Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1061072 Posts in 70663 Topics- by 18462 Members - Latest Member: Kernfishy
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumTown HallNotices from TTF Members(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama) Sam Burtis on faculty at COTA Jazz Camp, June 25–July 02, Delaware Water Gap, PA
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sam Burtis on faculty at COTA Jazz Camp, June 25–July 02, Delaware Water Gap, PA  (Read 235 times)
sabutin

"A professional freelance NYC lower brass player."

View Profile WWW
« on: Jan 06, 2017, 10:14PM »

Hello all...

Just a word about a wonderful jazz camp in the Pocono Mountains. There is a great jazz scene centered around the legendary Deer Head Inn jazz club in Delaware Water Gap, PA. About 50 years ago various NYC jazz musicians moved to that area, including Urbie Green, Phil Woods, Jerry Dodgion, Dave Liebman and a host of others. Their influence in the local school systems has been profound, producing so many fine young players who themselves have gone on to mastery. It's only a little more than an hour's drive from NYC and the country living is spectacularly good.

A jazz festival near the Deer Head has been in progress every summer for almost 40 years...the COTA Festival. (Celebration of the Arts) A jazz camp was added in 2007. It's a fine scene. I'll be teaching there along with many other people who are involved in jazz in that area. Check out the posters here and here for more info.

Many of the teachers at the camp are involved in the Deer Head Inn-based big band that Phil Woods founded, including myself. If you're looking for a good place to polish up your jazz skills...or if you know other people who might be interested...this is it.

New York-level musicians in the wonderful Pocono Mountains summer.

Hard to beat.

Get in touch with me for more.

Later...

S.

Visit <http://samburtis.com/>. Lots of information on that site in the form of articles plus a link to my method book "Time, Balance & Connections-A Universal Theory Of Brass Relativity" which includes several chapters of the book.
growlerbox
Just a clown with an axe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2017, 01:58PM »

Sounds amazing.  Wish I wasn't half a world away ...

If it's not worth doing, it's not worth doing well.
bonenick

"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2017, 02:58PM »

Sounds amazing.  Wish I wasn't half a world away ...

+1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: