Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087048 Posts in 71973 Topics- by 19232 Members - Latest Member: Bach to the future
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wake Up, America: Take 3  (Read 43106 times)
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1040 on: Oct 31, 2017, 01:53PM »

Problem is, many of the crimes also have state crime counterparts.  A presidential pardon is only good for federal crimes. 

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: Nov 07, 2017, 06:04AM »

IT's been a year. God help us.......

Illegitimate Presidency

It’s been a year since the “shock heard ‘round the world” marked the most significant attack on the USA by a foreign government since the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. And, thanks to the Free Press our enlightened Founders gave us, we are finally starting to understand the magnitude and depth of that attack.

Because of the diligence of reporters in our free press we now know that Russian propaganda supporting the candidacy of Donald Drumpf and aiming to undermine the candidacy of Hillary Clinton was “liked and shared” over 126 MILLION times on Facebook. It was almost certainly seen by a great many more than that because a lot of us were smart enough to recognize it for the lies it projected. We didn’t “like” it, and we sure as heck didn’t share it.

And, that’s just on Facebook. The number grows almost exponentially when one considers the Russians were also active on many other social networking platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.

Even Republicans admit Russia made extensive efforts to influence the outcome of the election, but claim there is no way to quantify the effect they achieved. I call “Scatological Debris of Bovine Origin” on that. Let’s just look at Facebook.

126 Million is roughly half the number of Americans who voted in the last election. Drumpf won the Electoral College vote by a total margin of less than 75,000 in the three states that swung the election. We don’t yet know the degree to which the Russians were able to target their attacks, or how they knew where to target them, but they needed to affect a total of only .0006% of the overall vote in the right places to change the outcome of the election.

It takes a massive degree of willful, intellectual dishonesty to summarily dismiss the possibility (PROBABILITY) that Russian propaganda and lies was able to suppress or change the vote of 1 in 15,000 people who were exposed to it. The Drumpf Presidency is the least legitimate since, at least, Reconstruction, if not in our history.

Of course, Drumpf, and his enablers in the GOP (Government of Putin until they respond to the attack) deny this vehemently, and are doing everything they can to impede investigations into what really happened in the 2016 elections.

Fortunately we still have that Free Press our Founders bestowed on us. And, we have Robert Mueller.

IT’S MUELLER TIME!

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: Nov 14, 2017, 06:01AM »

Could write these things daily there is so much absurdity going on......

"Our Little Donnie.........."

I was the drum major of the marching band when I was in high school. We had a joke about the new kids in the band who couldn’t quite yet get the hang of marching, and how oblivious their parents were about it. “Oh look. Can you believe everybody in the band is marching out of step except our little Donnie?”

There’s a lot of that kind of willful refusal to recognize reality going on in this country today, starting at the top. David Corn of Mother Jones described it this way,
“CIA Chief Mike Pompeo – Putin attacked the 2016 election,
DNI Dan Coats – Putin attacked the 2016 election,
FBI Director Christopher Wray – Putin attacked the 2016 election,
NSA head Mike Rogers – Putin attacked the 2016 election,
 Putin – I did not attack the 2016 election,
Drumpf – I believe Putin”.

“Everyone’s out of step but my little Vlad.”

These are all heads of intelligence agencies appointed by Drumpf, and they are unanimous in their convictions.  He later walked it back, somewhat, by saying “As to whether I believe it, I’m with our agencies. As currently led by fine people, I believe very much in our intelligence agencies.”

Of course, these agencies “currently led by fine people” are reporting the exact same information they have been reporting since before those “fine people” (Drumpf has a thing for “fine people”, doesn’t he?) took the helms at their respective agencies. But, those previous leaders were “political hacks” performing a “Democratic hit job”. Same exact information, completely different take. “Everybody is out of step…..”

The willful refusal to recognize reality is not limited to our President. The fish may rot from the head down, but close to a third of our fellow countrymen subscribe to the same distorted views as their leader.

In addition to the agencies listed above, it is a commonly held belief among Drumpf supporters that:
Main Stream Media? – Lying
Mueller? – Lying
Papadopoulos? - Lying
McCain? – Lying
Corker? – Lying
Flake? – Lying
McConnell? - Lying
Clinton? - Lying
GHW and GW Bush? – Lying
Democrats? – Lying
Gold Star Parents? – Lying
Gold Star Widow? – Lying
Puerto Rico? – Lying
14 Women accusing Drumpf of sexual abuse? – Lying
Etc., Etc., Etc.? - Lying
Drumpf? – The first President in the history of this country, well, at least since St. Ronnie, to tell the truth to the American people.

“Everyone’s out of step except our little Donnie”

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: Nov 14, 2017, 02:58PM »

I have to admit, if nothing else, this past year or two has really made me appreciate the impacts of prolonged propaganda efforts.

Seriously. Apparently I dramatically underestimated it before.

Watching the trump base... utterly reject reality and cling to the words of a chronic liar as if they are the only truth... wow.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: