Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087224 Posts in 72006 Topics- by 19242 Members - Latest Member: simonvd
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 ... 134   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Our unbalanced POTUS  (Read 89378 times)
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: Oct 12, 2017, 09:10AM »

He's getting more erratic every day. Crazy **** fast and furious now.

"The United States said Thursday it is withdrawing from UNESCO, the UN's cultural and educational agency, complaining about how it is run and about what Washington described as bias against Israel."

Meanwhile, he is eager to help out Californians affected by the wildfires, but is still dicking around Puerto Rico.
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2441 on: Oct 12, 2017, 11:03AM »

So now he's a communist and is proposing to confiscate property to pay off the debt? That's the only way I can see the math working on this.  :D

Trump Makes Puzzling Claim That Stock Market Gains Have Reduced The Debt

It is no surprise that T is a *****
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: Oct 12, 2017, 02:27PM »

I think Kim [unintentionally] nailed it: Dotard.

You're right.  Bat$hit crazy.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: Oct 13, 2017, 07:54AM »

Now I hear he's issued an executive order to squash Obama Care and stop payments to insurance companies.  Where does that level the folks that signed up for it?

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: Oct 13, 2017, 07:55AM »

And in unbalanced supporting-cast news...

Interior Secretary Zinke Has A Flag Raised When He’s At HQ

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: Oct 13, 2017, 08:14AM »

Now I hear he's issued an executive order to squash Obama Care and stop payments to insurance companies.  Where does that level the folks that signed up for it?

screwed, basically.

Trump's plan is to work to disable Obamacare and hurt the people that need it, and if they hurt enough... then maybe the democrats will care enough to come to the table and agree to the GOP plan, just to get SOMETHING other than the failing mess. But the bullying tactic really doesn't make much sense. If he destroys health care with complete republican control of congress AND the republicans fail to pass their own, then they take full ownership of the failure. At the same time, the GOP healthcare plan is not to help people but taxcuts and fulfilling an empty campaign promise. So for the dems, the GOP takes the political fall, and the people won't be helped by acquiescing... so why would they join Trump or the GOP in their healthcare efforts?

That said, it speaks quite loudly how much he actually cares about those impacted if he thinks their suffering is his leverage.
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: Oct 13, 2017, 08:17AM »

The Atlantic Confirms It: We Are Living In A Kakistocracy

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: Oct 13, 2017, 08:53AM »

It appears he's done two things. One is allowing cheap policies. These are likely to either provide minimal coverage or charge insufficient premiums (or both). The second is to reduce subsidies to insurance companies, which will mean such companies will not be able to pay claims and will go out of business.

This seems a little like Peronism. It plays well for his supporters - at least on the surface - but seems to be unsustainable and will certainly lead to the Obamacare system failing.
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: Oct 13, 2017, 10:29AM »

We’re Tracking the Ways Trump Is Scaling Back Obamacare. Here Are 12.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/12/us/trump-undermine-obamacare.html

Including the advertising budget for Obamacare to create youtube videos saying it is failing and twitter infographics campaigning against it (with full dhhs logo included)...
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: Oct 13, 2017, 10:45AM »

It's almost as if some foreign power had installed a puppet government devoted to creating a failed state.

Robert Holmén

Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: Oct 13, 2017, 11:18AM »

And in unbalanced supporting-cast news...

Interior Secretary Zinke Has A Flag Raised When He’s At HQ

Heather Swift, a spokesperson for Zinke, told the Post [the 'secretarial flag'] was a “major sign of transparency.”

“Ryan Zinke is proud and honored to lead the Department of the Interior, and is restoring honor and tradition to the department, whether it’s flying the flag when he is in garrison or restoring traditional access to public lands,” she said.

"IN GARRISON?"  Really?  At the Interior Department building?  The inmates really have taken over the asylum! 
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: Oct 13, 2017, 12:53PM »

On Trump's decision to end the Iranian deal

Trump Has No Plan on Iranian Nukes

President Trump straight up lied in his speech today on ‘decertifying’ the Iran nuclear deal. He said: “The Iranian regime has committed multiple violations of the agreement.” This is not true. The US, the Europeans, outside observers, the inspectors all agree that Iran is meeting the conditions of the deal. If Iran were violating the deal, all of this drama wouldn’t have been necessary. Trump could have just canceled the deal without any need to justify the decision. He would have had broad support for doing so. That’s the bind he’s been in. The Iranians are keeping their end of the bargain. So Trump really hasn’t had a good rationale – legal or geopolitical – for getting out.

What we see here really looks like Bush administration policy on North Korea in the first years of this century. The Clinton administration had a deal too. It was sort of still born. The GOP Congress hobbled it from Capitol Hill and cut off funding for it. There’s evidence – though it wasn’t that rock solid – that the North Koreans started violating the agreement in the late Clinton years. For all that though, the nuclear weapons program we’re now so concerned about and which has produced numerous nuclear weapons, was shuttered.

The Bush foreign policy team decided that deal was appeasement and basically forced a complete breakdown of the deal. They would not tolerate North Korea getting a nuclear weapon. No appeasement, no payoffs, no cowering. Only they had no actual plan for how to do that. In 2006, North Korea detonated its first nuclear device.

Bush loved the optics of talkin' cowboy-tough but wouldn't do the homework to back it up.

Sound like anyone we know today?

Robert Holmén

BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: Oct 13, 2017, 02:04PM »

I just see no upside to reneging on the Iran Nukes deal.

Am I missing something?

Trump goes on like it's actually costing the US something by calling it the worst deal ever made.  Is there any truth to this at all?

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: Oct 13, 2017, 02:08PM »

Am I missing something?

It's another chance to stick it to Obama. That's what his circle tells him.

Robert Holmén

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: Oct 13, 2017, 04:35PM »

The dotard's Saudi pals (remember them? They destroyed the WTC) are happy as hell to stick it to Iran.
gregs70

View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: Oct 13, 2017, 05:45PM »

How is going back on the nuclear agreement with Iran going to make North Korea trust that we will abide by any agreement we might make with them?  Just sayin'...

I'm not a total idiot - there are still a few pieces missing!

King 3B-F, King 4B-F, Holton TR-180
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: Oct 13, 2017, 06:01PM »

Why would anyone trust Trump?
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: Oct 14, 2017, 10:16AM »

Am I missing something?

Trump goes on like it's actually costing the US something by calling it the worst deal ever made.  Is there any truth to this at all?

No, no truth. It was implied in conservative coverage of the deal that we were giving the Iranians a whole bunch of money. We did not. We unfroze some of their own assets and eased trade restrictions.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: Oct 15, 2017, 02:44PM »

Groping in the news again...

Trump Accuser’s Attorneys Subpoena His Campaign For All Related Documents

Lawyers for former “Apprentice” contestant Summer Zervos, who alleged in October 2016 that Donald Trump inappropriately kissed and groped her years earlier, served a subpoena on Trump’s campaign asking that it preserve all documents about Zervos and the other women who accused Trump of sexual misconduct.

Trump’s lawyers have sought to dismiss Zervos’ lawsuit. In July, they claimed the subpoena was “far reaching” and “intended solely to harass” Trump.

Getting the courts to say it was OK to sue a sitting President during the Clinton years is coming back to haunt the GOP.

Robert Holmén

Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: Oct 15, 2017, 02:57PM »

Groping in the news again...

Trump Accuser’s Attorneys Subpoena His Campaign For All Related Documents

Getting the courts to say it was OK to sue a sitting President during the Clinton years is coming back to haunt the GOP.

Having committed relatively recent sexual assault says nothing bad about an authoritarian president's character anyway ... this is just more nothingburgers.

LOL

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 ... 134   Go Up
Print
Jump to: