Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1070100 Posts in 70996 Topics- by 18781 Members - Latest Member: curtisrollo
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumClassified AdvertisementsClassified Advertisements(Moderator: slide advantage) When item is sold, edit title to indicate so or send me a message
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When item is sold, edit title to indicate so or send me a message  (Read 536 times)
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« on: Apr 04, 2017, 06:25AM »

I am happy to moderate the classified ad section. But to make my job easier, when your item has sold, please edit the title to say PLEASE DELETE or SOLD.

Or if you aren't able to do so (after 48 hours you can't I believe), send me a PM

I don't have time to read the body of each and every ad to see what ads need to be deleted.

Thanks
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2017, 10:59AM by slide advantage » Logged
crazytrombonist505

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2017, 07:14AM »

Will do. Thanks Greg.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 2017, 07:53AM »

You can only edit the original post for 48 hours.  But putting SOLD in the title of a reply seems to work sometimes.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Section Ldr, Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch.
mpaiewonsky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2017, 09:06AM »

As was stated previously, you can't modify posts after 48 hours. I put sold in titles of sold replies as suggested here, but when I do that and the post slides to the top of the classifieds again, it still displays the original title of the post, not the new title of my reply. You still have to click into it to see the new reply stating it was sold. See all of my posts as an example. If fixing this "glitch" isn't possible, I might suggest 2 alternatives: 1) sending you a message when something sells or 2) replying to our posts stating sold as you have asked and then immediately creating a new post stating that the post immediately below that new one on the list has sold. Then you would know which one to delete without having to click into it.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2017, 09:15AM »

I like the message route.  When I was covering this board I used to get messages asking me to delete certain posts.  Just be sure to post a link to the post and not just "please delete my Classified" ;-)

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Section Ldr, Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: