Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1063262 Posts in 70668 Topics- by 18562 Members - Latest Member: Mikkosh
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) Understanding isn't the problem ...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Understanding isn't the problem ...  (Read 5055 times)
elmsandr

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: Dec 20, 2016, 05:53AM »

Most politicians don't follow up their campaign promises with action. He (SS)is just saying let's see if his walk matches his talk, before sticking your head in the commode.

Funny, that actually isn't quite true.  Most politicians do try to enact their campaign promises and are pretty good at it by most measurements.  Of course, this is a measure of most politicians who are smart enough not to be too specific so that general action in that area can be scored as a positive.  Trump is not even close there...  How could one score whether or not we are "so sick of winning all the time"?

Cheers,
Andy

Andrew Elms
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: Dec 20, 2016, 07:13AM »

For the last 8 years Politifact has been rating some 500 campaign promises from Obama on something called the Obamameter.  To date he has just under 50% kept, and 25% each Broken and Compromised.  Starting next month the Obamameter gets replaced by the Trumpometer.

Of course Dusty is looking at only one promise and it didn't go his way, so Obama is a lousy President. :-P

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Section Ldr, Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch.
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: Mar 09, 2017, 06:53PM »

I can't believe that anyone would take that article serious.

I'm not surprised you dismiss it wholesale.

Born and raised in Texas, I see a lot of what is described in this article....in my immediate family, some of which who swear they aren't racist  - because they have some blacks who they work with. But their attitudes and beliefs are transparently obvious.

They are mostly Church of Christ two or three times a week service attendees, yet they hate and fear anyone who isn't Christian. And many of their actions and statements are hardly 'Christ-like'

I love them, but they have their collective heads up their a**.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: