Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1072820 Posts in 71168 Topics- by 18855 Members - Latest Member: Disco
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Faux Nuze  (Read 4583 times)
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 16, 2016, 02:15PM »

What happened to the condescending pseudo-intellectual comment that was here the other day?

It appears that post was removed. No point ... as the simple but unnecessarily obvious comment I wrote stated.

Is it that the disapproval was traumatic for you? Do you need someone to give you a hug emoji or something like that?

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2016, 02:22PM »

Anyone with a chipmonk sized brain can do a quick search and tell if news is fake? Really?

Of course you can.

You just define "fake" to mean that which I don't like (just don't put it that way of course) and you don't even have to do any searching, except for the fact that you have to do something in order to make it seem more plausible to yourself ... or if anyone starts to ask questions, of course, because you have to be able to claim something that's at least not overtly laughable, even though, as we've seen many times in here, the lack of any real, functional understanding of what is in fact overtly laughable can trip you up.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Dec 16, 2016, 02:29PM »

What happened to the condescending pseudo-intellectual comment that was here the other day?

The Baron erased all the content and I deleted the empty post.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Section Ldr, Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch.
badger

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Dec 16, 2016, 02:39PM »

This is an oldie but goodie!

Walter Cronkite’s reporting on Tet was sketchy at best, if not outright lies. 
His role in the Vietnam defeat was  reported as if it were a highlight of his career. Yet, his misreporting helped create the conditions for a premature U.S. military withdrawal, leading to the loss of the lives of 58,000 Americans in vain, not to mention the millions of additional deaths caused in Vietnam and Cambodia by the Communists.

Cronkite’s public verdict that the 1968 Tet offensive was a “defeat” for the U.S. was also seen as a turning point in American support for the war. Cronkite falsely claimed that the Vietcong had held the American embassy for six hours and that the offensive “went on for two months.” The facts show that Tet was actually a major defeat for the communist enemy.
Doghouse Dan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Dec 16, 2016, 04:19PM »

Dan, I don't expect anyone that is a leftist liberal agree with my choice, but Realclearpolitics has articles from both points of view. I read articles from all the sources that I listed, that is why I can say with confidence that they will support anything the democrats wish. They offered up nothing but opposition research on Trump in the general election, and ignored anything negative towards Hillary, except maybe a few softballs just to make it look even.

There is plenty of evidence out there, like the podesta emails for instance. They showed the collaboration of the media and the democratic party to make sure that Bernie wouldn't win the nomination. You would never know that this collaboration existed if you depended only on the news sources I mentioned.

I'm sure that is why some disgruntled liberals that were strong Bernie supporters leaked the emails to WikiLeaks to begin with. If they sent them to any of the ones I mentioned, the story would have been filed in file 13.

Interesting site, thanks for sharing that. I don't have the time right to look at it closely, but at first glance it appears to be more of an aggregating site than a news source. I will dig deeper soon.

In that context, I don't think you have identified the sources that lead you to your conclusions - the only sources that you have cited are ones with which you disagree.  For instance, on what are you basing your analysis of the "Podesta emails"?  Can you link me to a site or two? 

Dan Walker
I'm warning you - I have a trombone and I'm not afraid to use it...
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 16, 2016, 09:47PM »

Conservatives definitely didn't want Trump.

However, there has been a total opposition research published against Trump since the first debate.

This Podesto leak is truth revealed. It is a good thing that the voters get to be aware of truth regarding Hillary. If they chose not to vote for for Hillary because of the truth, then that is a positive thing. Right? Also, that is her fault.

She got caught cheating and rigging the primary. You guys still support her?

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 16, 2016, 10:06PM »

How did she rig the primary?  By usurping Bernie's ideas?  By campaigning against Bernie?  I didn't see any voting machine rigging or voter suppression.

Campaigns are called that because they are a form of war.  You are campaigning against the other candidates on the field and it's a war.  Any advantage you can gain legally is good.  That excludes getting debate questions in advance and I agree that was not kosher.  But it would not be enough to defeat the other candidates per se.

Republicans constantly harping on Benghazi, harping on Bill Clinton's infidelity, and the endless investigations into confidential information in 60,000 e-mails on her private server (yes, there were actually about a dozen).  This is what brought down Clinton.  She wasn't as pathological a liar as Trump, but he got away with it and she didn't.  Add to that her gender and the fact that she ran on Obama's record when there were still a lot of bigots out there who wanted to punish the "Uppity Ni**er" and Hillary was doomed.

I hope you Trump supporters are happy.  And also taking Russian lessons since we are going to be a SSR soon.

Not to mention all the A-Rab suicide bombers coming here because Trump's ambassador to Israel nominee wants to move the embassy to Jerusalem and help Israel annex the West Bank.  Guaranteed to make the Arab folks in the Middle East happy.

Bruce Guttman
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Dec 16, 2016, 10:50PM »

How did she rig the primary?  By usurping Bernie's ideas?  By campaigning against Bernie?  I didn't see any voting machine rigging or voter suppression.

Campaigns are called that because they are a form of war.  You are campaigning against the other candidates on the field and it's a war.  Any advantage you can gain legally is good.  That excludes getting debate questions in advance and I agree that was not kosher.  But it would not be enough to defeat the other candidates per se.

Republicans constantly harping on Benghazi, harping on Bill Clinton's infidelity, and the endless investigations into confidential information in 60,000 e-mails on her private server (yes, there were actually about a dozen).  This is what brought down Clinton.  She wasn't as pathological a liar as Trump, but he got away with it and she didn't.  Add to that her gender and the fact that she ran on Obama's record when there were still a lot of bigots out there who wanted to punish the "Uppity Ni**er" and Hillary was doomed.

I hope you Trump supporters are happy.  And also taking Russian lessons since we are going to be a SSR soon.

Not to mention all the A-Rab suicide bombers coming here because Trump's ambassador to Israel nominee wants to move the embassy to Jerusalem and help Israel annex the West Bank.  Guaranteed to make the Arab folks in the Middle East happy.

Your remarks are so laughable.

Energy City Big Band
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Dec 17, 2016, 04:51AM »

Your remarks are so laughable.

Here is the remark that is so laughable. THe amount of "opposition research" published against Trump was miniscule when compared to the volume of free, uncontested airtime he was given by all those "fake news" networks the bubble people so like to mindlessly demean.

However, there has been a total opposition research published against Trump since the first debate.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Dec 17, 2016, 06:20AM »

Interesting site, thanks for sharing that. I don't have the time right to look at it closely, but at first glance it appears to be more of an aggregating site than a news source. I will dig deeper soon.
Indeed. Though with an amazing (to me) amount of it coming not of news, but commentary, opinion, and editorials about the news of the day. Looking over the past few days, can't say that I really see a link that is actual news reporting about an event.

Conservatives definitely didn't want Trump.
Sure, as long as you ignore that conservatives push trump to be a large winner during the primaries early and often, to the point that they then got him nominated as their candidate, and then pushed him into office. They wanted Trump more than many bible based morals he so blatantly casts aside. So yes, as long as you ignore that they supported him through and through... of course they didn't want him.

Sure, as long as you ignore all the free airtime and advertising he received, often with his supporters going on air to defend and support him at a rate far far higher than anyone else in either party received.

This Podesto leak is truth revealed. It is a good thing that the voters get to be aware of truth regarding Hillary. If they chose not to vote for for Hillary because of the truth, then that is a positive thing. Right? Also, that is her fault.

She got caught cheating and rigging the primary. You guys still support her?
She got caught rigging the primary? Wasn't that the DNC that was found to give a bit more favoritism to clinton than sanders, not surprising since sanders wasn't actually of their party. And wasn't that the same thing the RNC tried to do to candidates not trump, such as Bush, who was well favored and expected to do well given his connections and support with the establishment. Interesting how the actions of others someone then become clinton's actions. And how perceived faults on one side are hammered, and yet the same on the other side are brushed off and excused.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Dec 17, 2016, 06:44AM »

In that context, I don't think you have identified the sources that lead you to your conclusions - the only sources that you have cited are ones with which you disagree.  For instance, on what are you basing your analysis of the "Podesta emails"?  Can you link me to a site or two? 

Here is one article from the leftist site Politico itself:

Podesta: 'I'm not happy about being hacked by the Russians'
By DANIEL STRAUSS 10/07/16 08:31 PM EDT

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/john-podesta-russian-hacking-229319

Energy City Big Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Dec 17, 2016, 06:53AM »

Here is the remark that is so laughable. THe amount of "opposition research" published against Trump was miniscule

"Trump Was Recorded in 2005 Bragging About Grabbing Women “by the P@$$y” posted as opposition research against Trump.

Megan Kelly on Fox News tore into Trump on the first primary debate, and I'm sure the liberals enjoyed every minute of it.

Whereas, Hillary was treated with kid gloves in the debates.

If Podesta's emails were no big deal, then what's with all this crying about Russia spoiling the election?

Energy City Big Band
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Dec 17, 2016, 06:56AM »

I'm curious DD, are you aware that Julian Assange had a talk show on a russian "news" channel? A channel that the russian government itself has said was of "core strategic importance", is funded by the russian government, and is generally considered more of a propaganda outlet than a source of journalism?

https://www.rt.com/tags/the-julian-assange-show/

ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Dec 17, 2016, 07:18AM »

I'm curious DD, are you aware that Julian Assange had a talk show on a russian "news" channel? A channel that the russian government itself has said was of "core strategic importance", is funded by the russian government, and is generally considered more of a propaganda outlet than a source of journalism?

https://www.rt.com/tags/the-julian-assange-show/

No I didn't.

If what Julian publishes is propaganda and has no truth, then why do the liberals worry about what he published? Podesta read the emails that were leaked, and he didn't say that the emails were inaccurate and just propaganda. Nobody has. Because it is truth. It's a sad commentary that our MSM journalists don't do their jobs and hold both parties accountable. They are in the tank for the leftist liberals and do nothing but cover for them.

And even more sad is the people don't even really they are being punked by the MSM.

Energy City Big Band
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Dec 17, 2016, 07:57AM »

No I didn't.

If what Julian publishes is propaganda and has no truth, then why do the liberals worry about what he published?
It's a sad commentary that you think only liberals should worry. Otherwise, that question seems to indicate an unfamiliarity with the word "propaganda". So here:

Definition of propaganda
1 capitalized :  a congregation of the Roman curia having jurisdiction over missionary territories and related institutions
2 :  the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person
3 :  ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause; also :  a public action having such an effect

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/propaganda

Podesta read the emails that were leaked, and he didn't say that the emails were inaccurate and just propaganda. Nobody has.
Umm.... check your own link about the story. Tweet from Podesta: "3. Don't have time to figure out which docs are real and which are faked..." ie, there are some real ones, yes, but not all.

So yes, he did say the emails were inaccurate.

It's a sad commentary that our MSM journalists don't do their jobs and hold both parties accountable.
Sounds like a commentary link from RealClearPolitics instead of any news or substance. Though I agree the main news sites failed... they went with viral reporting instead of actual content. However, that played to Trump's favor many fold over than Clitons'. We now have a reality show president elect as pushed by entertainment news.
Doghouse Dan

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Dec 17, 2016, 07:58AM »

Here is one article from the leftist site Politico itself:

Podesta: 'I'm not happy about being hacked by the Russians'
By DANIEL STRAUSS 10/07/16 08:31 PM EDT

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/john-podesta-russian-hacking-229319

Of course he's not happy.  I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with that link, which is nothing more than an iteration of some tweets by Podesta.  Do you have actual content of leaked emails, or can you point me to actual leaked content that would implicate Podesta in election rigging?

Dan Walker
I'm warning you - I have a trombone and I'm not afraid to use it...
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Dec 17, 2016, 08:28AM »

Is it propaganda when the details of the story are true?

Energy City Big Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Dec 17, 2016, 08:41AM »

Is it propaganda when the details of the story are true?

It's propaganda when the material is trying to convince you of a particular point of view.  You probably watch hours and hours of propaganda on television -- all of it trying to get you to buy something.  All advertising is propaganda.

You like sites like American Thinker because their propaganda is aimed at what you think.  I doubt Mother Jones would have similar propaganda, but often they have propaganda that is geared to the more Liberal among us.

The trick is to recognize when we are being bombarded with propaganda and when we are being given facts without slant and being asked to make our own decision.

Bruce Guttman
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Dec 17, 2016, 08:47AM »

If what Julian publishes is propaganda and has no truth, then why do the liberals worry about what he published?
It's a sad commentary that you think only liberals should worry.

It's more a demonstration of an utter lack of self-awareness and the rejection of one's own humanity (the complete failure to understand the nature of human brain ownership).

The most obvious answer is that there's a huge army of selectively vapid people who have been intensely trained from infancy that shirking all responsibility for what one believes is the highest virtue, and that defying such responsibility when it's too obvious to ignore is the highest demonstration of that virtue. Because people who are "successfully" raised with this intellectual "ethic" clearly either don't care what's real and true or have been trained to fundamentally re-define what that actually means, which is why defying intellectual responsibility is such an important ethic in this Alt-World they occupy.

If the rest of us had the option to not be intimately tied to this Army of Intellectual Dishonesty through our shared political setup we wouldn't care so much that they're so toxic to social, environmental, ethical and intellectual health, but we are--we can't just give them an island that they can completely destroy in every form and phase of human being without it effecting anyone else, so we have to care about even the most obvious and inane nonsense that shouldn't fool a remotely healthy 12 year old intellect into being so self-destructive, because as is painfully obvious to anyone whose view of the horizon isn't the walls of a small sand pit, their self-destructive, profoundly irresponsible intellectual posture has real world impact on everyone else, making it the most hostile form of hubris and narcissism that human nature can manage to accommodate, and it seems it can only manage to pull it off once it's sufficiently corrupted enough intellectually connected human grey matter.

Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Dec 17, 2016, 08:52AM »

It's propaganda when the material is trying to convince you of a particular point of view.  You probably watch hours and hours of propaganda on television -- all of it trying to get you to buy something.  All advertising is propaganda.

You like sites like American Thinker because their propaganda is aimed at what you think.  I doubt Mother Jones would have similar propaganda, but often they have propaganda that is geared to the more Liberal among us.

The trick is to recognize when we are being bombarded with propaganda and when we are being given facts without slant and being asked to make our own decision.

It's also important to be able to determine when the propaganda is aimed at a deceptive or an honest end. The Alt-Right just by-passes that whole issue by simply reframing it, and they've gotten so good at proactive perception that they can even fluidly, seamlessly navigate blatant and immediate self-refutations. This is when the corrupted group mind becomes seriously dangerous, as we're now seeing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: