Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087129 Posts in 71987 Topics- by 19235 Members - Latest Member: Grandpa Trashville
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Neo-Fascist Claptrap!  (Read 1690 times)
« on: Mar 18, 2003, 06:58PM »

"Liberating Iraq"--Here we go again.  Same old reasons, same old story, why we want to do something so hideous and destructive.
Our Jack-booted thugs against theirs--I am  so    weary of the lies, propaganda that BOTH sides spew.  
So many words, so little logic and respect for history; this is what I see.
We actually listen to military people spout off their toxic reasons.
All the while knowing full well that the military has never been a source of intellectual thought, or anything else except the force of arms.
Let us cease listening to these warring jackals who suck at the guts of their fellow men, and bestow a NOBLE reason for doing so.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2003, 03:59AM »

quote:
Originally posted by tim scemo:
All the while knowing full well that the military has never been a source of intellectual thought, or anything else except the force of arms.

(Oh man, why am I getting into this ridiculous, wrong-brained argument?)

No intellectual thought in the military? Are you kidding me? Need I remind you that the very medium we are using to communicate - the Internet - was invented by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency?

Also I, like fellow forum member Greg Waits, used to work at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. That happens to be one of the leading engineering schools in the nation. Here are a few notable graduates:

- SYLVANUS THAYER - originated technical education in America

- BENJAMIN L.E. BONNEVILLE - explored and mapped the Great Salt Lake and the Green, Snake, Salmon and Yellowstone Rivers

- GEORGE WASHINGTON WHISTLER - an eminent civil engineer, Whistler was chosen by the Czar of Russia to build a railroad from Moscow to St. Petersburg.

- OLIVER O. HOWARD - founder and president of Howard University.

- GEORGE WASHINGTON GOETHALS - builder of the Panama Canal

- ANTONIO BARRIOS - the Academy’s first international cadet to graduate, went on to serve as Guatemala’s minister of public works.

- DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER - President of Columbia University and President of the United States

- RUEBEN POMERANTZ - served as the Special Assistant for Science and Technology, U.S. Department of Commerce, from 1962-69. 

- WESLEY W. POSVAR -  a Rhodes scholar, served as chancellor of the University of Pittsburgh from 1967-91.

- FRANK BORMAN - An astronaut from 1962-70, Borman commanded the first circumlunar flight of the earth.  He later served as president of Eastern Airlines.

- EDWIN E. "BUZZ" ALDRIN - An astronaut from 1963-72, Aldrin participated in the first manned lunar landing with Michael Collins, class of 1952, and was the second man to walk on the moon.

- MICHAEL COLLINS - An astronaut from 1964-70, Collins served with Aldrin during the first manned lunar landing.  During the mission, he served as the command module pilot.  He later served as the director of the National Air & Space Museum.

- EDWARD WHITE II - An astronaut from 1962-67, White was the first man to walk in space.

- RANDOLPH V. ARASKOG - Araskog served as president and chairman of ITT Communications from 1979 and later as chairman and CEO from 1995-98.

- JAMES V. KIMSEY - Kimsey was the founding chairman of American On Line, and in 1996 was named their chairman emeritus. 

Those are a few notables from JUST ONE element of the U.S. military.

You think there's no intellectual thought going on the military? Do your homework before spouting such ridiculousness.
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2003, 04:39AM »

Oh dear. I was hoping that no-one would respond to this one.

I'll be watching it very carefully.

Christine (red hot - that's what!)
christine.woodcock@gmail.com
In vodka veritas
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2003, 04:46AM »

quote:
Originally posted by Dale Cruse:

quote:

No intellectual thought in the military? Are you kidding me? Need I remind you that the very medium we are using to communicate - the Internet - was invented by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency?

Also I, like fellow forum member Greg Waits, used to work at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. That happens to be one of the leading engineering schools in the nation. Here are a few notable graduates:

- BENJAMIN L.E. BONNEVILLE - explored and mapped the Great Salt Lake and the Green, Snake, Salmon and Yellowstone Rivers

- GEORGE WASHINGTON WHISTLER - an eminent civil engineer, Whistler was chosen by the Czar of Russia to build a railroad from Moscow to St. Petersburg.

- ANTONIO BARRIOS - the Academy’s first international cadet to graduate, went on to serve as Guatemala’s minister of public works.

- DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER - President of Columbia University and President of the United States

- RUEBEN POMERANTZ - served as the Special Assistant for Science and Technology, U.S. Department of Commerce, from 1962-69. 

- WESLEY W. POSVAR -  a Rhodes scholar, served as chancellor of the University of Pittsburgh from 1967-91.

- FRANK BORMAN - An astronaut from 1962-70, Borman commanded the first circumlunar flight of the earth.  He later served as president of Eastern Airlines.

- EDWIN E. "BUZZ" ALDRIN - An astronaut from 1963-72, Aldrin participated in the first manned lunar landing with Michael Collins, class of 1952, and was the second man to walk on the moon.

- MICHAEL COLLINS - An astronaut from 1964-70, Collins served with Aldrin during the first manned lunar landing.  During the mission, he served as the command module pilot.  He later served as the director of the National Air & Space Museum.

- EDWARD WHITE II - An astronaut from 1962-67, White was the first man to walk in space.

- RANDOLPH V. ARASKOG - Araskog served as president and chairman of ITT Communications from 1979 and later as chairman and CEO from 1995-98.

- JAMES V. KIMSEY - Kimsey was the founding chairman of American On Line, and in 1996 was named their chairman emeritus. 

You think there's no intellectual thought going on the military? Do your homework before spouting such ridiculousness.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2003, 04:51AM »

Wow, I didn't think this would happen on this board.... usually have to say it on others, though.

Please don't feed the trolls.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2003, 04:59AM »

quote:
Originally posted by Dale Cruse:

quote:

You still don't get it.  You have named a bunch of real nasty dudes who have done much to cause trouble many places in the world.
You even site the USMA as a source of intellectual activity--that place that will provide the NEXT batch of war criminals.
The true litmus test is when one realizes that every president of the usa since the end of WW 2 would be sentenced to death for war crimes, based on the criteria set up in Nurnberg and the trials of the Nazis.  
When you do YOUR homework without fear, and with honesty, perhaps you will begin to realize just what an awful country our govt. has created.  
400 Billion $ a year for defence--which is about as much as the rest of the world spends added up.
Don't worry about a military take-over--it has already been done and we the citizens have to pay and pay for the military's atrocities.
Can you imagine what we could do for our citizens with real cuts in military spending--say to even 100 billion?
Remember Hiroshima, Nagasaki, East Timor, all of Latin and South America--the numbers are adding up and are, in fact, approaching the Nazi's totals by now.
Remeber the Roosevelt Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine, the Truman Doctrine and now the Bush Doctrine--if it walks and talks like a duck, then it is a duck in many ways.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2003, 05:14AM »

And if it trolls like a troll....

Normally I'm good about not responding to such inane posts, but I didn't feel I could sit idly by after the initial statements made. Rest assured I won't be posting in this thread again. Not because I feel I'm wrong - but because I don't wish to feed this troll.

Now where was that "Add To Your Ignore List" functionality again?
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2003, 05:22AM »

OK. Topic closed.

Christine (red hot - that's what!)
christine.woodcock@gmail.com
In vodka veritas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: