Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087129 Posts in 71987 Topics- by 19235 Members - Latest Member: Grandpa Trashville
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gamers!  (Read 3210 times)
« on: Feb 10, 2003, 11:07PM »

Anyone in here into video games?? I have been drooling over my xbox lately.
Raptor3x

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2003, 04:08PM »

Yeah, right now I've been playing alot of Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime on gamecube and at one time I was really big on Tribes 2(for PC.)  Also, I'm starting to get impatient over the new zelda game, it's going to be awesome.

Cya around,
Will Humber
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2003, 04:12PM »

RCT 2 all the way for me.  I like making 'Death Coasters' with up to 25-g vertical loops and such.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2003, 04:13PM »

Yeah, I'm a big gamer here.  I also have an Xbox.  In fact, I just got Splinter Cell the other day because it was on sale.  Man, that game is hard [/]!
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the launch of Halo 2, mainly because I won't do anything but that for like a month.
Have you played Halo?  Probably one of the greatest games ever if you ask me.
What kind of games are you into?
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2003, 04:15PM »

quote:
Originally posted by WarpSpider:
RCT 2 all the way for me.  I like making 'Death Coasters' with up to 25-g vertical loops and such.

Ya' know, I'm not a big fan of RCT 2... mainly because I think RCT 1 was so much of a better game.  Somehow, they managed to make the graphics worse when going to a sequel rather than better.
If they had come out with a new expansion pack with all the stuff that RCT 2 has, I think it would have been a much better game.  RCT 1 all the way.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2003, 05:44PM »

mostly my gaming consists of playing Warhammer 40k, a table top miniatures game.

but i play alot on my computer too. Recently, it's been alot of Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, Morrowinds, and Counter-Strike.

Got a PS2, but not many games for that. Mainly a DVD player for the dorm room.
Frank B
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2003, 06:40PM »

Halo, the best game ever? nah, too unbalanced. the pistol kills all- even against other weapons' best ranges. shotgun vs. pistol at short range- the pistol wins. machine gun vs. pistol at ANY range- pistol wins. pistol vs any alien gun- pistol wins. rocket launcher at a non suiciding distance vs. pistol- you'll be killed by the pistol befor the rocket you fired will reach the other guy. pistol vs the sniper rifle from across the level- very possibly the pistol- especially if the sniper doesn't see the guy firing the pistol. and best of all... while a clip of the machine gun fired directly into your chest from medium range will not kill you, the single hit with the but of a gun from behind always will.

the best game ever, nah.

I would have to vote starcraft for the best game ever. simply because the level of stragety can get very intense between two good player, and I don't mean the "who can build units the fastest" type strategy games that are all over, but more of the scout, feint, defend, transport/recall troops behind enemy lines, attack vital points all happening at the same time. I always come back to Starcraft after a while, after I get tired of playing some new, poorly designed game
Raptor3x

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2003, 06:48PM »

Oh, I almost forgot about Worms 2 and Worms: Armageddon.  Excellent turn based strategy games.  While it's not as in depth as Starcraft or Warcraft it's a whole lot of fun.  Nothing beats the ninja rope.

Cya around,
Will Humber
John Beers Jr.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2003, 06:52PM »

Heh, I play Gemstone 3, Dragonrealms, and Modus Operandi. I'm currently waiting for Star Wars: Galaxies to come out.

"Progress is just another word for making bad things happen faster" - Granny Weatherwax
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2003, 06:56AM »

HOLY POOP, yeah man...lately...lets see

Splinter Cell - Frikkin tight, I love that game man...very life like..(except that no one can see sam fisher...but never mind the big neon yellow lights glowing on his head and back. lol)

Halo - Good point about the pistol...never realized it, but im pretty sure you ar correct...but the games still rawcks me sideways.

DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball - ...umm I play it for the graphics...yeah...graphics.

I have a Gamecube as well... on there

Im looking forward to Zelda...I preordered mine at gamestop so I get the ocarina of time with it..heh..for gamecube tho...and they re did some dungeon maps...pretty niffty.

Mario Sunshine - Game annoyed the pee outta me...but its still pretty cool.

hmmm on PC...

Warcraft 3 - is the frikkin poop yo!

I played Roller Coaster tycoon 1 for a looong while...its fun...haven't playd 2 tho.

Anywho...yeah I have lots of other games too, Im a pretty big dork when it comes down to games and toys n stuff...I have been collectig Transformers for like...6 years or something..so its just crazy at times...and somehow my girlfriend is still with me...

oh well...need to go practice the ol' bone.
laxgoalie33

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2003, 08:44AM »

best game ever???  

DOOM 2

(of course I'm talking about the PC version)

-Tom G.
YuenLi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2003, 12:23PM »

There is nothing to match the Mechwarrior series, imho.  

Yuen Li
Vini, Vidi, VCD, DVD, Minidisc...
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman, MAD Magazine
"What, me practice?" - Yuen Li, OTJ Forum Signature
BoneyW

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2003, 12:41PM »

I dare you    :

The Zelda series! Favourite is still the first game..... Oh nostalgia....  
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2003, 02:49PM »

I've got 2 systems....

PS2:

Final Fantasy 10 -- Great game!  The old complaint about playing in a real-time movie is true.  The plot is good, the FMVs are simply awe-inspiring, but until the tail end (airship) the plot is TOTALLY linear.  Aeon system is great, but I'd rather level than use the "sphere-grid"....and espers beat all.

DDR (dance dance revolution) Max -- Great fun with a pad.  Known for being one of the most nerdly addictions, but hey, it helps keep in shape.

and, of course,
PC:

Jedi Outcast -- Fun game, but it really shines in multiplayer online.  NOTHING beats killing with a saber, and they really made the fencing system pretty well.

Morrowind -- I like the game, but the skill system gets me... plus, apparently there's a glitch with Win2k, so my loading times are insane.

MMORPGs in general -- More addictive than [insert drug here].  I love 'em, but they'll consume your life if you don't watch out, plus the pay-by-the-month thing can be taxing for those of us without a job.  I try to limit myself to the ones I can get for free in a beta.
« Reply #14 on: Feb 12, 2003, 02:55PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Frank B:
Halo, the best game ever? nah, too unbalanced. the pistol kills all- even against other weapons' best ranges. shotgun vs. pistol at short range- the pistol wins. machine gun vs. pistol at ANY range- pistol wins. pistol vs any alien gun- pistol wins. rocket launcher at a non suiciding distance vs. pistol- you'll be killed by the pistol befor the rocket you fired will reach the other guy. pistol vs the sniper rifle from across the level- very possibly the pistol- especially if the sniper doesn't see the guy firing the pistol. and best of all... while a clip of the machine gun fired directly into your chest from medium range will not kill you, the single hit with the but of a gun from behind always will.

the best game ever, nah.

I would have to vote starcraft for the best game ever. simply because the level of stragety can get very intense between two good player, and I don't mean the "who can build units the fastest" type strategy games that are all over, but more of the scout, feint, defend, transport/recall troops behind enemy lines, attack vital points all happening at the same time. I always come back to Starcraft after a while, after I get tired of playing some new, poorly designed game

Well, I'd have to agree with you on both points.  I hate the pistol in the game.  I know people who play multiplayer with only a pistol, and I swear it's the most annoying weapon in the world.
And yes, Starcraft is definitely up in the running for the best game ever.  I hesisitate to say what is the best game ever, only make suggestions, and yes, Starcraft is definitely high on my list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: