Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1080476 Posts in 71506 Topics- by 19054 Members - Latest Member: trombonejb
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The election  (Read 20596 times)
badger

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: Jan 30, 2017, 02:27PM »

What is wrong with some people!  >:(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnatone

Excerpt:

On January 29, 2017, Ted Kornblum, the Chief Operating Officer and President[10] of Magnatone made a social media post advocating the assassination of President Donald J. Trump. As of January 30, 2017 no disciplinary action has been announced by the corporation nor has any official statement been made. [11]

End Excerpt.

I will have to say this has been mentioned on this forum in different terms!
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: Jan 30, 2017, 03:18PM »

What is wrong with some people!  >:(

Truly!

Many with significant deficits of integrity ignore extremely important issues in favor of relative trivialities that affirm what they want to believe. They're by and large ideological cowards who can't deal with things as they are, but instead have to filter and distort in order to accommodate their detached and delicate personal sensibilities. Typically they'll do so to the extent that they'll advocate harm to a great many for personal affirmation. They have strikingly frail psyches, and many will hurt as many as necessary to coddle them and protect them from reality. Here's an extreme apparent example.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
badger

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: Jan 30, 2017, 03:29PM »

Truly!

Many with significant deficits of integrity ignore extremely important issues in favor of relative trivialities that affirm what they want to believe. They're by and large ideological cowards who can't deal with things as they are, but instead have to filter and distort in order to accommodate their detached and delicate personal sensibilities. Typically they'll do so to the extent that they'll advocate harm to a great many for personal affirmation. They have strikingly frail psyches, and many will hurt as many as necessary to coddle them and protect them from reality. Here's an extreme example.

Duly Noted!
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: Jan 30, 2017, 05:06PM »

I can't find the alleged quote on his LinkedIn page as directed by Wikipedia but perhaps it is the one pictured?

If a Republican had said such a thing about Obama they would claim it was merely a prediction (wink wink) and not advocacy and express total outrage that anyone would suggest otherwise.

Purported post now removed from Wikipedia article
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/86/Threat-kornblum.jpg/800px-Threat-kornblum.jpg

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: Jan 30, 2017, 06:13PM »

I can't find the alleged quote on his LinkedIn page as directed by Wikipedia but perhaps it is the one pictured?

If a Republican had said such a thing about Obama they would claim it was merely a prediction (wink wink) and not advocacy and express total outrage that anyone would suggest otherwise.

That would be true in either case. The difference would be the nature of the audiences.

The target audience--people who need encouragement to rest easy because of Trump's nonsense--aren't generally radical right wing or Alt-Right types. The people who take their cues from Republicans who make such predictions (and particularly Alt-Right nuze types who make such predictions) are generally radical right wing and/or Alt-Right types. Those who are prone toward using violence toward a political goal are also generally radical right/Alt-Right types, so those speaking to that audience are far more likely to incite violence. So those who target radical right wing and Alt-Right types as their audience have a greater burden of responsibility for doing so, just as someone who chose to speak to depressed and potentially suicidal people would take on a greater responsibility to be conscious about the inclinations of their audience.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: Jan 30, 2017, 06:41PM »

The Wikipedia article no longer contains the allegation nor the picture of a post. They may not have been real.

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: Jan 30, 2017, 07:56PM »

The Wikipedia article no longer contains the allegation nor the picture of a post. They may not have been real.

I apparently had the page up when they removed the image--it was still there when I saw this post so I opened it up in another tab and then refreshed the main page--gone, along with the "controversy" section about it.

bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #627 on: Jan 31, 2017, 06:25AM »

Thus the problem with relying on Wikipedia.  Anyone can alter a page.  Especially one that is considered a 'stub'.

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: