Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1086745 Posts in 71922 Topics- by 19222 Members - Latest Member: adrienneg
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mike Olsen ball bearing rotors!  (Read 4522 times)
wgwbassbone

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jul 26, 2017, 08:52AM »

You are correct and I have two of the best trombone repair people in my area for that.  I am interested in what improvement the new Olsen rotary valve may make in a 42b similar to mine might make.
Good!
IMHO,  these valves take an already good valve section & horn up a couple of levels.  They are on par with Rotax/Hagmann/Tru-Bore/Greenhoe,  etc....

Another positive aspect is that when a new rotor is installed, especially on my bench, the entire valve section is rebuilt which ensures a carefully assembled bell with no stress and correctly fitting ferrules & joints.
And THIS is what makes a horn play incredibly well!!  Everything is solid & connected to resonate as a unit!

Also,  with his new valve,  he has incorporated an internal venting system that actually works to prevent the "puff" when you engage the valve as you are playing!!

Anything else?

Eric

Good!

Holton TR 180 MV 1 and 1/2G
John Thomas

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jul 26, 2017, 09:40AM »

Eric,

Thanks for your input.  This is the information I am looking for.  I will contact you in the next few days to visit about this.

My horn already has an open wrap and convertible bell that Eric Swanson did for me in the mid-80's.

John
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: