Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1083574 Posts in 71818 Topics- by 19123 Members - Latest Member: AU Tico
Jump to:  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I am a troll!  (Read 10713 times)
« on: Mar 19, 2003, 10:21PM »

Vanquished as a troll only for presenting another argument.  I only offered tough criticisms for the babble of the war mongers here.
These are leftist positions and very well known, at that.  They are NOT the subjects of trolls.
1.2 million deaths in Iraq due to our sanctions--is that enough reality to get this post removed also?
These are some of the valid positions of Noam Chomsky who is also NOT a troll, eventhough his positions may be un-popular.
Did we see an example of reactionary press here?  Oh yes....
These are not inane arguments but statements by folk who are consumed with the idea of presenting facts and histories un-re=written by the powers that be.  
This troll charge from those who willingly accept the concept of "collateral damage"--strange what a troll is in some quarters.
evan51
Guardian of the Sacred Nebulizer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2003, 11:07AM »

quote:
Originally posted by tim scemo:
Vanquished as a troll only for presenting another argument.  I only offered tough criticisms for the babble of the war mongers here.
These are leftist positions and very well known, at that.  They are NOT the subjects of trolls.
1.2 million deaths in Iraq due to our sanctions--is that enough reality to get this post removed also?
These are some of the valid positions of Noam Chomsky who is also NOT a troll, eventhough his positions may be un-popular.
Did we see an example of reactionary press here?  Oh yes....
These are not inane arguments but statements by folk who are consumed with the idea of presenting facts and histories un-re=written by the powers that be.  
This troll charge from those who willingly accept the concept of "collateral damage"--strange what a troll is in some quarters.

Hi Tim:
Our local NPR station read some of Hitler's speeches before his "annexation" of Austria and invasion of Poland. I actually thought they were Bush speeches until specific references were made. The pattern is eerily identical---the country was renamed the "Homeland," people of "middle east" origin were being rounded up, corporations were being handed the natural resources of the conquered lands, people were being exhorted to "support the troops" and accused of treason if they did not, and the list goes on and on. It is almost as if a blueprint is being used.

It is all about Oil of course.........

Best wishes, Troll,
Evan

One life---a little gleam of time between two Eternities.---Thomas Carlyle
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2003, 11:20AM »

Well, the problem with your post was that it was completely opinion-based. Nowhere did you cite any actual facts.
kenleeau
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2003, 11:34AM »

Yes, he  did!  

"1.2 million deaths in Iraq due to our sanctions....."

Mind you, he didn't tell how that would have anything to do with him being defined as a troll and having his post removed.

Tim, you were defined as a troll because you were being purposefully inflammatory and needlessly antagonistic.

If you would like to discuss this mess in Iraq in polite debate, I will volunteer to respond.

If all you want to do is rant and rave, at least be specific as to why.

Most of the time, I get to learn quite a bit from folks who are passionate in their beliefs.

I would be glad to learn of yours, but be warned -- "everybody knows" doesn't cut it with me.

bickle
Formerly titled by the Walt

"Horn cues are good!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2003, 11:35AM »

quote:
Originally posted by evan51:
It is all about Oil of course.........

Yeah, and you think Canadians are much, much better at hockey than Americans. Kook.      
BoneyW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2003, 11:37AM »

Of course you're no troll, but you disqualified yourself by a very emotional post with poorly supported arguments.
I too have strong feelings against the immenent war, but I'd like to keep exchanging view in a more rational way.
I'm very greatfull the allied forces liberated us from the 3rd Reich. Without the help of the US, we would propably speak all German in Europe.
We must not forget Saddam is a weapon of massdestruction too....
kenleeau
« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2003, 11:37AM »

What's hockey?  

Is it anything like Lacrosse or Jai-Lai?

bickle

"Horn cues are good!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2003, 11:49AM »

quote:
Originally posted by NAJATAAGIHE:
What's hockey?  

Sort of, yes.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2003, 11:52AM »

quote:
Yes, he  did!  

"1.2 million deaths in Iraq due to our sanctions....."

Well, I was referring to the post he made earlier in the topic that got him named as a troll.
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2003, 11:57AM »

Tim,

I don't think you are a troll, and didn't accuse you of this, because I know you to be a long-term forum member. However, your topic was going downhill fast, and I couldn't let it remain. This is a very contentious subject, and we already have four hot topics running. Yours was just a bit too inflammatory. I'm sorry.

Christine (red hot - that's what!)
christine.woodcock@gmail.com
In vodka veritas
trombeanbloke
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2003, 12:00PM »

Troll or no troll this is The Online TROMBONE Journal.
It shouldn't really be littered with warmongery......    
Take your views to a relevant site.....  
« Reply #11 on: Mar 19, 2003, 12:01PM »

quote:
What's hockey?  

At first, I thought your comment was a joke.  But I'm not so sure.I'm from Canada.  if you said that here, you be tarred and feathered faster than you could day "angry beaver".  I do not take the sport seriously, but some consider it a second religion.  Yes, it is like lacrosse (Canada's national sport), in the sense that there is a goalie, and a ball (puck, for hockey) is passed using sticks.  But it's on ice.  Gee, I really hope you were being serious about not knowing what hockey is.  Otherwise, I guess I'm lookin' like an idiot right about now.  Oh well.
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: Mar 19, 2003, 12:10PM »

quote:
Originally posted by trombeanbloke:
Troll or no troll this is The Online TROMBONE Journal.
It shouldn't really be littered with warmongery......        
Take your views to a relevant site.....        

No, I'm sorry Bean, but I don't agree with you on this. OK, this IS the Online Trombone Journal. However, the whole point of the Chit-Chat section of the OTJ Forum is that it's a place where trombonists can get together and talk about things OTHER than trombones, or music. Even if we don't always agree with each other.....

Christine (red hot - that's what!)
christine.woodcock@gmail.com
In vodka veritas
trombeanbloke
« Reply #13 on: Mar 19, 2003, 12:22PM »

Oooops sorry i didn't realize i'd accidently slipped into the place i usually avoid.......  
bickle

"Horn cues are good!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 19, 2003, 12:22PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Pointless Squid:
At first, I thought your comment was a joke.  But I'm not so sure.I'm from Canada.  if you said that here, you be tarred and feathered faster than you could day "angry beaver".  I do not take the sport seriously, but some consider it a second religion.  

He's from Alabama. Closest thing he's got to hockey is either the Nashville Predators or the Florida Panthers. It is a condition to be excused if he doesn't know from hockey. Not his fault. Kind of like Rangers fans........    

Or Penguins fans.........      
Paul Fletcher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: Mar 19, 2003, 12:30PM »

quote:
What's hockey?  

Hockey, yes we have that here.

School girls play it...

*ducks*

Paul  

New website all about musical metal: gamelan, steel pan and brass - visit http://www.musicalmetal.com/
« Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 2003, 12:50PM »

quote:
Originally posted by King3B:
Of course you're no troll, but you disqualified yourself by a very emotional post with poorly supported arguments.
I too have strong feelings against the immenent war, but I'd like to keep exchanging view in a more rational way.
I'm very greatfull the allied forces liberated us from the 3rd Reich. Without the help of the US, we would propably speak all German in Europe.
We must not forget Saddam is a weapon of massdestruction too....

I did state that I used N. Chomsky as a source, I could not be any clearer than that.
If you would like to go to a site called Z-net, you may find it interesting.
Everything that I said will be covered there.
There were NO rants and raves, just strong, albeit, unpopular, statements.
Their were NO emotions in my posts, just simple statements of beliefs.  
I do not believe that the usa is a suitable world policeman given its lack of consistency and general hypocrisy.                                                                                        
Where were everybody's tears when that monster Sadam killed all those Kurds in 87  or 88 when we were still loving him?  He did that with OUR knowledge and aid.
IJt was only when he invaded Kuwait that we decided he was overstepping and a monster....ONLY THEN.                                
How is that for hypocrisy?                                                                                    
OIL-OIL-OIL
evan51

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2003, 12:53PM »

quote:
Originally posted by paulfletcher:
Hockey, yes we have that here.

School girls play it...

*ducks*

Paul      

So do we...it's called "field hockey" and only girls play it....put skates on them and it's called "ice hockey" but only Canadian men missing half of their front teeth can play it!     It's sort of like a sport I think---a combination of WWF and soccer (football) on ice.

Go Sharks!

Evan

kenleeau
« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 2003, 12:55PM »

quote:
Originally posted by bickle:
He's from Alabama. Closest thing he's got to hockey is either the Nashville Predators or the Florida Panthers. It is a condition to be excused if he doesn't know from hockey. Not his fault.

So, the Birmingham Bulls are a figment of my imagination???

I know they are minor league, but still......

evan51

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: Mar 19, 2003, 01:13PM »

quote:
Originally posted by tim scemo:

Where were everybody's tears when that monster Sadam killed all those Kurds in 87  or 88 when we were still loving him?  He did that with OUR knowledge and aid.
IJt was only when he invaded Kuwait that we decided he was overstepping and a monster....ONLY THEN.                                
How is that for hypocrisy?                                                                                    
OIL-OIL-OIL

Hi Tim:

The history of the last 20 years is indeed interesting-----Saddam was elected president in 1979. When he fought Iran we were only too happy to oblige, selling him chemical and biological weapons to bolster his then conventional arms arsenal. There is evidence that the attacks on Kurds were "collateral," incident to an attack on Iranian troops occupying the town. Not that Saddam hasn't been a brutal, repressive ruler by any standards.

Before Saddam invaded Kuwait he actualy asked us if it was OK----he was told the US would not get involved in an Arab dispute. However, Bush, Sr. either forgot (or pretended not to know) that Kuwait was guaranteed sovreignty by the Brits (as we did the Saudi Royal family) in exchange for oil. Time to get our good buddy, Saddam.

For 12 years we've tried to wipe this third world country off the planet with daily attacks.

We now accuse Iraq of having weapons of mass destruction (sold to him by US companies tied to Cheney, is what is NOT mentioned)), that they present a danger, that the war will be short because Iraq is really NOT that dangerous (a day or two), that the world will be safe for democracy and American free enterprise.

So now it is time for Saddam to step aside as he has played his role.

This is Brezinski's doctrine of "enlightened self interest" in practice, and the execution of a design spanning generations. We are a country/army that travels on oil. FDR knew this and every president since then has known this.  This is who we are. The public is told all kinds of reasoning about what we're doing---you can see all of it parroted on this board.

Hmmmm....I see it's 6:11 pm EST. Time for the fireworks I guess.

Good evening all,
Evan

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: