Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1083568 Posts in 71818 Topics- by 19123 Members - Latest Member: AU Tico
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 ... 124   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Our unbalanced POTUS  (Read 78001 times)
Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: Sep 19, 2017, 02:17PM »

president ... showing off his world class statesmanship, threatened North Korea's 'rocket man' with the total destruction of his country in front of the United Nations General Assembly today.

I guess this is what passes these days in Washington, D.C. for "diplomacy."

By the way, 8 months into Trumps presidency, we still have no Ambassador to South Korea - and apparently have little idea of that country's concerns or ideas about the North Korea "situation!"
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: Sep 19, 2017, 02:34PM »

So, that idiot president of yours, showing off his world class statesmanship, threatened North Korea's 'rocket man' with the total destruction of his country in front of the United Nations General Assembly today.

Confused Yeah, RIGHT.

Our "so-called" President is an imbecile. He is isolating us on the world stage, and making us look like the arrogant, school-yard bully he is. Americans should watch the movie "Open Range". Drumpf is acting like the cattle rancher in that movie. It did not turn out well for him.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: Sep 19, 2017, 03:34PM »

A complete and total embarrassment to your country is Donald. Sad.

From the Toronto Globe and Mail:

"Now we are calling for a great reawakening of nations. For the revival of their spirits, their pride, their people and their patriotism. History is asking us whether we are up to the task. Our answer will be a renewal of will, a rediscovery of resolve, and a rebirth of devotion. We need to defeat the enemies of humanity and unlock the potential of life itself … The ancient wish of every people, and the deepest yearning that lives inside every sacred soul."

That steely talk of vengeful national will and angry patriotism, devoid of any scent of democracy or international co-operation, salted with praise for Saudi autocrats, coupled with a genuine threat to withdraw from the climate and nuclear-peace treaties that have kept the world safe from its worst futures, was all too familiar to many of the leaders seated in New York on Tuesday. They know this sort of language from their own 20th-century history – it was precisely the sort of language whose fearsome outcomes led to the creation of the United Nations."

Sounded like Il Duce.
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: Sep 19, 2017, 05:46PM »

The UN is one of the major bęte noires of the right wing, religious right and alt-right.  World government! Loss of sovereignty! Black helicopters!

Talking tough at the UN is giving them all wet dreams now, but I don't know that any of it will translate into actions or policies just because he said it at the UN.

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: Sep 21, 2017, 07:03AM »

:D

John Kelly Looked Uncomfortable During Trump’s UN Speech

Robert Holmén

gregs70

View Profile
« Reply #2325 on: Sep 21, 2017, 05:05PM »

I have disagreed with almost everything Trump has said or done, but I have to admit I agree with his effort to impose sanctions on North Korea and get the Chinese to agree to it. 

I'm not a total idiot - there are still a few pieces missing!

King 3B-F, King 4B-F, Holton TR-180
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: Sep 21, 2017, 06:00PM »

I have disagreed with almost everything Trump has said or done, but I have to admit I agree with his effort to impose sanctions on North Korea and get the Chinese to agree to it. 

Is anyone other than the Chinese
opposed to this?
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: Sep 21, 2017, 06:40PM »

And as a bonus, since he's doing it all with executive orders, we know that all that crying about Obama using EOs was BS.

I suspect that if any of them get tested in court some/many will be overturned but, hopefully, the court cases are far enough away to give them time to work.

On the other hand, that probably means years.

Robert Holmén

Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: Sep 22, 2017, 04:29AM »

Nobody has come up with a better description of Drumpf than Kim Jong Un. "DOTARD" It is perfect!

Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: Sep 22, 2017, 06:13AM »

And as a bonus, since he's doing it all with executive orders, we know that all that crying about Obama using EOs was BS.

Technically no--it's just now been solidly confirmed, again--perhaps a bit more clearly than most previous confirmations though.

We've known this since the first GOP tantrum over it, and it was confirmed to those who can think at all critically about it, and now it's confirmed clearly enough so that even maybe a few dozen or so of those who are still managing to pretend they can't see any of this are no longer able to deny it. But I'm pretty sure the other 99.99...% of those who are (allegedly) successful at not seeing it remain unaffected. Well, unaffected isn't quite right--it would be more accurate to say that even if it created dissonance for such people it was "just a drop of water in an endless sea"--or in other words, to whatever extent evidence actually had an effect on their thinking (after a fashion) they've at least been able to recover their denial. Many likely were simply unaffected though--pretending certainty and ignoring refutations and contrary evidence no matter how decisive is a way of life for extreme dogmatists (this is what intellectual cowardice is).

But yeah, you're still right--it's yet another clear demonstration of political hypocrisy ... which sadly isn't so different from saying a politician said and/or did something political. Granted the GOP are the real pros at this (they're even better at this than they are at strategic self-victimhood). Conservatives tend to be far better at not seeing things in general, especially inconvenient incongruencies and self-contradictions. It's rare to be extremely conservative without that special skill, for reasons that are just as obvious to rational conservatives as they are to the large majority of moderates and liberals and everyone else aside from many far right wing types.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: Sep 22, 2017, 06:50AM »

Nobody has come up with a better description of Drumpf than Kim Jong Un. "DOTARD" It is perfect!

Once king of the do-words, but now just a sad runner-up.

Robert Holmén

Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: Sep 22, 2017, 07:46AM »

Just saw this beautiful response......By sending so many Americans scurrying to their dictionaries, Un has now already done more for American education than Betsy DeVoss!

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: Sep 22, 2017, 08:57AM »

Many Baffled By Kim Jong Un’s ‘Dotard’ Insult To Trump In Unusual Statement

In 2014,
an unidentified North Korean defense commission spokesman ”called U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry a wolf with a “hideous lantern jaw,”

Well, that just seems insensitive.

Robert Holmén

Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: Sep 22, 2017, 09:10AM »

Just saw this beautiful response......By sending so many Americans scurrying to their dictionaries, Un has now already done more for American education than Betsy DeVoss!

Nice!

Good!

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: Sep 22, 2017, 12:08PM »

Michigwangi neukdari.

I don't speak Korean, but that just sounds like an apt description of Trumpuss.  Especially if spoken in venomous way.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: Sep 23, 2017, 11:11AM »

"Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a ***** off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!’” the president said at a rally at Huntsville’s Von Braun Center in support of Republican senator Luther Strange, who is running in a special GOP primary election next week to remain in the Senate seat vacated by attorney general Jeff Sessions."

Meanwhile:

"Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!”

sigh It just gets worse. Completely unbalanced. Why does Trump hate black people?

Edited to add:

Trump doubles down:

“If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL, or other leagues,” Trump tweeted, “he or she should not be allowed to disrespect our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem. If not, YOU’RE FIRED. Find something else to do!”
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2336 on: Sep 23, 2017, 12:51PM »

Like a couple of forum members (who seem to be like minded), Trump seems to actually enjoy being mean.
Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: Sep 23, 2017, 02:28PM »

Trump seems to actually enjoy being mean.

Mean?  Or just stupid?   Don't know
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2338 on: Sep 23, 2017, 02:36PM »

Mean?  Or just stupid?   Don't know

Both

His problem is, he is so prideful and so full of resentment towards everyone. And he doesn't want to take advice. Plus, he seems to always want to get even with people who he thinks have wronged him. Nothing Christian about him afaiac

An incompetent jerk.
badger

View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: Sep 23, 2017, 04:44PM »

FYI:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-tv-ratings-dropping-colin-kaepernick-49ers-boycottnfl-twitter-social-media-fans-politics-player-protests/1qtrec7b21cf11u70nodc10j0q

Don't know

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 ... 124   Go Up
Print
Jump to: