Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1083370 Posts in 71707 Topics- by 19127 Members - Latest Member: peppermintpatty5
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Buyer beware...slidebone.com  (Read 3164 times)
mmclemore

View Profile WWW
« on: Jun 25, 2016, 11:21AM »

A Public service announcement....

7 months ago I ordered a Basili case from Slidebone.com.   I paid all monies up front for a 6 week delivery...after 6 months and excuse after excuse I canceled the order and asked for a refund.  Now, a month later, I have yet to see a refund despite being told that one was in the mail.  At this point I can only assume that no refund is coming. Save yourself the money and trouble and avoid Slidebone.com.  I have kept every email exchange, so anyone wanting proof of my claims can be easily accommodated. 

Michael D. McLemore
Owner/Craftsman
M&W Custom Trombones
boneagain

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2016, 11:29AM »

A Public service announcement....

7 months ago I ordered a Basili case from Slidebone.com.   I paid all monies up front for a 6 week delivery...after 6 months and excuse after excuse I canceled the order and asked for a refund.  Now, a month later, I have yet to see a refund despite being told that one was in the mail.  At this point I can only assume that no refund is coming. Save yourself the money and trouble and avoid Slidebone.com.  I have kept every email exchange, so anyone wanting proof of my claims can be easily accommodated. 

Please keep us posted when the refund shows up.  I had a similar situation, and LOOOONG wait for a refund. I did get it though.

I wonder why Irvin doesn't just cut his losses with Basili?  Beautiful cases, but Basili delivery is as poor as the case is good.

Dave Adams
Staunch admirer of all who still make a living at this!
hyperbolica

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2016, 11:45AM »

I also recently had a "couple of weeks" turn into 6 months + at Slidebone with the purchase of a Kanstul. It wasn't really his fault. I eventually got my horn. Communication is not stellar,  but I think he's trying to build an east coast version of Horn Guys. Id use him again for stuff that's in stock.
bbocaner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2016, 12:57PM »

but Basili delivery is as poor

Basili isn't the only weak link in the chain here.

--
Barry
trmbtrmb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2016, 01:18PM »

slidebone has a long record of this kind of stuff. I think he is off the forum now. He does a lot of his propaganda through Facebook now. It is a shame for Basili. Slide bone does not sell Bonna cases or Greg Black stuff anymore but he has/had interesting comments on his site about both. I recently wrote something in support of Bonna as he is a friend of mine and slide bone did everything to shoot me down with unsupported comments.

Matthew Lynch
sfboner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2016, 04:45PM »

By this point all the slidebone threads ought to be aggregated and made into a sticky.  Even though I made a couple small orders that went ok some years back, I long ago stopped considering using this vendor out of principle.  Back when he still was allowed to post here, he used the forum to viciously attack anyone who had a complaint.
TNTBONE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2016, 04:21AM »

I'll pile onto this one and echo the first post--stay away from slidebone.. I just went thru a very frustrating experience regarding a ProTec gig bag (good bag by the way).. I'm convinced that I would not have received the bag if I had not emailed him every day about the bag. I too kept all of my email exchanges if anyone needs more specifics.. I saw his add on FB..
artyart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Aug 08, 2017, 07:03AM »

bump, cut to may 9 , 2017, ordered a basili case, was told the turnaround was 3-4 weeks........... 14 weeks later nothing, except a few terse exchanges ...... buyer beware for sure.

MikeBMiller
Best trombone player on my street.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 08, 2017, 08:46AM »

Interesting - Irvin was travelling with Doug Elliott on his recent world tour and hung out at my house for about 3 hours while me and another guy got a lesson from Doug. He seemed like a good guy, but I don't have any experience buying from him.
renbaroque

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 08, 2017, 09:12AM »

Lots and lots of horror stories about that guy. I think this thread may have caused him (Irvin = NYTrombonist) to walk away from the forum. to sure if he has any more aliases.

http://tromboneforum.org/index.php/topic,67590.0.html

I personally had about 75% bad experiences, but those were "just" delivery issues. He apparently had the item (his store brand case at the time) in front of him staring back at him ready to be shipped after one of the inquiries, which for some reason was not get shipped for another 7 months or so. Eventually I got the case, but I was charged twice for it, when order was placed and when it was shipped, about a year apart.
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 08, 2017, 10:42AM »

More and more I try to ensure what I am ordering is in stock, whether it's Slidebone or Dillons or Musicians Friend. Mpcs from Dillons were annoying as the webpage gave no indication (that I was able to find) whether they had the mpc in or not. A phone call or email before you order might be a good idea before you give them your money (although, let's be clear, I've had absolutely no problems with Dillon, who cancelled the order and who only charge my card when the item is shipped). It's unfortunate IK bills you without having merchandise in stock.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 08, 2017, 10:45AM »

Irv is a bit scatterbrained and it affects his customer service.  He tries to do right, but sometimes gets it wrong.

Deal with him using caution.

Note: he's a fine trombone player and a friend of Doug Elliott.  Not that either of those matter relative to his sales.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: Aug 08, 2017, 10:49AM »

Buyer beware

Is he on Angie's list?  :D
Doug Elliott
Lord of the Rims

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 08, 2017, 10:55AM »

I will try to find out about that Basili case for you.  I know some Basili cases were coming from Brazil while we were on the road, and then were stuck in Customs.

www.DougElliottMouthpieces.com
XT LexanN104,C+,D2, Williams 6, K&H Slokar alto, K&H Slokar Solo .547 open wrap
artyart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2017, 02:02PM »

Thanks for looking into it Doug, at this point its 15 weeks..... seems a bit long
 Yeah, RIGHT.

Doug Elliott
Lord of the Rims

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Aug 23, 2017, 12:01AM »

I think Basili is a one man operation, like my business.  Sometimes it takes a while.  I know I'm perpetually behind.

www.DougElliottMouthpieces.com
XT LexanN104,C+,D2, Williams 6, K&H Slokar alto, K&H Slokar Solo .547 open wrap
Michael Egan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Aug 27, 2017, 08:47AM »

Doug has it...Irv is a good guy, but busy....lives in a place that's hard to do business.  All my dealings went smoothly.  Got a case once a few years ago and just simply didn't like it; sent it back and money was promptly refunded - prompting me to do more business.
artyart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: Aug 31, 2017, 12:16PM »

I think Basili is a one man operation, like my business.  Sometimes it takes a while.  I know I'm perpetually behind.

I understand that well Doug, I really want to give Irv the benefit of the doubt, I was told the case was done 6/27, if something was lost, screwed up in customs, etc, it would have been better to to communicate that to me, rather than just remain silent...... the only communications we've had were relatively pleasant. It's now 16 weeks and counting....... :-(

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: