Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087081 Posts in 71982 Topics- by 19233 Members - Latest Member: Midnight1961
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Recusal, Removal, or Indictment?  (Read 5936 times)
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:11PM »

Who you gonna believe? Visual recordings?
Some folks will go to their graves before admitting that they could be wrong. Too much pride involved.

Pride, a profoundly (Dunning-Kruger) inflated sense of personal character, perspective and understanding.

What "fake news" really means from the far right, more often than not, is I'm an extreme intellectual coward and self-deception is very easy for me--something I proudly cultivate.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: Mar 02, 2017, 03:23PM »

A den of snakes
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:01PM »

You know... I think this is now officially the most poorly handled political scandal I have yet seen.

By the Drumpfians or by the investigators/ press?

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:20PM »

By the Drumpfians or by the investigators/ press?
Trump!

The press only gets what they get when they get it... then they need to vet it for what they can.

But trump's folk... they've been in the know since the beginning, they are after all the ones who did this mess, and scoot around blindly like rats in the middle of the floor who never believed that the lights could be turned on and don't know what to do now that they are! How old is the adage: keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

Wha? You mean people were watching the top russian officials in the country? Wha? Um... Um...

The handling has been worse than a 5th grade bully watching a video from a school yard camera of him bullying another kid. But... but... there wasn't a teacher around! Where did you get that from?! How could you have known?!
Radar

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Mar 02, 2017, 04:45PM »

" The smear against Sessions is typical. I can think of a dozen reasons why the chairman of the Armed Services Committee would meet with the Russian ambassador to the U.S. having nothing to do with presidential politics. There are also several reasons why Sessions, as an individual senator would meet with Kislyak.".

I concur.

The problem isn't that he met with him, the problem is during his confirmation hearing under oath he lied about meeting with him.  For the entire presidential campaign we had to listen to Trump refer to Hillary Clinton as Lying Hillary, if he's that concerned with truthfulness he should get himself a new attorney general.
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Mar 02, 2017, 05:28PM »

The problem isn't that he met with him, the problem is during his confirmation hearing under oath he lied about meeting with him.  For the entire presidential campaign we had to listen to Trump refer to Hillary Clinton as Lying Hillary, if he's that concerned with truthfulness he should get himself a new attorney general.

He's not interested in honesty, he's interested in rallying and herding fools, and in convincing other conservatives that the fools will carry the party so they have to get in line with them.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Mar 02, 2017, 08:55PM »

He didn't lie either. He answered the questions correctly, because he didn't meet with them to address the campaign. He met with the Ambassador as a Senator, and member of the Armed Forces committee, dealing with other issues. This is all a setup.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:02PM »

He didn't lie either. He answered the questions correctly, because he didn't meet with them to address the campaign. He met with the Ambassador as a Senator, and member of the Armed Forces committee, dealing with other issues. This is all a setup.

No more than getting Bill Clinton to lie about an affair as an excuse to impeach him.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
dj kennedy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:12PM »

cuzzin teddy  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, RIGHT. Yeah, RIGHT. Yeah, RIGHT. Yeah, RIGHT. Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anybody remember Ted Kennedy?

XXXXooOOOOOXXXXXXXXX
LUCKY  LUCKY LUCKY  !!!!!!!!!!
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:25PM »

No more than getting Bill Clinton to lie about an affair as an excuse to impeach him.

It's just that democrats conflate everything. What do you think we have Ambassadors for in the first place, but to talk to them. Geez. This whole Russian-hacked-election-screwed Hillary-crap is nothing but a big crapburger.

Did Loretta Lynch recuse herself after meeting with BJ Clinton on the tarmac the weekend before the big FBI announcement? No. Did any of you demand her to recuse herself? no.

Did anybody punish Teddy for trying to get the Russians to help out in the elections? (This actually was a true story)

Why not? he's a democrat.

This is a gigantic nothing burger.

Energy City Big Band
Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2017, 10:17PM »

Unfortunately, Dusty is tying himself into knots trying to protect AG/Senator Sessions.  In fact, Sen. Franken's question was not about meeting to address the campaign (that was just his prologue) - he asked if Sen Sessions had met at all with any high-level Russians.  Unfortunately for Sen Sessions, he (under oath) dishonestly replied "No."  That, by anyone's standards (especially Sen Sessions's) is perjury. 

In his confirmation hearing in February, Dusty's friend Jeff only compounded his sin originally committed in January:

According to the Washington Post, Sen. Patrick Leahy also sent Sessions this written question in January:

Several of the president-elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?

Sessions’s reply: “No.

No wonder - in spite of Dusty's protestations - Sessions was forced to recuse himself. 
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Mar 02, 2017, 10:23PM »

The entertaining exercise here is to imagine DDickerson's reaction if Hillary had been elected, and there was similar evidence of misbehavior. I'm sure he'd be in here defending her, because he's a man of principle.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Mar 02, 2017, 11:01PM »

What sort of "official business" was the Russian Ambassador doing at the Republican National Convention?

Jeff Sessions used campaign cash for RNC trip where he met Russian ambassador for ‘official’ reasons: WSJ

If it's official business why does the Washington-based Armed Services Committee chairman go to Cleveland to meet the Washington-based Russian Ambassador?

And if it was official business why didn't he report on his meeting to his Armed Services Committee?

Did Loretta Lynch recuse herself after meeting with BJ Clinton on the tarmac the weekend before the big FBI announcement? No. Did any of you demand her to recuse herself? no.

N.Y. Times...

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch, conceding that her airport meeting with former President Bill Clinton this week had cast a shadow over the federal investigation of Hillary Clinton’s personal email account, said Friday that she would accept whatever recommendations career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director made about whether to bring charges in the case.

Distinction without a difference.

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Mar 03, 2017, 04:15AM »

Yes... the democrats are so devious... In a question asking what sessions would do if he found out news of campaign surrogates dealing with Russia.... they got him to volunteer the information that he was considered a surrogate and has also not met with Russia... aside from the times he did. They didn't even ask he the question that his answer was a lie to... Sneaky sneaky dems!

Because the GOP only cares about these things when a democrat does them...

For example:
Deficits only matter when a dem is in the white house...
Emails only matter on a private server when a dem does it, not, say... the current VP using the same while actually criticizing a dem for doing it:
     http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/03/518286557/mike-pence-used-aol-email-for-state-business-as-indiana-governor
     The now EPA head did the same when he was AG
     https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/02/27/us/politics/ap-us-epa-pruitt-emails.html
     Both under the same laws and problems as the dem, but it's ok.... they're republicans.
Lying before congress only matters when a dem does it...
Botched foreign attacks only matter when they happen under dems...

Such obvious ploys of pure partisanship, and a complete disregard of country and law.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Mar 03, 2017, 05:06AM »

The entertaining exercise here is to imagine DDickerson's reaction if Hillary had been elected, and there was similar evidence of misbehavior. I'm sure he'd be in here defending her, because he's a man of principle.

"Lock her up.  And the Kenyan Mooslim too!" Evil Evil

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Radar

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Mar 03, 2017, 05:32AM »

I've watched both the question and his answer:  He avoided the actual question which was and I Paraphrase; What would you do if you found out there was collusion with the Russians, he avoided answering the question by saying he couldn't answer it because he was unaware of anyone from the campaign including himself meeting with the Russians.  The question about whether or not he lied isn't in debate anymore since he is now admitting he should have said I met with the Russians but we didn't discus the campaign. It's a fact he said he didn't meet with the Russians During the Campaign (regardless of what the question was) and it's a fact that he had met with a Russian Ambassador two times during the Campaign.     
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Mar 03, 2017, 06:04AM »

Teaser:
"The Opposition Party, the Democrats and mainstream media, has suddenly discovered that Russia is our enemy, therefore nobody in the Trump administration should have spoken to the Russians before the elections."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/03/jeff_sessions_should_not_have_recused_himself.html#ixzz4aGtXGSJ8

Energy City Big Band
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Mar 03, 2017, 06:23AM »

Submissions from American Thinker are not worth the effort to paste them here DD.  You should know that.

Talk about your fake news!  LOL!

To me it's simple.  Sessions lied.  That should be enough.

It was his job to meet with ambassadors of other countries.  That being the case, unless he was trying to cover something up, why would he lie about his meeting with the Russians?  His response should have been," Yes I  met with them.  That was my job."  The fish stink is overwhelming.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: Mar 03, 2017, 06:50AM »

But, he's pro-life!  And, he's not Hillary!

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Mar 03, 2017, 08:30AM »

Submissions from American Thinker are not worth the effort to paste them here DD. 

Well, since this community is nothing but liberal/leftists/demos, I can understand why you can't tolerate other people's/writers point of view. It is very apparent even before you make my point here this morning.

Demos claim the mantel of open mindedness, but yet, here you are dismissing news organizations you don't like.
It makes perfect sense why discussions around here go south so quickly.

So, I go back to my, 'look it up yourself' meme for the weak minded.

Energy City Big Band
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: