Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087323 Posts in 72015 Topics- by 19243 Members - Latest Member: CABurton159
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 [134]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Our unbalanced POTUS  (Read 89578 times)
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: Oct 29, 2017, 09:54AM »

It's not enough to break his own promises, he has to break other people's promises...

Trump Admin Won’t Forgive All Debt For Students Defrauded By For-Profit Schools

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Associated Press has learned that the Education Department is considering only partially forgiving federal loans for students defrauded by for-profit-colleges.

That would mean abandoning the Obama administration’s policy of fully erasing that debt.

Tens of thousands of students deceived by now-defunct for-profit schools had over $550 million in such loans canceled completely under President Barack Obama.

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: Oct 29, 2017, 02:29PM »

“Never seen such Republican ANGER & UNITY as I have concerning the lack of investigation on Clinton,” the president wrote, floating as supposed Clinton scandals “the uranium to Russia deal, the 33,000 plus deleted emails, the Comey fix and so much more”.”

tweets Trump this am. Methinks he doth protest too much.

Why hasn’t he appointed special counsel to investigate Hilary? What’s Ken Starr doing these days?

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: Oct 29, 2017, 02:43PM »

What’s Ken Starr doing these days?

He's available! He had to quit his last job as Baylor University president.

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: Oct 31, 2017, 08:17AM »

Amusing Jimmy Fallon sketch...

Meet the monster of the news cycle.

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: Nov 01, 2017, 01:42PM »

Very reassuring that the Trump administration denies it supports human slavery, so in doubt we were about the previous administration's stand on that challenging issue.

Robert Holmén

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: Nov 02, 2017, 10:26AM »

The father-in-law from hell:

"Trump blames son-in-law Jared Kushner for Mueller’s widening Russia probe, report says

In a call Tuesday with former White House Chief Strategist Stephen Bannon, Donald Trump laid the blame for the expanding scandal surrounding Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian election interference squarely on Kushner’s shoulders, former Trump campaign aide Sam Nunberg reportedly said."

How is fixing the government and the middle East coming Jared?
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: Nov 02, 2017, 10:45AM »

I recall an article around inauguration time that compared and contrasted Chelsea Clinton and Ivanka Trump, both daughters of Presidential candidates, and both had married young Jewish men from successful business families.

Poor, Chelsea... her husband's career in hedge fund management hasn't had the golden touch!

But Ivanka, her husband is on the fast track to influence and power!

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: Nov 04, 2017, 09:53PM »

This was funnier back when we thought there was no way a guy who said this stuff could ever get elected President...

https://youtu.be/406KqNDgKuI
<a href="https://youtube.com/v/406KqNDgKuI" target="_blank">https://youtube.com/v/406KqNDgKuI</a>

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: Nov 08, 2017, 10:16AM »

Notes on the Dem's fairly good election night..

Virginia’s Election and Trump’s Whupping

• Defying virtually all expectations, Democrats flipped more than a dozen of the 100 seats in Virginia’s house of delegates and, pending final vote counts, may have won control of it.

• They won full control — legislature and governorship — in both New Jersey and Washington State.

• Maine’s Republican governor has repeatedly vetoed Medicaid expansion. Maine’s voters effectively overrode his veto, by referendum, in a landslide.

• Democrats won two traditionally Republican legislature seats in special elections in Georgia.

• Last night’s results continue a trend. Democrats have done startlingly well in special elections this year, often in conservative districts.

It wasn’t just that Democrats won up and down the ticket but which Democrats won, notes Time’s Charlotte Alter. “A trans woman beat the guy who introduced the bathroom bill. A gun victim’s boyfriend beat a delegate with an ‘A’ grade from the NRA. A civil rights lawyer who sued the police department just became the top prosecutor in Philadelphia,” she tweeted.

“With all the evidence in front of us, Democrats are slight favorites to retake the U.S. House in 2018,” argues FiveThirtyEight’s Dave Wasserman.

How Trumpworld reacted:

Sean Hannity, whose Fox show airs at 9 p.m. EST, devoted just six seconds of coverage — six seconds! — to the Virginia and New Jersey results, dismissing them as “not states Donald Trump won.” Hannity carried President Trump’s 34-minute speech to South Korea’s National Assembly live and in full.

“Pundits are calling Tuesday’s results a repudiation of Trump,” wrote Breitbart’s Joel Pollack. “It would be more accurate to point out that, once again, the Republican establishment came up short.” The website’s home-page headline echoed Trump’s late-night effort to distance himself from Gillespie’s loss, branding Gillespie a “Republican swamp thing.”

Throughout the campaign, Breitbart praised Gillespie for incorporating Trumpist messages.

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: Nov 08, 2017, 11:36AM »

Whose Team Is He On?

Yesterday news broke that President Trump had insisted his CIA Director Mike Pompeo meet with a former US intelligence analyst turned conspiracy theorist who says his independent analysis shows that the entirety of Russian interference in the 2016 election is a hoax...

The guy Trump made Pompeo meet with, Bill Binney, has frequently appeared on Fox News. But Russian bots and the Russian Foreign Minister is actively pushing precisely the same theory of what happened last year.

These actions aren’t inconsequential or merely retrospective. Russian efforts to tamper in US elections and sow division in American society continue apace. Repeatedly insisting to the people charged with preventing further intrusions that the first intrusion never happened can only be viewed as active complicity in future attacks. Sound alarmist? Sure. But think about it. If you keep telling the security guard that the break in the night before never happened and that they should just go home, what would you call that? Why he is doing this I can’t say. But what he is doing is demonstrably and on its face active assistance of future attacks. There’s no other way to put it.

Robert Holmén

bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2670 on: Nov 08, 2017, 02:53PM »

Don't see why anyone is surprised or upset at this.  I mean last November we elected a dictator for life.  It's just taking him longer than most to cull the opposition.  First he has to cull it in his party, then he can start on the Democrats and independents.

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: Nov 11, 2017, 09:37AM »

Briefly noted... Trump hit a new low of 33% approval in the Gallup poll on Oct. 29 although now he has surged back up to 37%

Don't see why anyone is surprised or upset at this. 

I will admit I am surprised.  I really thought he might get a bit more "center" after the campaign and back to the public face he presented in the 80s-90s.

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: Nov 11, 2017, 01:36PM »

Trump nominee...

Senate Panel Votes to Make Blogger With No Trial Experience a Federal Judge

Brett J. Talley has practiced law for less than three years. He has never tried a case — or even argued a motion.

But he does write a spirited, far-right blog: Shortly after the massacre at Sandy Hook elementary, Talley described Barack Obama’s proposal to expand background checks and restrict rapid-fire weapons as “the greatest attack on our constitutional freedoms in our lifetime.” One month later, he endorsed the idea that Americans “will have to resort to arms when our other rights — of speech, press, assembly, representative government — fail to yield the desired results.” During the 2016 campaign he derided the Democratic nominee as “Hillary Rotten Clinton.”

He also went to Harvard Law School, clerked for a couple of federal judges, and made a positive impression on Alabama senator Luther Strange.
President Trump looked over this body of work, and decided the 36-year-old was qualified for a lifetime appointment to the federal bench (the American Bar Association begged to differ).

Robert Holmén

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: Nov 12, 2017, 05:05PM »

From the Guardian:

Two former US intelligence chiefs have said Donald Trump poses “a peril” to the US because he is vulnerable to being “played” by Russia, after the president said on Saturday he believed Vladimir Putin’s denials of Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 [134]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: