Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087077 Posts in 71981 Topics- by 19233 Members - Latest Member: Midnight1961
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bach Artisan Mouthpieces  (Read 2505 times)
savio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2017, 01:27PM »

Chris, have you tried it? Fancy name and fancy outside, but that's it? Well I'm just curious. It's been some time since it come out and I don't see many talk about it.
There will never be a "new Mt Vernon "

Leif

Bass Trombone - Conn, Holton
HouBassTrombone

"Just play because you love to."

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jan 20, 2017, 03:19PM »

It isn't trying to be a new Mount Vernon. It is just another piece to try. I didn't like the 1 1/2G but I don't play ithat size range, just another option.

Why am I not practicing?????
TromboneMonkey

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jan 20, 2017, 03:37PM »

It isn't trying to be a new Mount Vernon. It is just another piece to try. I didn't like the 1 1/2G but I don't play ithat size range, just another option.

I have to respectfully disagree, based on their marketing.

-John
blast

"Bass/Contrabass trombone, Scottish Opera."

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jan 20, 2017, 03:42PM »

I have not tried one. Don sent me a pic of it. Could be interesting... I have seen the 5G model.... bore and backbore are very tight.... I have a PHD piece that has a similar bore and backbore.... and obviously made from a Bach blank. I think some NY Bachs may have had these specs, but been designed to be opened out to the customer's requirements.

Chris Stearn

Still cannot think of anything better to do. Back on an old 1 1/2G again !
HouBassTrombone

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jan 20, 2017, 04:49PM »

From their webpage:
No other brand evokes more passion, loyalty, and respect than Bach Stradivarius. Exceptional tonal color, balanced response, and superb projection are the hallmarks of designs by Vincent Bach. Carrying on the legacy and true to the vision of the master craftsman, the makers of today's Bach Stradivarius proudly introduce the Artisan Collection. Skillfully handcrafted, Artisan culminates in a unique blend of classic design, elegant styling, and the signature Bach sound. Whether a passionate enthusiast or performing artist, experience The Artisan Collection and discover the Artisan within.

That doesn't seem to be marketing about being like New York or Mount Vernon. Just saying they are making quality products.

TromboneMonkey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jan 20, 2017, 06:17PM »

Literally every dealer website I can find has this description:

Going back to the Vincent Bach Vault in the design of New Artisan Mouthpieces

Drawing on the recent success of the Artisan trumpet collection, Vincent Bach is proud to announce the launch of a completely new line of trumpet, cornet, and trombone mouthpieces.  These Artisan mouthpieces are a tribute to the success of the legendary craftsman with design elements reminiscent of the 1920ís era models built in New York City.

-John
TromboneMonkey

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jan 20, 2017, 06:31PM »

From Hickeys:

For many years, manufacturers and individuals have produced copies of old New York and Mount Vernon Vincent Bach mouthpieces. The idea was to replicate early designs that were no longer available from Bach, models bypassed in favor of more modern dimensions. In the brass community, there has long been an affinity for these early models, and many have written accolades about performance improvements gained by using them. Now, Bach has gone back into the vaults and reproduced these famous designs direct from the original blueprints.

-John
TromboneMonkey

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jan 20, 2017, 06:38PM »

And here, on Conn Selmer's website it even says so. It also says they're based on "closely guarded" original mouthpieces that have been kept since Bach was alive.

Yeah, RIGHT. Yeah, RIGHT. Yeah, RIGHT.

http://www.conn-selmer.com/en-us/features/artisan-mouthpieces

-John
HouBassTrombone

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2017, 08:26PM »

Jeez.. you are right. I have never heard anyone say they are anything like the old pieces. Well no one who has played them...

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Jan 20, 2017, 08:32PM »

And here, on Conn Selmer's website it even says so. It also says they're based on "closely guarded" original mouthpieces that have been kept since Bach was alive.

Yeah, RIGHT. Yeah, RIGHT. Yeah, RIGHT.

http://www.conn-selmer.com/en-us/features/artisan-mouthpieces

They're in there with the KFC secret blend of herbs and spices and the Coca Cola formula.
Emisaumell

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Feb 06, 2017, 01:46PM »

I have the 5g version.. Love it. Combined the best of both worlds. Comfortable rim and a nice sound.
harrison.t.reed

"Spartan Brass Band!"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jun 19, 2017, 02:09PM »

They're in there with the KFC secret blend of herbs and spices and the Coca Cola formula.

Take it back. Not even the one off Minnick custom artist mouthpieces hold a candle to how special the KFC spice blend is!

"My technique is as good as Initial D"
T-396A - Griego 1C
88HTCL - Griego 1C
36H - DE XT105, C+, D Alto Shank
3B/F Silversonic - Griego 1A ss
pBone (with Yellow bell for bright tone)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: