Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1060981 Posts in 70655 Topics- by 18459 Members - Latest Member: Jande
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumTown HallNotices from TTF Members(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama) Adrian Hirst, Black Dyke Band, UK
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adrian Hirst, Black Dyke Band, UK  (Read 678 times)
second.chance

View Profile WWW
« on: Mar 13, 2017, 08:30AM »

I received the following message Sunday night cant personally verify it but... "Adrian Hirst (bass trombone player - Black Dyke Trombone Quartet) and his wife Karen have suffered an horrific motobike accident yesterday.   Karen is in a high dependency unit in one hospital with amongst other things concerns with respect to her spine and pelvis.  Adrian's injuries are so bad that he was air-lifted to a different hospital, is in an induced coma in the special intensive care unit, has multiple injuries and needs some extra special
prayers.   I ask for Gods special love and care for Adrian and Karen, for their family, friends and their extended family in the banding world.  I know that the prayer group will uplift their names to the Highest - and thank them for their prayers".

Doug
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2017, 01:41PM by second.chance » Logged

You Can Always Tell the Character Of  A Man By How He Treats Those Who Can Do Nothing For Him... James Miles
blast

"Bass/Contrabass trombone, Scottish Opera."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2017, 02:01AM »

Very sorry to hear that. I wish them a speedy and full recovery.

Chris Stearn

Still cannot think of anything better to do. Back on an old 1 1/2G again !
second.chance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2017, 04:52AM »

So.... an update on the Hirst family came to me today and it reads - "Karen had surgery yesterday afternoon/evening and has just received a little bit of physio getting her to sit on the edge of the bed. The plan is to try and get her to stand tomorrow!

Adrian this afternoon has undergone surgery on his back. Whilst I was with Karen we had news from theatre to say Adrian's operation "had gone to plan" and that he would be back on ICU in the next hour. Whilst still critical Adrian remains in a stable condition.

The plan is to now get Adrian in a more upright position so they can move to the next stage of his care - this may possibly include waking him up.

The family are overwhelmed by all the prayers, love and messages being offered.  Thank you to you all".

Kindest

Doug

You Can Always Tell the Character Of  A Man By How He Treats Those Who Can Do Nothing For Him... James Miles
second.chance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2017, 03:39PM »

A Further Update on Adrian and Karen Hirst

Adrian: The operation on his wrist was completed this afternoon and has "gone to plan", whilst still critical on ICU he has remained stable. One of his chest drains has been removed and the plan is to keep him asleep to see how he goes with the drain removed and if that helps his breathing. The medical team will review his position tomorrow and perhaps look to start to wake him. If all goes ok they may then be able to consider taking Adrian off the ventilator depending on his lung function and oxygen levels.

Karen: Continues to fight through the pain barrier with her physio and is determined to visit Adrian as soon as she can!
James and Amy continue to be comforted knowing that Dad and Mum (as well as themselves) are being thought of and held in prayer by so many people xx

Thank you for continued prayers

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: