Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1060969 Posts in 70655 Topics- by 18459 Members - Latest Member: Jande
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumHorns, Gear, and EquipmentInstruments(Moderators: tbone62, slide advantage) I have a Omega Bach straight tenor and I can't find any info on it
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I have a Omega Bach straight tenor and I can't find any info on it  (Read 157 times)
Jbontrager0425

"A frisky spirit makes my trombone sing"

View Profile
« on: Mar 15, 2017, 07:09PM »

I have a Bach Omega, which I think is a student trombone, and I can't seem to find any info. this instrument. I've had it for about 5 years now and I plan on upgrading to a F-att. tenor. The pictures are down below and the only serial number-like thing i have found is on the bell, 193*** I'm leaving the last three off because I just want to be safe. if you need, more info I'll be glad to give you what I can. One last thing I want to note is that I have all the original items that came with it: mouthpiece, bell, slide and case.
Jbontrager0425

"A frisky spirit makes my trombone sing"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2017, 07:14PM »

The pics are here if you need more let me know.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byn6bTpckynxQ0FtaTlxejdsM1E
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2017, 07:34PM »

Omega was the name given to the TB-200 for a while.  It was a step-up instrument (the student horn was the TB-300 which succeeded the Bundy).

If you like the way it plays, there is an F-attachment version.

As far as I know, the TB-200 is still in the Bach line even though it's not called Omega any more.

I'm not sure of the age but there are serial number charts.  I'd hazard a guess that it's a late 2000s horn since my 1991 Bach 36 has a 91xxx serial number.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Section Ldr, Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: