Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1066169 Posts in 70850 Topics- by 18680 Members - Latest Member: maplekicks
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Presto Slide  (Read 452 times)
The Sheriff

View Profile
« on: Mar 04, 2017, 05:47PM »

----

This is a quick review of a new slide cream that I just tried called Presto Slide. It comes in a .5 ounce container and works as expected. It's a rather thick cream, thicker than Pond's green cap cold cream, so a little goes a long way. So for those of us that don't mind using a slide cream this is another option.

===

Scott Bentall-Freelance
No pressure=No sound=No gigs
---------------------------------------------
Lawler .500 bore
Kanstul 1606 (prototype)
Williams 6 (Bob)
1935 Williams "L" Arrowhead
Conn 71H
bassmike

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2017, 05:57PM »

I've helped Jerry with the development of Presto Slide.  The Sheriff is right a little goes a long way. I'm switching back and forth between this and the Yamaha slide lube.  I have found that the Presto Slide is almost as quick as the Yamaha but smoother and lasts a bit longer.  He has also developed some maintenance products that work great. I've used the HLF cleaner which works great and am interested in the DiaBrass protectant.   

Michael Carver
Bass Trombone Chattanooga Sym
Adjunct Instructor
Dalton State College
The Sheriff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2017, 06:34PM »

I've helped Jerry with the development of Presto Slide.  The Sheriff is right a little goes a long way. I'm switching back and forth between this and the Yamaha slide lube.  I have found that the Presto Slide is almost as quick as the Yamaha but smoother and lasts a bit longer.  He has also developed some maintenance products that work great. I've used the HLF cleaner which works great and am interested in the DiaBrass protectant.   
===

Cool. It's decent stuff to be sure. My old 79H really likes it. He threw in some tuning slide gel with the order that I have yet to try, but I'm sure it'll be just fine.

----

Scott Bentall-Freelance
No pressure=No sound=No gigs
---------------------------------------------
Lawler .500 bore
Kanstul 1606 (prototype)
Williams 6 (Bob)
1935 Williams "L" Arrowhead
Conn 71H
wayne88ny

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2017, 10:01AM »

Almost bought this, but come on, $8 for the lube plus $8.50 for shipping equals $16.50 for 1/2 ounce of cream.  The shipping charge is too much.  It weighs half an ounce; drop it in an envelope, put a stamp on it and mail it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: