Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1086938 Posts in 71957 Topics- by 19229 Members - Latest Member: Alfred
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) Society of Alternate Fact Emination - news falsh
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Society of Alternate Fact Emination - news falsh  (Read 457 times)
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« on: Mar 08, 2017, 06:34PM »

SAFE exclusive...

Dateline March 8th, 2017:

Today Donald Trump told SAFE reporters that "I respect women.  No one respects women like me.  They know that.  Women love me.  What's not to love?"

President Trump further said "I fully appreciate and admire the critical role of women in society today."

When pressed as to what he meant by women's critical role, President Trump added "They are here to give birth to our kids, to cook for us and feed us and to clean our homes."  He added "They make great objects for sexual groping and tension relief.  Without women, we couldn't free our time from the mundane.  I love all women, I mean, sure, I'd like to love all women, but not the ugly ones.  You can see the type of women that are Trump women.  I have the best looking women.  They love me.  America loves me.  I got 306 electoral votes."

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2017, 07:20PM »

That he said that doesn't surprise me a bit. He is a buffoon and a BS artist. A higher profile carnival barker.
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2017, 04:10AM »

I think what we have here is an example of Poe's Law.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2017, 06:34AM »

I think what we have here is an example of Poe's Law.
Shhh!

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2017, 10:07AM »

Shhh!

Oh no worries man ... someone like Slide Advantage will pick up on it pretty quickly anyway, and the whole point of Poe's Law is about the levels of batshite crazy we've actually come to understand (not so much expect, but understand) the Alt-Right types really operate with. The failure to make the distinction isn't usually on those failing to make it, the real issue behind Poe's Law is the fact that distinction has been so blurred, right along with the target groups' connection to reality. The point of Poe's Law is more that it's hard to make parody that's fairly recognizable as parody without just making it ridiculous enough that your average 5-year-old can tell it's not a reflection of actual reality, thereby removing it from the target of the parody and defeating the whole point. Because of this perpetual foray into ideological Dali-Land and the fact that a large segment of our society actually lacks the basic cognitive tools to even recognize it's overtly F'n crazy, our parameters for extreme rhetorical absurdity are off the chart--non-functional--the needle's been buried for a while now.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: