Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087323 Posts in 72015 Topics- by 19243 Members - Latest Member: CABurton159
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Our unbalanced POTUS  (Read 89580 times)
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: Oct 25, 2017, 08:04AM »

You assume there are grownups in the White House.  I'm not so sure.

You're just upset that Trump doesn't have a ballerina in his cabinet like Obama did.  :D

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: Oct 25, 2017, 09:29AM »

You're just upset that Trump doesn't have a ballerina in his cabinet like Obama did.  :D

I'm just upset that Trump doesn't have anybody in his cabinet who cares a whit about the Middle Class or the planet we are living on.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: Oct 25, 2017, 10:33AM »

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/clinton-campaign-dnc-helped-pay-for-work-on-dossier-about-russia-and-trump/

The whole issue that the demos created about Trump colluding with the Russians is blowing up bigly. This story is from the Seatle Times, not a GOP backed rag.

Perhaps you can explain how this is bad for the Democrats. It was assumed all the time that Trump's political opponents paid for the dossier, because it's opposition research, which is routine and not scandalous. The initial story (don't know if it's yet discredited) was that the work was started by Ted Cruz, and moved to the Dems after he dropped out of the race.

The important thing here is that they hired someone to investigate Trump and the Russians, as opposed to seeking campaign help from the Russians themselves, which Kushner has now admitted to.

Also, you're wrong that 'the Demos' created this situation. The initial investigations were mounted in the GOP-controlled House and Senate.

Well, you tried.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2643 on: Oct 25, 2017, 11:17AM »

Oh, Demos as in Democrats.  I thought he had misspelled Demons.  Eeek! Eeek! Eeek!

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: Oct 25, 2017, 11:35AM »

Ballerina?

What sort of slur is that?

elmsandr

View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: Oct 25, 2017, 12:01PM »

Perhaps you can explain how this is bad for the Democrats. It was assumed all the time that Trump's political opponents paid for the dossier, because it's opposition research, which is routine and not scandalous. The initial story (don't know if it's yet discredited) was that the work was started by Ted Cruz, and moved to the Dems after he dropped out of the race.

The important thing here is that they hired someone to investigate Trump and the Russians, as opposed to seeking campaign help from the Russians themselves, which Kushner has now admitted to.

Also, you're wrong that 'the Demos' created this situation. The initial investigations were mounted in the GOP-controlled House and Senate.

Well, you tried.
I believe that it was initially funded by a wealthy Jeb Bush donor, but that is off the top of my head.

The only thing that is interesting is that the one lawyer for the Clinton campaign lied about it.  Of course, they are jumping on the 'lie' not noticing that they will do everything in the world to tap dance away from that word for Trump and his surrogates.

Cheers,
Andy

Andrew Elms
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: Oct 25, 2017, 12:25PM »

The Democratic connection with financing the Russia dossier was reported a year ago. Before the election even.

There wasn't any shock about it back then. Now they're pretending they just found out.

Remember, it was Republican money that was really behind it all. Would not have happened without them.

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: Oct 25, 2017, 01:33PM »

Isn’t this the difference:

1. Trump and his minions didn’t get any dirt on Hillary from the Russians and lied about contacts with Russia.

2. The DNC did get dirt on Trump and turned it over to the FBI.

ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: Oct 25, 2017, 07:23PM »

Well, you tried.

I don’t know what you’ve been reading, but you’re nowhere close to what is going on.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: Oct 25, 2017, 07:54PM »

Oh, Demos as in Democrats.  I thought he had misspelled Demons.  Eeek! Eeek! Eeek!

I thought he was talking about one of Mars' moons. :-P

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: Oct 25, 2017, 07:57PM »

I don’t know what you’ve been reading, but you’re nowhere close to what is going on.

Maybe you could be more specific. There's nothing particularly new or surprising here. From the beginning, the 'pee tape dossier' was assumed to be financed by Trump's GOP and Dem electoral opponents, and there's nothing wrong with that.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: Oct 25, 2017, 08:42PM »

Right, he has an exotic danser in the Whithouse.  Meliana.  I like Meliana though,
 because she dislikes Grump.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: Oct 26, 2017, 08:58PM »

NAFTA: The fart of the deal:

“We’re asking two countries to give up some privileges that they have enjoyed for 22 years. And we’re not in a position to offer anything in return,” U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said in a Wednesday interview. “So that’s a tough sell.”
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: Oct 27, 2017, 02:05PM »

Detailed foreign affairs expertise...

Describing Mr Xi's elevation as something that "really virtually never happened in China", Mr Trump called the Chinese leader "a powerful man".

"People say we have the best relationship of any president-president, because he's called president also. Some people might call him the king of China, but he's called president."

Robert Holmén

slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2654 on: Oct 27, 2017, 03:16PM »

face palm. It would be like if I had the nerve to attempt to be conversational on the topic of nuclear science.

Trump is out of his league.
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: Oct 28, 2017, 11:11AM »

The latest faux scandal is Hillary or the DNC's supposed funding of the so-called Russian dossier. I'm seeing lots and lots of pro-Trump articles pretending this somehow undercuts the legitimacy of the Russian investigation. My more rabid friends are suggesting Hillary should be prosecuted over it.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why we're supposed to be scandalized by this. Apparently the Washington Free Beacon paid for the work on behalf of one of Trump's GOP primary opponents. Either the DNC or the Hillary campaign took over after the GOP candidate dropped out. This has been the story on the dossier since it was first revealed, so it's no surprise at all. And there's no allegation of wrongdoing on the part of any of the people who hired Fusion GPS.

The controversy is whether Hillary knew about it, but who cares? It's opposition research, which parties and campaigns do routinely. There was no collusion with the Russians--they hired a detective to investigate his ties to the Russians, which is just about the opposite of collusion.

Apparently John McCain got hold of the dossier and turned it over directly to the FBI. That's viewed as some sort of conspiracy (Trumpies hate McCain), but if you get an unsubstantiated document showing a possible crime in progress, what are you supposed to do except give it to law enforcement authorities?

I assume this is all a desperate attempt to create a distraction from the Trump's campaign now-admitted attempts to accept help from the Russians. What surprises me is how many people are stupid enough to fall for it.

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: Oct 28, 2017, 11:31AM »

It's all about discrediting the Mueller investigation.

Robert Holmén

Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: Oct 28, 2017, 11:36AM »

It's all about discrediting the Mueller investigation.

I get that, but how does it do that, and why do people believe that it does? If part of the evidence in the Trump investigation came from opposition research, that doesn't make it false, and it does nothing to impugn the other evidence in the case.

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: Oct 28, 2017, 01:01PM »

I get that, but how does it do that, and why do people believe that it does? If part of the evidence in the Trump investigation came from opposition research, that doesn't make it false, and it does nothing to impugn the other evidence in the case.

"That liar dossier is just a bunch of lies paid for by lying Hillary!" -->  "Any investigation of these lies just a political witch hunt started by the losing Democrats!" --> "The politically motivated charges by Democratic operative Mueller are all false!"

In the court of FOX public opinion that's all the logic you need to present.  It's what they want to hear to tell themselves, "Oh dear, its all just "swamp" politics!  :cry: "

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: Oct 28, 2017, 02:41PM »

You're going to see lots of headlines like "Charges Based on Discredited Dossier" and very little mention that the charges don't depend on the dossier, that they've been investigated for supporting evidence instead.

Robert Holmén

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134   Go Up
Print
Jump to: