Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087131 Posts in 71988 Topics- by 19235 Members - Latest Member: Grandpa Trashville
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-Chat(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) The Other Kind of PDA's
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Other Kind of PDA's  (Read 5416 times)
evan51
Guardian of the Sacred Nebulizer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: Mar 03, 2003, 01:56PM »

quote:
Originally posted by omegajuice:
So, whats you take on the whole lets-show-everyone-how-much-we-care-for-each-other type of thing.

As long as it  is simply a display of "affection" and not an intention/indication that one is about to initiate a reproductive act I think it's fine. Having grown up under the dark cloud of Protestant Christianity        There is something quite satisfactory about walking out on a public pier, watching a sunset arm-in-arm.       I suppose  a high school student would be accused of inciting some undesireable behaviour and the line between "affection" and the, well, hmmmm, "other" touching might be blurred.

In talking to many old people I can tell you their biggest regret was that they didn't  love enough----no one has ever said, "Gee, I wish I hadn't been so affectionate."        Think about it.

Best to all,
Evan

One life---a little gleam of time between two Eternities.---Thomas Carlyle
bickle
Formerly titled by the Walt

"Horn cues are good!"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Mar 03, 2003, 05:31PM »

quote:
Originally posted by evan51:
In talking to many old people I can tell you their biggest regret was that they didn't  love enough----no one has ever said, "Gee, I wish I hadn't been so affectionate"

Remind me to tell you about my crazy ex-girlfriend sometime..........  
evan51

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: Mar 03, 2003, 10:25PM »

quote:
Originally posted by bickle:

Is now, O.K.?     The suspense is killing me!
E

Frank B
« Reply #23 on: Mar 04, 2003, 01:52PM »

it is actually true. the teachers couldn't do a whole lot because of the sheer number of students. for atleast a semester, just before the new school opened up, we were the largest school in north carolina- closing in around double the capacity the school was meant for. in the biggest rooms they would sometimes hold two intirely different classes at the same time. we had atleast 5 classes going on in the library(because of this it was closed to the students except before and after school or unless they had a special pass). students outnumbered teachers by a very large number. throw on the fact that very crowded halls block most vision past 2 or 3 feet and it's hard to watch people.

****, you could grab the bum of the girl walking in front of you in the hall and she wouldn't have a clue who did it.
bickle

"Horn cues are good!"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Mar 05, 2003, 01:40PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Frank B:
****, you could grab the bum of the girl walking in front of you in the hall and she wouldn't have a clue who did it.

grabber, or grabee, dere, Frank?

hee hee hee...............          
bickle

"Horn cues are good!"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Mar 05, 2003, 01:51PM »

quote:

quote:

Is now, O.K.?      The suspense is killing me!
E

Well... the last girl I dated who wasn't BW (we've dated on and off since my junior year of high school,BW and I) was a little.... clingy. So after we broke up, she called me so often that I got three phone numbers changed, and ditched a cel phone (still don't know how she got that number!) Then when BW was pregnant with GS, CEG somehow got the idea that I'd love her again if only BW was no longer pregnant. I got a restraining order at that point. But she loved me!

Also why I try to be careful not to reveal my identity- she's still out there!!  
evan51

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: Mar 05, 2003, 03:19PM »

quote:
 CEG somehow got the idea that I'd love her again if only BW was no longer pregnant. I got a restraining order at that point. But she loved me! Also why I try to be careful not to reveal my identity- she's still out there!!    I see what you mean......
It seems one needs to know the difference betwen love and obsession.  

« Reply #27 on: Mar 06, 2003, 01:01PM »

quote:

quote:
 CEG somehow got the idea that I'd love her again if only BW was no longer pregnant. I got a restraining order at that point. But she loved me! Also why I try to be careful not to reveal my identity- she's still out there!!       I see what you mean......
It seems one needs to know the difference betwen love and obsession.      

unless the obsession is mutual!

-Erin
evan51

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: Mar 06, 2003, 01:14PM »

quote:
Originally posted by EdandMe:
...unless the obsession is mutual!

How dare you stick your tongue out at me young lady! What would Ed think?      

I still think the goal is to be "conscious" even while you're enjoying the moment. If you're  both obsessed it rather doubles the chances for making mistakes. Or not. Just forget us wrinklies......

Evan

bickle

"Horn cues are good!"

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Mar 06, 2003, 01:40PM »

quote:
How dare you stick your tongue out at me young lady!

Almost, but not quite, as good as smoochies. Approximately as good as it gets vicariously.
« Reply #30 on: Mar 06, 2003, 03:00PM »

quote:

quote:
...unless the obsession is mutual!

How dare you stick your tongue out at me young lady! What would Ed think?        

I still think the goal is to be "conscious" even while you're enjoying the moment. If you're  both obsessed it rather doubles the chances for making mistakes. Or not. Just forget us wrinklies......

Evan

Oh! but on the contrary.  if both parties are obsessed with the other, then they obviously care about each other.  therefore, they would be more "concious" on what each party says and does.  right?  or not. just forget about us young 'uns
oh ya, and i don't think that ed would mind, i triple tounge him.    

(there's that tounge again)    

-Erin
p.s. bickle, do you like the tounge?? heh
bickle

"Horn cues are good!"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Mar 06, 2003, 03:11PM »

quote:
oh ya, and i don't think that ed would mind, i triple tounge him.  

For all the dozens of times I've heard someone say this, I must confess it has never before been a woman...
« Reply #32 on: Mar 06, 2003, 03:18PM »

LOL! well, i'm a true trombonist... what can i say?  heh. however, my role models (my brothers) both played the trombone, so ever since i was little, i've known all the classics.  however, is that a compliment or an insult? heh *rethinks what bickle said* hmmm not too sure... let me know! heh

-Erin
bickle

"Horn cues are good!"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Mar 06, 2003, 03:39PM »

Just an observation. I mean, it's usually used to shock the clarinets, and you're trying it on Evan- fzing!

Don't think he'll bite though.

Girls gots to be tough to live in the trombone section, though. Don't know a single female trombonist who isn't.
« Reply #34 on: Mar 06, 2003, 05:07PM »

duley noted.  i take that as a major compliment then. heh.  i always found most clarinetists and flotests to be way too girly for me.  heh.  i think that a girl should be able to stand up for herself.  and normally very girly girls aren't too good at doing that.  

-Erin
p.s. didn't mean to offend anyone.  that's just what i notice.  it's the majority that i was referring to
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: