Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1080509 Posts in 71509 Topics- by 19055 Members - Latest Member: MOS3
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 117   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Our unbalanced POTUS  (Read 71063 times)
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: Apr 23, 2017, 09:38PM »

I suppose Trump (or his advisors) might be thinking about Israel's success taking out the Osirak reactor. The Israelis also destroyed a Syrian nuclear installation at one point. I guess if the US can tell the N Korean workers are playing volleyball, it must know how difficult it would be to destroy the facility. But then Kim would just launch Scuds into downtown Seoul.

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: Apr 24, 2017, 08:06AM »

It seems the previous photo of this event inadvertently omitted some distinguished attendees.

Corrected version follows...

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: Apr 24, 2017, 07:57PM »

Not even 100 days in and we're already to "What didn't the President know and when didn't he know it? "

Robert Holmén

Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: Apr 25, 2017, 04:48AM »

Not even 100 days in and we're already to "What didn't the President know and when didn't he know it? "

What "Trump doesn't know" would fill an encyclopedia.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: Apr 26, 2017, 04:11PM »

Turns out that huge North Korea briefing wasn't so huge...

Senators Say Their White House Field Trip Didn't Clarify Trump’s North Korea Policy

Senators had one question remaining on Wednesday after visiting the White House for a briefing on the situation in North Korea: Why?

And one unnamed Republican senator told the Washington Post that senators did not get “straight answers on what the policy is regarding North Korea” during the briefing.

“Several senators asked specifically, ‘What is the policy?’ and the briefers gave us very, very few details,” the senator said.

Dem senator says Trump briefly showed at NoKo briefing, did his "ridiculous adjective" bit.

"about 80 sets of invisible eyes rolling"

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: Apr 27, 2017, 09:43PM »

Just when you thought he couldn't say anything more revealing of his foolishness...

Trump Says He Thought Being President Would Be Easier Than His Old Life

“I loved my previous life. I had so many things going,” Trump told Reuters in an interview. “This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”

Yeah, RIGHT.

Robert Holmén

BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: Apr 27, 2017, 09:44PM »

Just when you thought he couldn't say anything more revealing of his foolishness...

Trump Says He Thought Being President Would Be Easier Than His Old Life

Yeah, RIGHT.

Was there doubt?

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1007 on: Apr 27, 2017, 10:31PM »

Turns out that huge North Korea briefing wasn't so huge...

Senators Say Their White House Field Trip Didn't Clarify Trump’s North Korea Policy

Trump offers nothing of substance and sincerity. All bravado and empty promises.

And the worst thing is, enough people bought into to it get him where he is now.....and most of them are unwavering in their belief in him.

Scary
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: Apr 28, 2017, 05:39AM »

And the worst thing is, enough people bought into to it get him where he is now.....and most of them are unwavering in their belief in him.

Scary

The joys of moving toward philosophical approaches with the downstream being the impacts rather than moving towards concrete solutions for concrete problems with philosophy being the downstream impact.

When being guided by philosophy, it's a matter of faith... not data or reality.
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: Apr 28, 2017, 06:23AM »

Scary

I blame the coal miners. Used to be, the coal miners could stop the country by going on strike.  Today they derail it by voting for willful dumbness.

Robert Holmén

elmsandr

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: Apr 28, 2017, 08:05AM »

I blame the coal miners. Used to be, the coal miners could stop the country by going on strike.  Today they derail it by voting for willful dumbness.
Well, a lot of that is volume.  I haven't double checked this, but I saw reported that more people recently lost jobs in retail 89K than work in the entire coal industry.

Automation and competition, y'all. 
Andy

Andrew Elms
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: Apr 29, 2017, 01:41PM »

Clear, Frank Self-Assessment Dept...

Trump Declares His First 100 Days ‘Just About The Most Successful’ In History

In his weekly address to the nation, Trump said...

Damn, I didn't even know he was making weekly addresses.

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: Apr 30, 2017, 03:05PM »

It's only the First Amendment, it can't be too important, can it?

Priebus: Trump Considering Amending or Abolishing 1st Amendment

Which is more delusional... thinking he should abolish the 1st Amendment or thinking he could?

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 08, 2017, 10:57AM »

Can you imagine the absolute red-alert-24-hour-FOX News-bat guano-hysteria that would erupt if any of Obama's in-laws were found to be offering visas and US Citizenship in return for investments in their companies, even though it's technically legal?

...Mr. Kushner’s relatives are working feverishly to solicit overseas money for projects in the United States, and they are highlighting their ties to Mr. Kushner as they court investors.

On Saturday afternoon, Mr. Kushner’s sister Nicole Meyer made a pitch to attract $150 million in financing for a Jersey City housing development, known as One Journal Square, to more than 100 Chinese investors gathered at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Beijing.

The money would be provided through a much-criticized government program known as EB-5 that awards foreign investors a path to citizenship in exchange for investments of at least $500,000 in American development projects.

Robert Holmén

BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 08, 2017, 12:06PM »

But it's OK because Mr. Kushner's family and his in-laws are good businessmen. ;-)

Still, the kleptocracy continues.   When are the Republican Faithful going to wake up?

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 08, 2017, 12:15PM »

When are the Republican Faithful going to wake up?

Not until the muddled opposition provides alternatives that the Trump supporters understand and that address some of their real concerns.  Until then, they will continue to accept the spin from the White House. 
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1016 on: May 08, 2017, 01:02PM »

Can you imagine the absolute red-alert-24-hour-FOX News-bat guano-hysteria that would erupt if any of Obama's in-laws were found to be offering visas and US Citizenship in return for investments in their companies, even though it's technically legal?

That has me seeing red. If no republicans step up and call this into question, I have lost all faith in the system. This is complete and utter bullsh*t
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 08, 2017, 02:33PM »

I'm just talking off the top of my head without research because I'm too lazy right now to go digging,
but it sounds like you guys are against foreigners who are willing to come to our country and invest millions of dollars providing jobs to Americans, but are open to the idea of opening up our borders to low skilled workers, or no skilled workers, or terrorists, that will only be 'takers'.

Since you guys love open borders, then instead of Trump offering visas to Chinese investors, why don't the Chinese investors just come across our open borders and do what they want to do anyway?

I'm tired. I'll research this later.  :)

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1018 on: May 08, 2017, 03:30PM »

I'm just talking off the top of my head without research because I'm too lazy right now to go digging,
but it sounds like you guys are against foreigners who are willing to come to our country and invest millions of dollars providing jobs to Americans, but are open to the idea of opening up our borders to low skilled workers, or no skilled workers, or terrorists, that will only be 'takers'.

Sigh

Once again you completely miss the point.

Someone with a connection to Trump (via of son-in-law) makes promises of green lighting Visa applications, yet she is not working for the Immigration dept (or any other government office).

How can you not think this is improper?

Bottom line, are you okay with it?

A simple yes or no will suffice

Yeah, RIGHT.
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 09, 2017, 10:48AM »

I'm just talking off the top of my head without research because I'm too lazy...

I think it's important that a government that claims its legitimacy from  being of the people, by the people, for the people, is genuinely devoting its time and energy to the well-being of the nation rather than devoting its attention to loopholes that may be mined for the financial benefit of certain officials and their families.

Foreign investment to create US jobs?  That's great.

But if that is what is called for there are certainly other US concerns with better track records of successful development projects with fewer catastrophes and billion-dollar bankruptcies than the Trump family.

Those non-Trump US citizens who have run their businesses competently are being put at an unfair disadvantage in the competition for foreign capital because they don't have a private line to the visa and immigration departments that the Trump family is now exploiting.

Our economy is supposed to reward competence and results, not insider connections.

Robert Holmén

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 117   Go Up
Print
Jump to: