Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1063558 Posts in 70730 Topics- by 18559 Members - Latest Member: Moore or Less
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumCreation and PerformanceMusic, Concerts and Recordings(Moderator: BGuttman) John Fedchock is in Cleveland and Akron this week
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John Fedchock is in Cleveland and Akron this week  (Read 164 times)
gregs70

View Profile
« on: Mar 19, 2017, 01:47PM »

I played with John http://www.johnfedchock.com/ back in high school.  Fine trombonist and arranger now based in New York City.  Last time I saw him was in the late 80s touring with Woody Herman.  John rarely gets back home to the Cleveland area.  He is back this week, Monday Night 3/20 in Cleveland playing at Nighttown Jazz Club with the Paul Ferguson Quintet.  Next three nights he'll be at the University of Akron.  I'm going to Nighttown with my wife. Really looking forward to it!

I'm not a total idiot - there are still a few pieces missing!

King 3B-F, King 4B-F, Holton TR-180
gregs70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2017, 07:58PM »

Wow! Just... Wow!  Two world class trombonists with drums, piano, and bass.  When do you ever hear a trombone combo?  They just blew me out of the water.  The last number was a bebop arrangement - they were playing sixteen bars of sixteenth notes at speed IN UNISON!!!!!  I was in another world for a few hours.

I'm not a total idiot - there are still a few pieces missing!

King 3B-F, King 4B-F, Holton TR-180
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: