Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1086937 Posts in 71957 Topics- by 19229 Members - Latest Member: Alfred
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) Student and Feminist reaction to the election
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Student and Feminist reaction to the election  (Read 4355 times)
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Mar 06, 2017, 07:11PM »

Which changes nothing.
Well yeah... Your point is an unrealistic imagining of someone working to argue for the sake of arguing and still doing a poor job of it.

In the real world, we all are generally impacted by what we do in the past when trying for future opportunities.

So goes life.
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Mar 06, 2017, 07:43PM »

The point stands. He wasn't a candidate when he said it. Did you have an argument for that?

Wow! My comment must have stuck in your craw, months later.

I have a perfectly good argument for it--you're making my point for me. Either past history is a factor, or it's not.

If you're going to exempt people for comments they made when they weren't candidates, do it evenly. If you're going to hold people responsible for what they say, hold them responsible for what they've said lately. I was a dope when I was twenty, and I do my best not to still be one. Donald Trump was bragging about sexual assault when he was nearly my age.

Still, if someone wants to hold everyone responsible for everything they ever said in their life, without regard to what age they said it, I can't imagine how it would support your point. Trump was still keeping blacks out of his dad's apartments in his twenties.

But whatever standard you want to apply, just apply it evenly.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: