Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087365 Posts in 72022 Topics- by 19245 Members - Latest Member: Cole Rausch
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Useful idiots"?  (Read 1351 times)
Bruce the budgie

"A burp is not a grace note."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 20, 2016, 10:35AM »

We've tried to do similar things to liberals. It just has never worked, it never takes off. You'll get debunked within the first two comments and then the whole thing just kind of fizzles out.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Dec 20, 2016, 11:09AM »

I think this is because Liberals look at news and try to determine its truth.  Alt-Right Conservatives (and maybe other Conservatives) look at news and if it agrees with their worldview they accept it.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Dec 20, 2016, 11:19AM »

I think this is because Liberals look at news and try to determine its truth. 

That's bad news. Liberals are wrong all the time, and if they are attempting to determine its truth, well what does that say about their skill of determining? Don't know

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2016, 11:33AM »

That's bad news. Liberals are wrong all the time, and if they are attempting to determine its truth, well what does that say about their skill of determining? Don't know

Please explain.  Are all Liberals wrong by definition (i.e. anybody who disagrees with me must be a Liberal) or are they simply cursed with bad diagnostic skills?  And if they are cursed with bad diagnostic skills, is it because they are not Conservative?

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Dec 20, 2016, 11:51AM »

Did you read Bruce the Budgie's article posted above? I've read several accounts of people who make fake news not for political reasons but just for money. In every case, they can't make money on pro-liberal fake news because they don't fall for it.

Short quote:
Coler says his writers have tried to write fake news for liberals but they just never take the bait.

Remember, when we talk about 'fake news', it doesn't mean 'news you disagree with'. It means news stories that someone made up out of whole cloth as a scam or hoax, either for a political gain or just to sell ad clicks. The one mentioned in the lede of this story was about a murder/suicide death of an FBI agent who leaked information that harmed Hillary, which had no basis in fact at all.

It was shared half a million times on Facebook, presumably not by gullible liberals.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: