Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1066774 Posts in 70911 Topics- by 18693 Members - Latest Member: Marvin.neal62
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: El Presidente  (Read 2352 times)
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Nov 11, 2016, 12:02PM »

Come on now Bruce, he's not a monster. He's not Hillary.
I didn't think Hillary was a monster either.  But then again to a lot of guys she's got "cooties".

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Section Ldr, Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch.
Molefsky

"Very old photo..."

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Nov 11, 2016, 12:10PM »

I didn't think Hillary was a monster either.  But then again to a lot of guys she's got "cooties".
Unfortunately those cooties didn't turnout on election day...  Don't know
Some say she never had them at all.

Molefsky
freelance trombonist
Full-time Environmental Engineering Consultant
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Nov 11, 2016, 12:19PM »

I guess we're from very different generations.  Boys used to say "Yech, she's a GIRL and she has COOTIES" as a means to say they hate females.  Cooties are a small insect that usually infests scalps and does a fair amount of blood sucking.

Bruce Guttman
Molefsky

"Very old photo..."

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Nov 11, 2016, 12:28PM »

I guess we're from very different generations.  Boys used to say "Yech, she's a GIRL and she has COOTIES" as a means to say they hate females.  Cooties are a small insect that usually infests scalps and does a fair amount of blood sucking.
I'm well aware; I just have a dry and somewhat absurdist sense of humor.

Molefsky
freelance trombonist
Elkhart 88H

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Nov 23, 2016, 08:18AM »

I think given his expertise in traffic control on the George Washington Bridge, Christie should be Secretary of Da Fence ;-)

Given his feelings about coal and oil, Sarah "Drill Baby Drill" Palin should be Secretary of Energy.

And we can use Trump's wall building expertise to build a 20 foot dike around the coastal cities Evil

If Trump were still considering Christie for a Cabinet post, I think he'd be an ideal choice for Secretary of Transportation.  :D

My friends and I spent some time last week brainstorming possible appointments to Trump's Cabinet of Deplorables and came up with these additional ideas:

Secretary of Labor – Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.  His experience with union-busting and right-to-work legislation at the state level would fit right in with Trump’s business agenda at the Federal level.  The NRLB would be one of the first casualties of Walker’s tenure at the Labor Department.

Secretary of Homeland Security – this post could only go to FBI Director James Comey in gratitude for a hatchet job well done.

Secretary of Commerce – Carly Fiorina.  She’s not as adept at filing bankruptcy as Trump is, but she still did a thorough job of running Hewlett-Packard into the ground when she was chief executive there.

Attorney General – Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY).  As Senate Majority Leader, his refusal to perform his Constitutional duty of conducting confirmation hearings for Supreme Court nominees makes him uniquely qualified to uphold the rule of law … as it applies to non-Republicans, anyway.

Secretary of State – Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX).  It’s been said that people take an instant dislike to Cruz because it saves time.  As Secretary of State, he would excel at alienating our allies and infuriating our enemies.

Don Bilger
Second Trombone, Southern Great Lakes Symphony (may it rest in peace)
Second Trombone, Spectrum Orchestra
"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
Molefsky

"Very old photo..."

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Nov 28, 2016, 07:02AM »

I'd actually like to see an aggressive AG. I wonder if Comey would fit the bill. We could see once and for all if there's any fire behind all that Clinton smoke.

Molefsky
freelance trombonist
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Nov 28, 2016, 07:36AM »

I'd actually like to see an aggressive AG. I wonder if Comey would fit the bill. We could see once and for all if there's any fire behind all that Clinton smoke.
Because it's only been investigated a dozen times before by multiple groups without finding any criminal wrongdoing. Those of course weren't "real investigations" like Trump's would be. It would be the best investigation. So great. And would find so many things, all her things, that she did so wrong. I mean, she's crooked hillary.

Most recently, Trump has said he isn't looking to pursue any further investigations against Clinton. And no need. She's no longer much of a political rival, and they were purely political investigations. If he looks to go down that road, Obama can simply grant her a full pardon on his way out to slam that door shut.
Molefsky

"Very old photo..."

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Nov 28, 2016, 07:37AM »

Because it's only been investigated a dozen times before by multiple groups without finding any criminal wrongdoing. Those of course weren't "real investigations" like Trump's would be. It would be the best investigation. So great. And would find so many thing, all her things, that she did so wrong. I mean, she's crooked hillary.

Most recently, Trump has said he isn't looking to pursue any further investigations against Clinton. And no need. She's no longer much of a political rival, and they were purely political investigations. If he looks to go down that road, Obama can simply grant her a full pardon on his way out to slam that door shut.

Which is why we should wait until Trump is sworn in. What's wrong; you afraid they'll find something?

Molefsky
freelance trombonist
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Nov 28, 2016, 07:42AM »

Which is why we should wait until Trump is sworn in. What's wrong; you afraid they'll find something?
You mean in the 13th investigation that was the blatant smoking gun somehow never found in the first 12? No. Not unless it was planted by an investigation so in contempt of itself that it would seek to continue criminal investigations against a political opponent with no other evidence or motive than politics. 

However the tactic of using law enforcement and the justice system against political opponents is a tactic generally kept to the likes of african dictatorships. Some of us would like to keep it there.
Molefsky

"Very old photo..."

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Nov 28, 2016, 07:46AM »

You mean in the 13th investigation that was the blatant smoking gun somehow never found in the first 12? No. Not unless it was planted by an investigation so in contempt of itself that it would seek to continue criminal investigations against a political opponent with no other evidence or motive than politics. 

However the tactic of using law enforcement and the justice system against political opponents is a tactic generally kept to the likes of african dictatorships. Some of us would like to keep it there.

Two way street, unfortunately. Dictators inhibit legitimate investigations of their cronies ala Obama and Lynch. Wonder how many tarmac meetings we'll see the new AG have with Killary.

Molefsky
freelance trombonist
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Nov 28, 2016, 08:02AM »

Two way street, unfortunately. Dictators inhibit legitimate investigations of their cronies ala Obama and Lynch. Wonder how many tarmac meetings we'll see the new AG have with Killary.
Do you have anything to actually back up the claims against Obama and Lynch, or are you just taking the fake news stories you see hook line and sinker?
Molefsky

"Very old photo..."

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Nov 28, 2016, 08:14AM »

Do you have anything to actually back up the claims against Obama and Lynch, or are you just taking the fake news stories you see hook line and sinker?
That's what we'll be seeing if we get an aggressive AG now won't we.

Molefsky
freelance trombonist
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Nov 28, 2016, 08:18AM »

It's not a fake news story that the FBI granted immunity to Hillary's entire closest staff, then took possession of all their laptops, PCs too probably, and then didn't seek to have any of them turn on Hillary. In affect, destroying any key evidence that could have proven bad for Hillary. Yeah that kind of investigation. Others, she never answered any questions other than, I don't know, I don't remember, etc. blah blah blah.

So, if you consider that as true investigations, then I guess you're right. She has had her fair share of investigations. LOL!

The FBI treated Gen Patraeus a little differently, if I remember correctly.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Nov 28, 2016, 08:24AM »

OK.  Let's posit for a second that in fact there was some kind of collusion between DoJ and the Obama Administration.

If we find that is the case, what is the result?  The Presidency can't be repealed.  Any legislation passed has to go back through Congress.  Putting Obama or Hillary Clinton in jail won't undo anything they did.

This is a matter for Historians and the analysis of the future and not Chris Christie shouting "Lock Her Up".

Bruce Guttman
Molefsky

"Very old photo..."

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Nov 28, 2016, 08:29AM »

OK.  Let's posit for a second that in fact there was some kind of collusion between DoJ and the Obama Administration.

If we find that is the case, what is the result?  The Presidency can't be repealed.  Any legislation passed has to go back through Congress.  Putting Obama or Hillary Clinton in jail won't undo anything they did.

This is a matter for Historians and the analysis of the future and not Chris Christie shouting "Lock Her Up".
What exactly is your point? Why would I want to "undo" anything they did? We don't just not prosecute crimes because they can't be undone... can murder be undone?

Molefsky
freelance trombonist
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Nov 28, 2016, 08:37AM »

What exactly is your point? Why would I want to "undo" anything they did? We don't just not prosecute crimes because they can't be undone... can murder be undone?

If we spend a large amount of your taxpayer dollars on prosecuting somebody there has to be a goal to the prosecution.  And some kind of cost-benefit evaluation of why we should prosecute. 

At this point Hillary Clinton is not going to run for President again -- she was already too old this year.  Her political career is done.  So prosecuting her and getting her outside of the Political arena is useless.

If you want to go after the Clinton Foundation, that's an entirely different thing.  Maybe you want to discount all the internal work they do and claim they just are a "piggy bank" for the Clintons like the Trump Foundation has already admitted they are for Trump there might be some money to be recovered.

We imprison murderers because we are concerned they might murder again.  What would you expect Clinton to do again?

Bruce Guttman
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Nov 28, 2016, 08:39AM »

It might send the message that Democrats can be charged for their crimes?

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Nov 28, 2016, 08:40AM »

Well, no. You kinda need a reason to investigate people. Some type of suspected wrongdoing with some type of based level evidence or indication.

Otherwise, it sounds like you just fling out baseless and inflammatory claims. Odd coming from the guy always asking, "do you have anything to support that claim?" though not surprising.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Nov 28, 2016, 08:43AM »

It might send the message that Democrats can be charged for their crimes?

Ever hear of Rod Blagojevich?  He's spending a bit of time in the stir for his crimes.  What crimes do you think Hillary Clinton is guilty of besides being a Democrat and an Uppity Woman?

Bruce Guttman
Molefsky

"Very old photo..."

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Nov 28, 2016, 08:44AM »

If you want to go after the Clinton Foundation, that's an entirely different thing.  Maybe you want to discount all the internal work they do and claim they just are a "piggy bank" for the Clintons like the Trump Foundation has already admitted they are for Trump there might be some money to be recovered.

We imprison murderers because we are concerned they might murder again.  What would you expect Clinton to do again?
It's not an entirely different thing, it IS the thing we're talking about. Once again, we don't just prosecute people because they might do something again. Did we think Bernie Madoff was going to do it again? Do we think snowden would/could do it again? No, that's not how this works; that's not how any of this works.

Molefsky
freelance trombonist
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: