Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1063719 Posts in 70749 Topics- by 18562 Members - Latest Member: Mikkosh
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumTeaching & LearningComposition, Arranging and Theory(Moderator: zemry) "Abendgebet" from Humperdinck's opera "Haensel and Gretel" for Trombone Trio
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Abendgebet" from Humperdinck's opera "Haensel and Gretel" for Trombone Trio  (Read 813 times)
Bcschipper

View Profile WWW
« on: Dec 05, 2016, 09:25AM »

My impression is that there is not too much free Christmas music. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) In Germany, during Christmas there are often performances of Engelbert
Humperdinck's opera "Haensel and Gretel". It contains a wonderful duet by Haensel and Gretel, when they are alone in the forest at night frightened by strange noises of wild animals and the wind. They sing a prayer. I tried to make it into a trombone trio, with trombones 1 and 2 being the kids and the bass trombone the "base". Of course it shouldn't be played like a heavy trombone section in a 4000 seat symphony hall but more like singing my 4 year old son into sleep (which by my own experience is quite possible with the trombone).

The trio can be found here http://faculty.econ.ucdavis.edu/faculty/schipper/humperdinck.pdf. It can be freely used under Creative Commons - Attribution.

If you like to hear the original, here is an example https://youtu.be/91h8uxAUOKI?t=25s.
cozzagiorgi
Schnädäräbänz!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2016, 04:24AM »

There is a very nice trombone quartet Arrangement of this Piece. But i cant remember the distributor. A german company...

I'm to bad to be a pro...
Bcschipper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2016, 12:05AM »

Thanks, found it.

Engelbert Humperdinck (1854 – 1921)
Abendsegen aus "Hänsel und Gretel" for Trombone quartet
Edited: Harald Kullmann
Publisher: Edition Crescendo
Editions-No.: ECR 9801
Price EUR 10.50
Pages: [1]   Go Up