Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1083849 Posts in 71757 Topics- by 19136 Members - Latest Member: Weirdness28
Jump to:  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Recusal, Removal, or Indictment?  (Read 5515 times)
Russ White

View Profile
« on: Mar 02, 2017, 08:19AM »

It became apparent today that AG Jeff Sessions lied under oath during his confirmation hearing. We recently had a President impeached for lying under oath about an issue with far less serious ramifications. What should happen to AG Sessions?

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2017, 08:27AM »

If it was a Democratic president, the Republicans would be shouting from the rooftops for his head.  I think the Democrats are being somewhat restrained.  Even the Republicans are asking that he recuse himself from anything relating to Russia (and he appears to be loathe to do so).

I think Sessions is far and away the worst possible AG given his strong support for Jim Crow in the past.  I'd like to see somebody a little more forthright in that position.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2017, 08:29AM »

I'm gonna say that Flynn lowered the bar.

He didn't have to resign until it was proven that he discussed pertinent issues with a Russian official. The lying to Congress (?) part didn't really cross the line in the current environment (foxes, henhouse, all that).

As long as no one can prove Sessions discussed pertinent issues with a Russian, he'll get off.

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2017, 08:31AM »

Another fake accusation by the losing party.  Evil

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
Doghouse Dan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2017, 08:53AM »

Another fake accusation by the losing party.  Evil

What part is fake?

Dan Walker
I'm warning you - I have a trombone and I'm not afraid to use it...
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:39AM »

What part is fake?

none of it.
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:40AM »

What part is fake?

Who you gonna believe? Visual recordings?

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:42AM »

For those who think this is a partisan issue:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/politics/democrats-sessions-russia-resignation-call/index.html

Sessions is a lying sack of ****
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:43AM »

Who you gonna believe? Visual recordings?

Some folks will go to their graves before admitting that they could be wrong. Too much pride involved.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:45AM »

Some folks will go to their graves before admitting that they could be wrong. Too much pride involved.

Yeah.  We elected him :/

Bruce Guttman
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2017, 10:17AM »

Anybody remember Ted Kennedy?

Energy City Big Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2017, 10:26AM »

" The smear against Sessions is typical. I can think of a dozen reasons why the chairman of the Armed Services Committee would meet with the Russian ambassador to the U.S. having nothing to do with presidential politics. There are also several reasons why Sessions, as an individual senator would meet with Kislyak.".

I concur.

Energy City Big Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2017, 10:27AM »

Anybody remember Ted Kennedy?

When did he get elected President?  I think Chappaquiddick did him in.

" The smear against Sessions is typical. I can think of a dozen reasons why the chairman of the Armed Services Committee would meet with the Russian ambassador to the U.S. having nothing to do with presidential politics. There are also several reasons why Sessions, as an individual senator would meet with Kislyak.".

I concur.

NPR interviewed 20 of the 24 members of the Armed Services Committees (House and Senate) and to a man they felt that there was no need for any of them to have a meeting with any ambassador.  They had a meeting with a bunch of them at the time the Iran Nuclear Treaty was being written because that directly affected them.

Bruce Guttman
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2017, 10:40AM »

You can present irrefutable evidence that collusion was going on and there is STILL no way 'he' will change his position.

Predictable
elmsandr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2017, 10:44AM »

I concur.
Yes.  But why did he lie?

Action MUST be taken.  Recusal is now required and an investigation will now be required is well.  Why does everybody in the Trump camp meet with Russia, and why do they always lie about it?  Lots of smoke that they may just be making for themselves because they are incompetent.  Either way you need to find out.

Heck, Sessions may need to lose his job for this.  Asking that he rot in jail for what we know is dumb.  I'm sure if the shoe were on the other foot "Lock her up" would be the chant, but again that is ^&*$^%-ing stupid.

Cheers,
Andy

Andrew Elms
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2017, 10:53AM »

As for anyone who DOESN'T think that an investigation is in order, I question their loyalty to the USA. They'd rather pledge loyalty to their own party.

Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 02, 2017, 11:09AM »

From one of my staunch, Trump-voting neighbors - who will not compromise his strong principles of honesty and transparency:

“Lyin’ Jeff!  Lock him up!” 

Bad dog.  No Biscuits.
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: Mar 02, 2017, 02:27PM »

But, he's pro-life (he said so and that's good enough for ...).  Plus he's not Hillary.  Cannot state that too many times - He's not Hillary.

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 02, 2017, 02:32PM »

But, he's pro-life (he said so and that's good enough for ...).  Plus he's not Hillary.  Cannot state that too many times - He's not Hillary.

Who?  Sessions?

Incidentally, I don't think any of them are pro-life.  They support the death penalty for convicted murderers.  Pro-life people will oppose the Death Penalty as well as opposing Abortion.

Sessions has recused himself.  Hope the investigation will show what really happened, whether sinister or not.

Bruce Guttman
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar 02, 2017, 02:34PM »

And looks like trump's son in law also met with the russians:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/us/politics/kushner-flynn-sessions-russia.html?_r=0
Michael T. Flynn, then Donald J. Trump’s incoming national security adviser, had a previously undisclosed meeting with the Russian ambassador in December to “establish a line of communication” between the new administration and the Russian government, the White House said on Thursday.

Jared Kushner, Mr. Trump’s son-in-law and now a senior adviser, also participated in the meeting at Trump Tower with Mr. Flynn and Sergey I. Kislyak, the Russian ambassador. But among Mr. Trump’s inner circle, it is Mr. Flynn who appears to have been the main interlocutor with the Russian envoy — the two were in contact during the campaign and the transition, Mr. Kislyak and current and former American officials have said.

But the extent and frequency of their contacts remains unclear, and the disclosure of the meeting at Trump Tower adds to the emerging picture of how the relationship between Mr. Trump’s incoming team and Moscow was evolving to include some of the president-elect’s most trusted advisers.

The White House has repeatedly sought to play down any connections with Mr. Kislyak. Attorney General Jeff Sessions acknowledged this week that he had met twice with him during the campaign, despite previous denials.

The New Yorker reported this week that Mr. Kushner had met with Mr. Kislyak at Trump Tower in December. Hope Hicks, a White House spokeswoman, confirmed on Thursday that Mr. Flynn was also at the meeting in response to questions from a New York Times reporter.

You know... I think this is now officially the most poorly handled political scandal I have yet seen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: