Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1083568 Posts in 71818 Topics- by 19123 Members - Latest Member: AU Tico
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-Chat(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) The Other Kind of PDA's
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Other Kind of PDA's  (Read 5337 times)
« on: Feb 28, 2003, 05:38AM »

Well, since everyone was so dissapointed with the last PDA topic being about Personal Digaital Assistants, I thought it would be intersting to see what you all think of this!

So, whats you take on the whole lets-show-everyone-how-much-we-care-for-each-other type of thing.

RHM, how bout you start things off!  
Chang
Gas Sucks, Ride a Bike

"Does Your ComBadge Spin? I think not!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2003, 07:02AM »

how did I know this would be brought up?  

Daniel Vore
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2003, 07:37AM »

Hmmmmmmm........

I'm assuming that you mean REAL affection, not coiffured ladies kissing the air beside each other's cheeks and going "Mwa mwa". Ugh!

The British are, generally, really bad at Public Displays of Anything. I personally love to greet an old friend (of the opposite sex!) with a hug and a kiss.

However, I have mixed views on Personal Displays of Affection between couples. On the one hand, it's marvellous to be ABLE to do so. Just to say to your loved one, wherever you are, "I love you", and to turn to them and give them a long kiss. Just to wander along the pavement (sidewalk), hand-in-hand or arm-in-arm. Just to sit on a park bench, curled up against each other and talking, or to lie side-by-side on the grass looking up at the clouds. On the other hand, I don't particularly enjoy watching other people doing so! Selfish or what........    

Christine (red hot - that's what!)
christine.woodcock@gmail.com
In vodka veritas
SensitiveJohn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2003, 08:50AM »

Get a Room!
BFW
Pun Gent

"Paronomasiacs Homonymous"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2003, 03:38PM »

quote:
Originally posted by RedHotMama:
The British are, generally, really bad at Public Displays of Anything.

Public Display of Anything = PDA!

The British are pretty good at pomp and pageantry, which qualifies as some kind of public display.

quote:
However, I have mixed views on Personal Displays of Affection
Personal Display of Affection = PDA!

Private Display of Affection = PDA!

Public Display of Animosity = PDA!

quote:
ScituateJohn wrote:
Get a Room!

That's what we need, a portable room!  Carry it in your pocket, open it up when you feel like giving a loved one a kiss, or more.  We could call it: Portable Discourager of Audiences, or PDA!

Brian

Our supreme responsibility is the moral obligation to be intelligent. -- Oliver L. Reiser
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2003, 01:29PM »

i have to say taht in school, me and my significant other do display PDAs.  i'm not all that in to it, b/c i understand that some people just don't want to see it.  but, he always comes up with "but who cares what they think?" so, we end up doing somethings, but i get to draw the line on most things.  plus, we can always get caught with the school administrators.

-Erin
BFW
Pun Gent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2003, 01:40PM »

quote:
Originally posted by EdandMe:
i have to say taht in school, me and my significant other do display PDAs.

Does your significant other get jealous of all the time you spend with your lips pressed against Ed?  

Brian

Our supreme responsibility is the moral obligation to be intelligent. -- Oliver L. Reiser
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2003, 02:15PM »

Brian,

How do you know that ED isn't her significant other......?  

In vodka veritas
bickle
Formerly titled by the Walt

"Horn cues are good!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2003, 03:11PM »

She said so- Ed's her trombone.

So who's up for smooooooooooooochies?
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2003, 03:30PM »

Pssssst....

I KNOW Ed's her trombone....

Hey, it takes all sorts....  

In vodka veritas
bickle

"Horn cues are good!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2003, 03:36PM »

That's all well and good, but what about the smoochies?
« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2003, 04:45PM »

man, i go away for a few hours, and there's already rumors... Ed is my trombone, and (if you must know, heh) Brandon is my significant other.  heh, and sometimes, he does get a little jealous of Ed... heh. but he has a bass (who has a female name) so, i think it's pretty even. heh. hmm i don't get what RHM said, "I KNOW Ed's her trombone..." hmm maybe i'm too innocent    heh

-Erin (and Ed too!    )
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2003, 04:53PM »

Only kidding, Erin! As long as Brandon knows all about Ed, and about the time you spend pressing your lips to him, and isn't TOO jealous, then no worries! BTW, do you do PDAs with Ed?  

Bickle, with whom do you want smoochies? Am I going to have to start up a Chit-Chat PDA corner?!  

In vodka veritas
rlb
Demiurge

"Hails of derisive laughter, Bruce!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2003, 05:55PM »

Get a room!

Dr. Richard L. Byrd, Forum Director
Every man, wherever he goes, is encompassed by a cloud of comforting convictions, which move with him like flies on a summer day.
   --Bertrand Russell, 1950
« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2003, 07:08PM »

quote:
Originally posted by rlb:
Get a room!

hmm how weird... that's what all my trombone friends say when they see me and my significant other together.... i think that i detect a pattern...    

-Erin
Frank B
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2003, 08:18PM »

hmmmm... the PDA I used to see at my highschool ranged from pecks on the cheeks, to swallowing each other's tongues, to blow jobs under the stairs. in most corners and even in the middle of extremely crowded halls you would find people trying to bat around the other's uvula... I'd have to say these I don't really like. neither did anyone else not engaged in them.

a few kisses things like that... as long as it's not to excess it's not bad.

personally I always loved to just go off through the park to a very nice and isolated spot, or something similar.

I'm up for some smoochies!
BFW
Pun Gent

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 03, 2003, 03:53AM »

Wow; never used to see such things in my high school.  Of course, with the male/female ratio at about 30 to 1, it may not be so surprising.  The fact that I went to high school 30 years ago makes it even less surprising, I guess.

Brian

« Reply #17 on: Mar 03, 2003, 01:01PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Frank B:
hmmmm... the PDA I used to see at my highschool ranged from pecks on the cheeks, to swallowing each other's tongues, to blow jobs under the stairs. in most corners and even in the middle of extremely crowded halls you would find people trying to bat around the other's uvula... I'd have to say these I don't really like. neither did anyone else not engaged in them.

a few kisses things like that... as long as it's not to excess it's not bad.

personally I always loved to just go off through the park to a very nice and isolated spot, or something similar.

I'm up for some smoochies!

wow! we never do anything like that.  that's amazing. the teachers don't say anything?!?  i'm suprised.  At my school, we're not even allowed alone in a hallway without a teacher right there.  i think that there are some rules that are too strict (like the one stated above).  i mean, as long as no one sees, and no one's getting pregnent, is there any harm??

-Erin
bickle

"Horn cues are good!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 03, 2003, 01:07PM »

quote:
Originally posted by RedHotMama:
Bickle, with whom do you want smoochies? Am I going to have to start up a Chit-Chat PDA corner?!    

Wull, sounds like Frank's available, but he's not my type, being male and all. Presumably. Although I do recall something about him wearing tarty little skirts a while back.........!?!
bickle

"Horn cues are good!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar 03, 2003, 01:11PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Frank B:

I am told by those who would know that this went on in my school, but I never noticed. Further proof I am dense. Perhaps I have too much English blood; I understand the English frown on this sort of behaviour.

Eh wot?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: