Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1086752 Posts in 71922 Topics- by 19223 Members - Latest Member: Adamgtrombonetrumpet87
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Recusal, Removal, or Indictment?  (Read 5876 times)
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Jul 03, 2017, 02:23PM »

It is true. So, supplying false evidence of what happened is obstruction of justice. Is it not?

No, it's not.

First of all, all of the investigations showed that initial intelligence reports conflicted, some indicating that it was a spontaneous uprising inspired by the video, which had already happened elsewhere. The ultimate finding was that it was an attack by a local warlord, who used the video as a recruiting tool.

At worst, the administration was guilty of spin, by choosing the intelligence that best suited them, which is pretty much de rigeur. In the event that this were proved--that the White House definitely put the best face on a negative event--it wouldn't be an occasion for multiple investigations, because that happens every week now. None of that has any bearing on the actual attack, the prevention of which should have been the focus of the investigation rather than the political gamesmanship.

Second, there was no supplying of 'false evidence', because the initial statements weren't presented as evidence in response to an investigation, but were initial public statements from the White House and State Dept. If you counted any inaccurate statement from the White House or the President as 'obstruction of justice', Trump would be guilty of dozens of counts by now. How many inaccurate public statements has he made so far?

I know this won't matter to you, because you don't care whether what you say is true, any more than your guy does.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Jul 03, 2017, 08:45PM »

To all my fellow discontented Americans: 

Happy Independence Day!
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Jul 03, 2017, 10:43PM »

Is it true?  Eight investigations have failed to prove it.  If I say Donald Trump is the Devil Incarnate, does that make it true?  Even though nobody has proved that to be the case?

Maybe I wasn't clear as to what is true. Hillary on more than one occasion stated that the video was the reason for the attack on the embassy. That was a bald face lie. That's something that you can't deny happened. That was an obstruction of justice.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Jul 04, 2017, 01:37AM »

Maybe I wasn't clear as to what is true. Hillary on more than one occasion stated that the video was the reason for the attack on the embassy. That was a bald face lie. That's something that you can't deny happened. That was an obstruction of justice.

I can certainly deny it, because it's not true.

It wasn't a 'bald-faced lie'--it was consistent with some early intelligence reports.

It wasn't obstruction of justice, even if it was wrong.

There isn't an 'obstruction of justice' charge every time a president or Secretary of State says something that proves to be untrue, and that's a good thing for Trump. He rarely passes a day without a lie.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: Jul 04, 2017, 05:44AM »

I can certainly deny it, because it's not true.

It wasn't a 'bald-faced lie'--it was consistent with some early intelligence reports.

It wasn't obstruction of justice, even if it was wrong.

There isn't an 'obstruction of justice' charge every time a president or Secretary of State says something that proves to be untrue, and that's a good thing for Trump. He rarely passes a day without a lie.

Keep on believing the lies of the left. Happy Independence Day!

Energy City Big Band
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Jul 04, 2017, 01:03PM »

We have documented evidence that Hillary spouted the lie that the attack was caused by a video.
Please present your documentation.  Not a media editorial article (left, right or otherwise), because they are not evidence.  A news article with a credible source, or the documents themselves.  Let everyone see this evidence.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: Jul 04, 2017, 02:24PM »

As it happens, someone pointed me this way:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/14/new-documents-prove-hillary-told-conflicting-stories-about-benghazi-video/

The transcript in question is on page 42 of the FOIA document linked to in that article.  You be the judge.  However, from my perspective, there is a sentence removed from Mohamed Amr's excerpt near the top of the page that might very well be the first mention of a movie or video.  Whatever is in that sentence is refereed to by Amr as "incitement".

In Hillary's response she talks of the movie as though it had already been introduced into their conversation.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: Jul 04, 2017, 04:16PM »

As it happens, someone pointed me this way:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/14/new-documents-prove-hillary-told-conflicting-stories-about-benghazi-video/

The transcript in question is on page 42 of the FOIA document linked to in that article.  You be the judge.  However, from my perspective, there is a sentence removed from Mohamed Amr's excerpt near the top of the page that might very well be the first mention of a movie or video.  Whatever is in that sentence is refereed to by Amr as "incitement".

In Hillary's response she talks of the movie as though it had already been introduced into their conversation.

You decide:
News report:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xitCdlo9IlQ

Trey Gowdy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3RfxNJBArU

When the bodies arrived:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSooz2wXpes

In front of Congress, she said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOjX-o9axmw

Energy City Big Band
badger

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: Jul 04, 2017, 04:44PM »

Happy Independence Day!
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: Jul 04, 2017, 05:33PM »

Happy Independence Day!
I hope that you're enjoying your holiday today!

Energy City Big Band
elmsandr

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: Jul 04, 2017, 05:45PM »

... That was an obstruction of justice.
So, you really have no idea what that means, do you?

Really.

Every time you have typed that Trump is clearly not guilty of obstruction, you have Naha absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Impressive, Mr. Darcy.
Andy

Andrew Elms
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: Jul 04, 2017, 05:59PM »

That fell short of an effective rebuttal, but it's all you have. If you could build an entire nation on talking points, you could have been one of the founders. Happy Independence Day!

Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: Jul 05, 2017, 04:51AM »

So, you really have no idea what that means, do you?

Really.

Every time you have typed that Trump is clearly not guilty of obstruction, you have Naha absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Doesn't matter what it really means, only how it can fit neatly the existing, absolutely unyielding worldview (i.e. neatly enough to fool anyone immensely and intensely investing in being fooled).

That's the disconnect You Guys are failing to fully appreciate and that's needed to perpetuate this wonderful social climate through the misguided allocation of attentions ... or so it seems to me, on both counts. What's real and true is just a ghost to Those Guys. Any standards or practices by which You Guys use to take responsibility and try to assess what's real and true as best you can are completely alien and even offensive to Those Guys, because they fail to affirm that existing worldview, which is the only standard by which They actually measure what's real and true. Nicely circular, and all but absolutely impervious to correction. Sadly it takes tragedy to provide any actual hope of any actual significant correction (and "hope" is a strange term there, but it's being used in a surgical manner, very specifically about correction only).

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: