Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1066416 Posts in 70880 Topics- by 18685 Members - Latest Member: MattG1116
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Our unbalanced POTUS  (Read 28547 times)
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 10, 2017, 10:05AM »

Talk about living in a fantasy world!
Spoken like one who has been under republican governance for quite some time...
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 10, 2017, 10:13AM »

I'm still inclined to think that there isn't anything more than some stunning personal embarrassment for Trump at the bottom of this, like... us finding out he isn't really a billionaire, but that he is so petty and vindictive that, yeah, he'd fire an FBI director just to stop that from coming out.

Maybe I'm just too attached to the media image he created for himself in his TV years.

There is the suggestion floating out there currently that Comey was getting to be too big of a name and getting too high of a news profile.

Nikki Haley was listed as a similar instance where her actions at the UN were getting a good amount of positive praise and her profile was growing, to which Trump "joked" that he could fire her, and she hasn't been visible since.

That said, the whole... these guys recommended that you be canned, btw, thanks for saying I wasn't being investigated... just as the grand jury indictments came for flynn and comey was asking for more funds and resources to investigate the russia connection... Just too fishy for me to blame ego.
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 10, 2017, 10:31AM »

There is the suggestion floating out there currently that Comey was getting to be too big of a name and getting too high of a news profile.

Nikki Haley was listed as a similar instance where her actions at the UN were getting a good amount of positive praise and her profile was growing, to which Trump "joked" that he could fire her, and she hasn't been visible since.

I think that's why we don't hear much from Bannon lately, too.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 10, 2017, 11:01AM »

The money laundering angle sounds most plausible to me.

If it's true then Trump would be "compromised" by the Russians, who would be the ones who have proof of it, even if it's just private Russian businessmen that he was doing the favor for.

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 10, 2017, 01:32PM »

If it's true then Trump would be "compromised" by the Russians, who would be the ones who have proof of it, even if it's just private Russian businessmen that he was doing the favor for.

His tax returns would show at least some of the proof of it. The main reason he refuses to disclose them.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
BillO
Trying to be better.

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 10, 2017, 08:07PM »

A lot of speculation goin' on here.

It's fun but not demonstrative.  However, keep it up ...

The situation is precarious, and this invites speculation ... and imagination.  Let's hope the right people with the right power do some imaginative thinking here and use it to uncover whatever it takes to get rid of this orange haired puss ball.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 10, 2017, 09:48PM »

At a time when Trump was in deep doodoo financially, a Russian oligarch bought a mansion from him in what's reputed to be the highest priced home sale in US history. He never occupied the home, and eventually tore it down. That smells of money laundering to me.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 10, 2017, 09:50PM »

I think that Putin is holding something over Trump, and is forcing him to take out all the members of our government, one by one.

Our government will be turned into a Russian Parliament.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 10, 2017, 10:15PM »

I regard the following as wild, unproven, internet stuff, but that's been good enough for Donald Trump...

EXCLUSIVE: Comey Day: ‘First Trump Russia Arrests Possible’ Thursday

Robert Holmén

Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 11, 2017, 12:31AM »

I regard the following as wild, unproven, internet stuff, but that's been good enough for Donald Trump...

EXCLUSIVE: Comey Day: ‘First Trump Russia Arrests Possible’ Thursday

I'll take a dim view of an article that refers to Trump's firing of Comey as 'unconstitutional.'

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: May 11, 2017, 12:43AM »

I'll take a dim view of an article that refers to Trump's firing of Comey as 'unconstitutional.'

I blame Trump and his poor example in the use of that same word.

Robert Holmén

BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 11, 2017, 03:14AM »

I think that Putin is holding something over Trump, and is forcing him to take out all the members of our government, one by one.

My goodness.  We actually agree on something!

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Section Ldr, Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch.
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 11, 2017, 06:41AM »

I have to wonder about all of the right wing opinion news saying, "what's the problem? Trump has the authority to do what he did. He did it. That simple. Timing and reasons are up to the president are do not need to be justified."

To be clear, he has the authority to do a lot of things as president, including nuking the entire middle east. However, at no point is any of that authority beyond the realm of question, nor is any of it absolute and can be wielded at any time for any reason with no repercussions.

And these are the very people that questioned EVERYTHING, including a great deal of made up things, about the last president? Is the GOP truly at a point that morals and standards and accountability are simply something that exists to attack the other guy and they need none themselves?
BillO
Trying to be better.

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 11, 2017, 07:21AM »

Don't you mean Politbyuro?

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 11, 2017, 08:45AM »

Is the GOP truly at a point that morals and standards and accountability are simply something that exists to attack the other guy and they need none themselves?

Is that a rhetorical question? The Magic Eight Ball says, "YES".

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 11, 2017, 09:38AM »

Not from the Onion...

Trump Records Senate Hearings So He Can Replay And Make Fun Of Them Later

Robert Holmén

B0B

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 11, 2017, 11:07AM »

So... a couple thoughts....

Seems like Trump really was getting jealous or threatened by comey's profile... (which helps account for at least part of the reasoning)
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-showboat-fbi.html?ref=politics
In his first extended comments on a move that has roiled Washington, Mr. Trump castigated Mr. Comey, calling him “a showboat” and “a grandstander” who had created turmoil at the bureau. But the president’s description of his decision-making process conflicted with the account provided previously by his aides.

The White House previously said that Mr. Trump acted only after Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod S. Rosenstein came to him and recommended that Mr. Comey be dismissed.

In the letter dismissing Mr. Comey that Mr. Trump signed, it said he was acting on their recommendation. But in an interview with NBC News on Thursday, Mr. Trump said, “I was going to fire regardless of recommendation.”

Second... he really is the worst enemy of his own messaging. It's like when a judge put a hold don trump's travel ban, not so much for it's content but for what trump had said about it... to which trump publicly confirmed in statements later that night that the judge was right. All while trying to attack him.
elmsandr

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 11, 2017, 12:04PM »

So... a couple thoughts....

Seems like Trump really was getting jealous or threatened by comey's profile... (which helps account for at least part of the reasoning)
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-showboat-fbi.html?ref=politics
Second... he really is the worst enemy of his own messaging. It's like when a judge put a hold don trump's travel ban, not so much for it's content but for what trump had said about it... to which trump publicly confirmed in statements later that night that the judge was right. All while trying to attack him.

It really is impressive that he can put his foot in his mouth while his head is so far up his own rear. 

It causes every member of his entourage to lose all credibility, even if they are telling the truth, because he will just undercut them moments later.

Cheers,
Andy

Andrew Elms
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 11, 2017, 12:30PM »

Not from the Onion...

Robert Holmén

Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 11, 2017, 02:55PM »

I have to wonder about all of the right wing opinion news saying, "what's the problem? Trump has the authority to do what he did. He did it. That simple. Timing and reasons are up to the president are do not need to be justified."

To be clear, he has the authority to do a lot of things as president, including nuking the entire middle east. However, at no point is any of that authority beyond the realm of question, nor is any of it absolute and can be wielded at any time for any reason with no repercussions.

And these are the very people that questioned EVERYTHING, including a great deal of made up things, about the last president? Is the GOP truly at a point that morals and standards and accountability are simply something that exists to attack the other guy and they need none themselves?

The plain and depressing illustration of it is how much more statesmanlike the congressional GOP was during Watergate.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59   Go Up
Print
Jump to: