Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1069494 Posts in 70967 Topics- by 18768 Members - Latest Member: smurfdad
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trombone apps  (Read 2209 times)
DakoJack

View Profile
« on: Apr 23, 2016, 09:26PM »

So I'm looking around to find out about trombone related apps to put on my phone. I recently found an app by Pickett brass that compares mouthpiece size. I want to know your favorite apps for practice or just trombone related things apple or android. Also why is there not an app for this forum if there is please direct me that way this is my hone page.
DaveAshley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2016, 06:41AM »

I like iRealPro.  Recently, I've been practicing melodies, even just simple pop songs, in all keys with the backgrounds.

I've also been using Tonal Energy's tone generator feature - Wearing ear buds and playing with drones. I'll set a note to sustain and play notes against them. I also set it to detect notes and play in unison with me.  It's like playing with another trombone player who happens to be right on pitch!

DaveBb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 12:00PM »

Cleartune (tuner)
Tempo (metronome)
Loopy - looping software more for a tablet than a phone
Krazzikk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 10:01AM »

I've also been using Tonal Energy's tone generator feature - Wearing ear buds and playing with drones. I'll set a note to sustain and play notes against them. I also set it to detect notes and play in unison with me.  It's like playing with another trombone player who happens to be right on pitch!
Yeah, I just got TE recently. It seems like there's a lot to it. The analysis feature intrigues me but I don't know how to make practical use of it yet.
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 02:16PM »

I am using Tonal Energy. Find it a great tool, highly recommended. It has also a nice recording function so you can analyze things after you have played it.

I am currently trying out ATracker for logging practicing sessions. See https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/atracker-pro-daily-task-and-time-tracking/id519561306?mt=8. This is a general task tracker and I will try to use this to  see how practice time is spent on different topics.

If anyone uses similar tools/apps for making practice diaries/logs please let me know what you use and what your experiences are.

King 2B/3B - Marcinkiewicz ET3 Charlie Loper
Conn Artist Symphony - Greg Black 5GS
Krazzikk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 07:57PM »

If anyone uses similar tools/apps for making practice diaries/logs please let me know what you use and what your experiences are.
I'd be interested in this too. I was just thinking about starting a practice log.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: