become clouded easily...  they see blindly...  in order to react and bring justice to this event without making the situation worse we must "know our enemy".  we need to remember that they brought our civilians into it...  in order to not stoop to their level we can't do the same. it isn't kosher to remove the entire arm as opposed to a tiny tiny tumor of skin cancer.  there are a lot of things i don't agree with in this county, there are a lot of things we do to other people and places that i think are wrong. these people in other countries are cheering for a reason. we must stand up for ourselves.. this is true. more importantly we must once again relize that this world is round and we are all here together whether we like it or not.

my .02

Dread Pirate Flint

Bruce

Bass Trombone:
Henderson Symphony Orchestra

Getzen horn
1G-S59 Wedge mouthpiece
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sep 11, 2001, 08:28PM »

As a former New Yorker and Stuyvesant High School Graduate (1965), I want to also wish my former "landsmen" the deepest condolences.

I was watching CNN in horror as the second plane hit the WTC.  Incredible.

We have been trying to see if friends are OK, and the one we were most concerned about is fine; she was just leaving for work when the first plane hit, and was leaving the subway when the second hit.  She went to her office (which is on the East side, and was not affected) until NYC turned off the power to lower Manhattan.  She then walked across the Brooklyn Bridge to get to her home (about 3/4 mile from the Brooklyn side of the bridge).

While we think it was Muslim terrorists who did this, remember that when Oklahoma City occurred, we thought it was the Muslims then, too.  And it turned out to be a bunch of good ole white-boy maniacs instead.

Right now we need to find the living (and treat them) and pray for the dead.  The investigation will tell more.

There has been a lot of arm-wringing here in Boston since the planes that hit started here!

I wonder where the plane that crashed south of Pittsburgh was headed?  Back to the Pentagon?

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Graham Martin
Purveyor of 'HOT' Jazz

"Dixieland/Mainstream/Big Band"

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Sep 11, 2001, 08:55PM »

Aussie thoughts are with you, as always!

Our P.M. is in Washington visiting with Bush and was scheduled to go to N.Y.C. at the end of the week. I think you had better send him home so that he can organise any backup you guys need.

Grah

"May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay......forever young."
evan51
Guardian of the Sacred Nebulizer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: Sep 11, 2001, 08:56PM »

Hi Early (Sam, I.Karan, et al):
I'm so sorry to witness the horror and hear the terrible stories. I'm glad you and your families are well. I hope your city recovers in the aftermath.
Best wishes,
Evan

One life---a little gleam of time between two Eternities.---Thomas Carlyle
« Reply #38 on: Sep 11, 2001, 08:56PM »

i pray to all the families affected by this tragedy.  I second the opinion about if there was a war that i would sign up. also there is an economic downturn in the world and i was wondering what is going to happen to the U.S. market once it opens.
will prices drop
evan51
Guardian of the Sacred Nebulizer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: Sep 11, 2001, 09:04PM »

quote:
Originally posted by adamja:
if there was a war... i would sign up.

You can start with yourself my young friend. All of the things that cause wars go inside each of us every day sadly.

One life---a little gleam of time between two Eternities.---Thomas Carlyle
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: